• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What's your Pokémon team?

ShadowGeralt

Ultimate Pokemon Trainer
Years
Always had troubles with finding a perfect team for Ruby/Sapphire.
1. Blaziken
2. Gardevoir
3. Flygon
4. Absol
5. Gyarados
6. Aggron

Years
Right now, my Emerald team is Sceptile, Aggron, Lanturn, Ninetales, Claydol, and Absol. I've grown extremely attached to this team, because they all work so well together. Usually in Pokemon I try to catch a Dragon type to be my main powerhouse, but this group of 6 functions completely fine without one, if not better. It's on an emulator, but I would never think of deleting the file. :]

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
On Sapphire this time:

Blaziken
Tropius
Crawdaunt
Dusclops
Lunatone
Zangoose

Currently on my way to beat the E4!

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
My Battle Dome Team

Dragonite (EV= Speed) (From Firered)
Shiny Milotic (EV= Equal)
Arcanine (Ev= Speed) (From Firered)

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
What would be a good team with movesets and nature to go through the Battle Dome?
I need Pokemon with great type coverage and wide movepool

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2014
My favorite team to use in Leaf Green would have to be:

Charizard

Snorlax

Nidoqueen or Nidoking

Hitmonlee

Victreebel

Starmie

They all cover eachother so well and it is such a balanced team. Starmie also just wrecks in third gen because of his sp atk and his super wide movepool

mikefromindyindy

EDM producer/ pokemon hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
i usually try to get the pokes in my sig.. i ALWAYS get a metagross and skarmory tho.. (Emerald) <3

Akira Ichikawa

Pokemon Horder
Years
Just restarted my Ruby today.
My team for now is:
Combusken Lvl.23
-Cut
-Ember
-Peck
-Double Kick
Beautifly Lvl.21
-Gust
-Tackle
-Absorb
-Stun Spore
Aron Lvl.22
-Headbutt
-Metal Claw
-Rock Tomb
-Rock Smash
Skitty (Skittle) Lvl.22
-Tackle
-Assist
-Flash
-Sing
Swellow Lvl.22
-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Peck
-Focus Energy

Cornflowerblues

Waterdancer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I've always been a water trainer, with the addition of dragon and ice types mostly.
Buut, since it takes a while to get in proper waters, I extended a bit for now, only re-started Sapphire two days ago.

Atm we're at:
Azumarill (Lvl 36)
Marshtomp (Lvl 34)
Pelipper (Lvl 33)
Kirlia (Lvl 33)
Sableye (Lvl 34)

On currently on the hunt for a Wailmer...
My Surskit is in the daycare...
We have a long way to go.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
If we're talking about a team for battling the elite four then the team that always wins for me is:

Pokemon: Swampert
Nature: Lonely
Level: whatever level it is when I get there
Moveset: Earthquake, Surf, Brick Break, Ice Beam

And that's about it.. The only enemy Pokémon that gives me trouble is Wallace's Gyarados, which I used my Gyarados to beat on my last play through. Any other Pokémon I raise is just for fun mostly, unless I choose another starter. I have to add that my favorite HM slaves are Linoone (who can learn most of them and picks up many useful things along the way, and Tropius, who can also learn most of them as well as fly, of course. Another useful HM Pokémon that learns most of them is Golduck.

What would be a good team with movesets and nature to go through the Battle Dome?
I need Pokemon with great type coverage and wide movepool

Take a look at Swampert, seriously, Water / Ground gives it two of the most powerful Stab moves out of the whole game. And it has such a wide range of almost anything that you can hit anything, hard. That moveset I use has a super effective against every type except one or two. You just need to pile on the special defense EVs for battles against grass types, that is it's biggest weakness, and that is why Ice Beam is a mustmust. This Pokémon is near- legendary in my opinion.

Last edited:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
My current team on Emerald:

- Mew (Obey)
- Blaziken
- Lugia
- Latios
- Deoxy
- Egg

Your team is fantastic. I guess what is in the egg though. Deoxy is one of the best thing to get in gen 3. But what kind of Deoxy is it ? defense ? attack ? speed ? or ? And Latios is fantastic. Blazikein is very good in moves. Best of luck.

Years
First Emerald team (actually on cartridge, I don't remember all their moveset sadly)
1) Metagross (Comet Punch most likely)
2) Blaziken (Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick, Psychic)
3) Crobat (Sludge Bomb, Fly, Return maxed on speed, this one was a beast)
4) Latios / Gardevoir
5) Electrode
6)

Current emerald team (on Expert Emerald hack)
1. Blaziken (Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Slash, Fire Punch) @ Charcoal (252 HP 252 Atk)
2. Jolteon (Thunderbolt, Bite, Thunder Wave, ?) @ Magnet
3. Lapras (Surf, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray / Slam, Rest) @ Lum Berry
4. Skarmory (Spikes, Toxic, Steel Wing, Confuse Ray / ?)
5. Gardevoir / Gengar ? (Up for grabs!)
6. Golem / Tyranitar (Not decided yet)

As for my FireRed team, I don't even remember, except I chose Charizard, as I always did on Red.

Back