• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Plasma Deck

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I recently got back into the TCG so my card pool is limited. I picked up the Frost Ray starter deck and adjusted it from there. I lack playsets to construct a consistent deck.

Pokemon: (19)
2x Cryogonal (Plasma)
4x Eevee: Signs of Evolution
2x Glaceon (Plasma)
2x Umbreon (Plasma)
1x Jolteon (Plasma)
1x Vaporeon (Plasma)
1x Flareon (Plasma)
3-2 Beartic (Plasma)
1x Keldeo EX

Trainers: (21)
2x Plasma Badges
1x Juniper
1x Cheren
1x Escape Rope
1x Pokemon Circulator
1x Devolution Spray
2x Pokeballs
1x Level Ball
2x Pokemon Communication
2x Energy Retrieval
2x Energy Switch
4x Energy Search
1x Evolite
1x Giant Cape
1x Frozen City

Energy: (17)
13 Water
3 WEMF Blend
1 Double Colorless

Keldeo and Beartic are the main attackers. Umbreon and Glaceon are used to allow all my pokemon (in theory with plasma badges) to retreat for free, aside from beartic (unless both Glaceons are on the bench. Cryogonal and Eevee can help me draw any pokemon in my deck (aside from other eevees).

Cards I have to potentially switch in
Spoiler:

I plan on replacing Jolteon and possibly a Glaceon or Vaporeon for the Leafeons. When i do i can get rid of my blend energies which, while they dont really hamper my deck, i cant use trainers to collect them. Replace them with probably 2 water and something else. Maybe replace an energy retrieval with a superior one to allow me to discard more pokemon for Flareon. Since with this deck i tend to have a lot of cards just sit in my hand with all the Eevolutions.

Anyway, thx in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Years
Instead of keeping the Eeveelution count in this deck at 7, I'd just drop 3 of the Eeveelution cards, preferably focusing on keeping the counts higher on the Eeveelutions you use the most instead of going for getting as many Eeveelutions in the deck as possible.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I thought the eevee attack, requires me to have 3 different types to use it.

Signs of Evolution: Search your deck for 3 pokemon of differnt types that evolve from eevee. Reveal them and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

So if i want to use it. It requires that i have 3 different types in my deck. Water, Dark, and a third type. The 2 other types i have atm are Electric and Fire. I could just put one in my deck, but the chances of me having one in my hand or in my prizes is too high for me to want to risk it.

In order of importance:
Glaceon: With the way i play, i tend to like to switch around a lot with no retreat.
Umbreon: Having up to 40 extra HP is quite helpful.
Leafeon: Potentially the best attacking eevee.
Flareon: A good late game attacker.
Vaporeon: My only healer in my deck and a decent EX counter.
Jolteon: Basically there to take up space for now and allow me to comfortably use eevees attack. But is a good EX counter as well.

Sure i dont need to use the ability. But its quite helpful when i need it, and i dont have to rely on searching items to find them.

Years
But once you have enough Eeveelutions, the excess ones are basically dead draws that could leave you stuck without anything to play on a critical late-game turn.

You don't have to pull 3 different types of Pokemon to successfully use Eevee's attack. With deck searches, since you technically don't know what's in there versus what's been trapped in your prizes, you can fail or partially fail a search of the deck and come up with Pokemon of 2 different types or even just a single Pokemon. Again, you don't have to pull 3 Pokemon of different types each time you use the attack. You can come up with less than 3 if you've only got 1 or 2 different types in your deck.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I thought if it would say "up to 3" if i was allowed to only take what i actually wanted.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Okay then i will definitely get rid of Jolteon and the 3 blend energies to support him. I'll probably replace it with 2 water energy, a superior energy retrieval, and maybe a revive.

Any suggestions on what trainer cards i should try and get more of?

I was thinking devolution spray, junipers, pokemon catcher, and maybe stuff like giant capes.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I just pulled a reverse holo N which is definitely going into my deck. I also got a rocky helmet which i kind of want to use. But to be honest my eeveelutions cant really take hits well anyway. I also found doing small amounts of damage is a terrible idea against my roommate. He runs Zoroarks that have the 20 x the number of damage counters.

Im trying to rework my deck now. I feel like i need more ways to change eevees. So more devolution spray and revives would work well in the deck. Frozen city works pretty well since all of the evolutions i have are team plasma.

Im trying to decide what to put in. I currently have 1 too many cards. I tried to remove a glaceon and i realized that i use it to attack quite a lot. The choice is between umbreon, vaporeon, and a team plasma badge. The team plasma badge helps my basic pokemon and keldeo retreat and gain hp. Vaporeon is helpful to heal if needed and can actually attack. While umbreon adds 20 hp but cant attack, but helps beartic do more damage and survive for longer. With both umbreons and the giant cape, it can have 190 hp. Though if im going that route i might as well just have 4 umbreons and go and give beartic 230 hp.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Yeah tried though the problem is that beartic cant do damage unless its damage or does 90 and then dies from zoroark. And for some reason stalling almost never benefits me more than him.

I think my biggest issue right now is i always have a problem with having both energy and pokemon in hand. I usually end up with only energy or only pokemon. I need to pick up more level balls and cilain instead of energy search. For some odd reason i always end up with no energy early game and tons late game. Though it helps when keldeo is on the field and i can just add as much energy as i need to kill anything he has.

I feel like i have too much energy retrievals. In theory they would be helpful, because i put a lot of energy on Keldeo. They could be in my discard or get discarded when he gets knocked out. But i find i never really discard a lot of energy. But when i didnt have any, all of my energy seemed to end up in my discard. Also superior energy retrieval helps me discard pokemon cards to power up flareon. Maybe i should drop one regular energy retrieval and superior for potions, a few better trainer cards if i get them, or maybe Alomomola.

My cards have slightly changed
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back