• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Cobalt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011
i have drawn the grass starter!(well the concept of it )

scanosr.jpg

no name right now that is a job forfor Flamz but its a shaman Pokemon that is Grass/Psychic

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
Good job, GoblinKing. Are you part of our team now?
I just have a few comments if these drawings will be the same for the battlesprites. The stage one is amazing although the pose it is in does not really seem like an attack stance. Also, they may need a bit more connection to grass type. I know it's hard, I've suffered from similar things as well being a pensil artist myself, and I'm not trying to be mean. Please don't take this the wrong way, because other than these two tiny things, the evo looks amazing!:D

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011
yeah poses are my absolute worst weakness, any specific critic would be appreciated I dont know if Flamz wants the sprites the same

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
yeah poses are my absolute worst weakness, any specific critic would be appreciated I dont know if Flamz wants the sprites the same
No worries. Positioning is probably the hardest part of pokemon drawing for me too and probably many others. If it were up to me, I'd position it like this(see attachments or spoiler):
Spoiler:

Of course, It is a pretty rough draft. It took me approximately a minute (10 seconds to think of the pose, 50 to draw). Feel free to use and build on it. Don't hesitate to deny my offer. No hard feelings. ;)

flamz321

Redefining the arts...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 13, 2024
Hey hey hey! Nice concept GoblinKing! And combined with Beegu's pose and a little tweaking, this could turn out as an excellent sprite! I'll get to work ASAP.

EDIT
-------------
I "finished" a trainer sprite. I have the quote around it cuz its sorta done but I think i could add. It's supposed to be for an ace trainer, but he sorta has hair like a medieval court jester. Any suggestions which way I should go?

NO STEALING!!! I really don't wanna report you.
PSD here

Last edited:

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
I Ike it! I'll get started on it right away, any ideas for the first Eco though?
GK, that pokemon is fine. Starters are supposed to look harmless and weak. The only thing I'd change is to make it and the final evo look not at the camera, but the opponent (kinda across a rectangular screen looking diagonally to the left). keep up the good work (now I sound like flamz :P)!

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011
okay ill work on that, im thinking of thinking up the final evo just a tad and making the first one look less like a demented satanic monkey

natty

Pokemonz No0b
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2012
Hey. I was just looking through this section when I found this. It looks pretty interesting. I would love to help as I have started doing sprites recently.

If this is still running, send me a PM if you like. I have a few ideas for the water starter already, as well as a few other fakemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back