• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2012
Hola amigo te quiero agradecer por el parche que se ve muy bien. Te estoy siguiendo hace un par de meses, y el proyecto se ve muy bien. Creo que antes habias publicado que no se podia lo de la doble batalla en el pasto, pero veo que lo has logrado. Estoy muy ansioso por empezar a hacer mi primer hack con este parche, yo soy muy novato, pero tengo un sueño, crear un juego con las 5 generaciones de pokemon.
Ya se que al proyecto le falta para que este terminado, pero puede haber una fecha aproximada para la finalizacion del mismo?.
Bueno ya no puedo resistir y lo quiero usar, lo de los movimientos los pondria yo, el tema es que no se nada de herramientas hexadecimales, y no se nisiquiera como poner un Victini o un Tepig en el pasto. Saber Hex es fundamental para el uso adecuado del parche, asi que te queria preguntar si me podrias dar el link de un tutorial para aprender todo lo que necesito, ya que no se por donde empezar , y no se nada de esto.
La cosa que para cambiarle los movimientos con una herramienta, no me reconoce los pokemon que has insertado, y tambiar para cambiar los sprites, no se si tambien se debe hacer con hex?.
Bueno ademas me gustaria hacer unas preguntas.
El parche:
.Va a incluir batalla triple?
.Estaran las nuevas formas de Pokemon Blanco 2/ Negro 2?
.Tendra mas posibilidades en el modo multijugador?
.Y si las opciones se van a poder editar?
Si por ejemplo,
Pones a Magmar que evolucione por piedra fuego, pero yo quiero que lo haga por intercambio con el magmotizador como en los verdaderos juego, se podra?
.Dijiste que estan todos los ataques insertados, pero estos ya tienen su determinada animacion en batalla, ya que no es lo mismo ver a V Generacion de Victini, que no ver nada.
.Va a ver animacion de los pokemon, no te digo como blanco y negro, sino como esmeralda?

Bueno creo que por ahora son todas las preguntas, pero estuve leyendo de que no tenias espacio para poner mas cajas, no pensaste en agrandar el room a 32 megas, ya que yo los tengo todos los de gba en 32M, por si falta espacio, por ahi ayude muche, es muy facil de hacer y si queres lo subo a internet asi te lo descargas, por ahi al tener un room mas grande encuentres mas posibilidades.

Desde ya gracias, vine del mundo del room hack español nada mas para agradecerte y animarte a continuar el proyecto ya que seguro que revolucionaras todo lo que significa el Hack room.
Disculpa por la traduccion, ya que utilizo la de google, gracias y saludos.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello friend I want to thank you for the patch looks great. I'm following a couple of months, and the project looks great. Had you posted I think before that it could not be of the double battle on the grass, but I see that you have succeeded. I am very anxious to start making my first hack with this patch, I am a newbie, but I have a dream, to create a game with 5 generations of pokemon.
I know that the project will take to get this done, but there may be an approximate date for the completion of it?.

Well I can not resist and I want to use, what the movements would put me, the issue is that not all hex tools, and no not even like putting a Tepig Victini or on the grass. Know Hex is essential for the proper use of the patch, so I wanted to ask if you could give me a link to a tutorial to learn everything I need, since no where to start, and not any of this.The thing to change the movements with a tool, not recognizing the pokemon you've inserted and tambiar to change the sprites, if not also be done with hex?.

Well I also would like to ask you some questions.
The patch:
.Will include triple battle?.
.Will the new forms of Pokemon White 2 / Black 2?
.You'll have more possibilities in multiplayer?
.And if the options are to be able to edit?
If for example,
You put Magmar to evolve by fire stone, but I want to do it for exchange with the magmotizador as in the real game, it may?.
.You said all attacks are inserted, but these have their given animation in battle, it is not the same seeing Victini Generation V, I did not see anything.

Going to see animation of the pokemon, do not say this as black and white, but as emerald?Well I think for now are all the questions, but I read that you had no space to put more boxes, no thought of enlarging the room to 32 megs, as I have them all on 32M gba, in case you need more space Muche help out there, it is very easy to do and if you want what you get on the internet so download it, for there to have a bigger room find more possibilities.

From already thank you, came from the world of Spanish hack anything more room to thank you and encourage you to continue the project because all revolucionaras sure what the hack room.

Sorry for the translation, since I use google, thanks and greetings.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I know that the project will take to get this done, but there may be an approximate date for the completion of it?.

I can't promise a release date. It'll be done when it's done.

Well I also would like to ask you some questions.
The patch:
.Will include triple battle?.

Absolutely not. The GBA simply does not have enough screen space to deal with 6 sprites at once. It would also be a lot of work to implement them in data terms.

.Will the new forms of Pokemon White 2 / Black 2?

Yes.

.You'll have more possibilities in multiplayer?

What?

.And if the options are to be able to edit?

Of course you can edit it. However, I actually already added the necessary items such as the Magmarizer.

You said all attacks are inserted, but these have their given animation in battle, it is not the same seeing Victini Generation V, I did not see anything.

What?

no thought of enlarging the room to 32 megs, as I have them all on 32M gba

*facepalm*

It's not a lack of ROM space, it's a lack of SAVED RAM space.

You created the poll, so you must deal with it

I created it when I thought it would be more easily possible, and to gauge how people thought about it. I don't HAVE to listen to it if I don't wish to.

It's been put firmly on the back burner until I have everything else working.

