• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo vs Darkrai?

Darkrai or Mewtwo?

• Mewtwo

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 27 45.8%

• Total voters

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
i'll be vane, and go for aesthetics...

darkrai looks like ****... period.

mewtwo owns, and is part of the generation that is STILL the pillar which holds pokemon so high...

Gen 1 > Gen 2 > Gen 3 + Gen 4 (BTW Gen 3 > Gen 4)

Years
In anime might Mewtwo won but in game without Miracle Eye he hasn't chance
I vote for Darkrai

Why on earth would you need Miracle Eye and waste a valuable turn when you could easily use Aura Sphere which is super effective? It would almost OHKO it as El Gofre already pointed out and it makes Mewtwo the clear winner in the fight.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Why on earth would you need Miracle Eye and waste a valuable turn when you could easily use Aura Sphere which is super effective? It would almost OHKO it as El Gofre already pointed out and it makes Mewtwo the clear winner in the fight.
Yeah I forgot... you're right but I don't know if someone has Aura Sphere in Mewtwo's moveset because as I said Dark advantage could be ended by Miracle Eye but you're right Aura Sphere is better way

Ayselipera

Well Darkrai would win since Psychic moves
are uneffective against against Dark types and
Dark moves are strong against Psychic pokemon.
Still, I would rather want Mewtwo to win only b.c
I saw the first movie =)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Mewtwo, outruns and OHKOs with Aura Sphere, if Darkrai is a lead, and Mewtwo is a lead, then Darkrai could have a Focus Sash, survive, Dark Void, and then proceed to Nasty Plot and sweep.

Elena

¦:-]
Years
Mewtwo wins. It has a whole lot to do with the fact that he is a first gen legendary. And they are the coolest.
The fourth gen legendarys don't even look like anything realistic -_- Darkrai looks like a dark wavy cloth with hands, as apposed to Mewtwo looking like a humanoid.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
Years
lets compare shall we

darkria

Base HP.....Base Attack.............Base Defense....Base Sp. Attack.......Base Sp. Defense.. ..Base Speed
70.................... 90....................... 90....................135 .................90......................125
Max HP........Max Attack........Max Defense.........Max Sp. Attack...Max Sp. Defense...Max Speed
344................279...................279......................369... ............... 279.................349

mewtwo

Base HP.......ase Attack......Base Defense .........Base Sp. Attack......Base Sp. Defense...Base Speed
106...............110.....................90........................154.................90....................130
Max HP......Max Attack.....Max Defense....Max Sp. Attack....Max Sp. Defense.....Max Speed
416.....................319 .......279.....................407....................279.............. 359

hope you can read that but stat wise mewtwo wins but darkria does have the type advantage from my point of view i say if they play thier card right this is a tied up match

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
Darkrai.

Type- DARK(Dark pwns Psychic)

Moves: Dark Void, Dream Eater, and if you had the Darkrai from the events Roar of Time, and Spacial Rend.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
It would definitely be a close match, but I believe that Darkrai's type advantage would prevail over Mewtwo's superior stats.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
Years
Well it seems we are 50/50 now. I voted for Darkrai because of Dark void and if that gets in, like WolFLARE said. But anime wise i really don't know. I'd say it would be pretty even but i'd think Mewtwo would win.

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends

★soɹɹʎ` ıɯ ndsıpǝ poʍu :)★
Years
darkrai
a)its fastest dark type (besides weavil)
b)mewtwo's psychic based moves arent effective
c)darkrai is cooler ^_^
as for anime, prob. mewtwo, cuz if a cresselia could pwn him, im sure as hell a mewtwo could pwn him

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I've been reading through the posts in this thread and many people thinks that Darkrai wins with Dark Void+Nightmare+Dark Pulse holding Focus Sash. But I can easily make Mewtwo win instead even if Darkrai have those moves and Focus Sash.

Lets say both of them have max stats, which makes Mewtwo faster... *Double-Slap those who thinks Darkrai is faster (Trivia: Double-Slap is a Pokemon move)*

MEWTWO
Move: Aura Sphere
Held Item: Chesto Berry

DARKRAI
Moves: Dark Void, Nightmare, Dark Pulse
Held Item: Focus Sash

MEWTWO WINS!!!
HAH! DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING DIDCHA?!

Anyways, as for in the anime, I go for Mewtwo because I've liked him since the first movie, he is somewhat of an anti-hero, the type of hero I like the most... And also, comparing their powers in both the movies, I'd say Mewtwo can destroy Darkrai til there's nothing left of him, along with the area they battled in.

Last edited:
Years
Regardless, he's still faster. I've just done some damage calcs, and mewtwo with a neutral nature and 0 SpAtt EVs will do a minimum of 74% to darkrai with aura sphere. Strap on a life orb and he does a minimum of 97%, a OHKO if darkrai experiences any level of entry hazard or weather damage at all. Of course that would never happen, as mewtwo will be almost always be found running max SpAtt and will KO darkrai several times over. Mewtwo's defences are also better than darkrais, and is able to switch in on a 252SpAtt@Timid spacial rend and in the best case scenario (For mewtwo, not darkrai), not even be 3HKO'd. From here does what we started discussing- outspeed and screw over with aura sphere.

/thread.

Mewtwo would also destroy Darkrai in the anime...shoot, nothing could beat Mewtwo in the anime. Plus, Mewtwo's just all around cooler (although it's not tough to be cooler than Darkrai--G4 legendaries are terrible).

Back