ETA: I was just given this link by Gamer2020. Turns out Vietnamese hackers are keeping an eye on this project too! :) Nice to know people from all over the world are taking notice! :D

Here

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
This is an incomplete patchers? I use give pokemon script in game and I use RESHIRAM, when I take summary to RESHIRAM, the game crashed.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
This is an incomplete patchers? I use give pokemon script in game and I use RESHIRAM, when I take summary to RESHIRAM, the game crashed.

I already explained MULTIPLE TIMES that the gen 5 Pokémon DON'T HAVE SPRITES. This is because I'm waiting for Chaos Rush to make his new sprites.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
This is a really awesome project, and I'm very excited to be able to hack this in tbe future! I would love to make a 649 Fire Red Hard Version! Good luck on completing this project!

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
This is a really awesome project, and I'm very excited to be able to hack this in tbe future! I would love to make a 649 Fire Red Hard Version! Good luck on completing this project!

:O That actually sounds very appealing! Even moreso if there are gonna be proper scripted events for all the legendaries etc. I can't wait to see what some people will do using this patch and all the features it will allow :D

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I finally decided how to deal with Basculin in my patch. When any Basculin is generated (both wild and trainer), a random calculation is run, which chooses which form of Basculin you will see.

I decided to do this because I can't have a "White" or a "Black" Basculin, which only appears on one specific ROM. However, I can provide a way which will only allow one or the other to be generated. The important thing here is that it wouldn't prevent the "other" Basculin from being able to appear in the ROM in question through a link battle or a trade.

To ensure only one Basculin form appears in your ROM, navigate to 0x7669F8 and change it to:

087669F8: XX 20
087669FA: 00 00

Where the XX is:
00 - Red Striped Basculin
01 - Blue Striped Basculin

ETA: I extended this functionality to set any Burmy found (either in the wild or in a trainerbattle) automatically to the correct cloak. You still can't switch between them at will, but at least if you're in a cave or on a beach, the game will correctly generate a Sandy Cloaked Burmy, or if you're in a house or "No environment" (I'm honestly not sure what that means), it'll generate a Trash Cloaked Burmy.

I will also add this info to the first post so it doesn't get lost to the mists of time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Sounds like you've got all of these alternate forms to show up correctly even in a gen 3 game (shame on you for not including them from the start GameFreak! :P) but I'm not sure if this has been asked yet: I see that you're using different sprites for Pokemon with gender differences, I think that's a brilliant idea and all, but will there be an extra button in the Pokedex that allows you to view both like in gen 4 and 5 games?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Sounds like you've got all of these alternate forms to show up correctly even in a gen 3 game (shame on you for not including them from the start GameFreak! :P) but I'm not sure if this has been asked yet: I see that you're using different sprites for Pokemon with gender differences, I think that's a brilliant idea and all, but will there be an extra button in the Pokedex that allows you to view both like in gen 4 and 5 games?

Probably not. That would require rewriting the entire Pokédex, not something I am capable of doing. Not yet, at least.

I do plan, however, for the formes to be treated in the same style as Unown, eventually. In that whichever you have seen/caught is the one which will appear in the Pokédex screen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
okay i'm new to PC..but i love playing Pokemon...
so i wanted to ask some questions..
firstly is this patch playable??(its like can i patch a fire red rom with this patch catch 649 pokemons,change forme??)coz i would really love to do that..
secondly is there any hack that uses this patch?????
please give me information..:)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
okay i'm new to PC..but i love playing Pokemon...
so i wanted to ask some questions..
firstly is this patch playable??(its like can i patch a fire red rom with this patch catch 649 pokemons,change forme??)coz i would really love to do that..
secondly is there any hack that uses this patch?????
please give me information..:)

No to both. It's a Work In Progress still in its Alpha stages.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Hello, I just want to start off by saying that I'm super excited for a beta version, can't wait for the revolution that this will bring!

But I digress, my question. In my yearning to create a competitively-based Hack, I had to ask this. Will Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes work with the patch?

Also, I was super pumped to read about the addition of a Physical/Special split, but how does that work specifically? Were Physical Attackes just switched to the "Makes Contact" aspect of attacks?

Thanks in advance.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Were Physical Attackes just switched to the "Makes Contact" aspect of attacks?

The "Makes Contact" aspect was already in the early gens, so, by Physical/Special Split, I think he means moves like Bite and Dragon Claw will now effect Attack and Defense, instead of the Special Stats.

Hope I helped. :P:)

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
The "Makes Contact" aspect was already in the early gens, so, by Physical/Special Split, I think he means moves like Bite and Dragon Claw will now effect Attack and Defense, instead of the Special Stats.

Hope I helped. :P:)

I'm aware it was already in the game; there was no real elaboration on the split, which to me is one of the most appealing aspects of this patch. I've always hated how Pokemon like Gengar, Gyarados and Salamence could never fully utilize their STABs with their best stats. I was simply asking for further clarification.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Do you plan on working with the creator of A-map to include the new pokes?

I sent him a message some time ago, but he hasn't answered me. I'm not even sure if Lu-Ho is even involved in hacking any more.

There is an "unofficial" A-Map 1.92 which supports the new Pokémon, but I don't have it. (Yes, I know, I'm making the patch, but I don't have the A-Map which would help me with it - Ironic, huh?)

I'm aware it was already in the game; there was no real elaboration on the split, which to me is one of the most appealing aspects of this patch. I've always hated how Pokemon like Gengar, Gyarados and Salamence could never fully utilize their STABs with their best stats. I was simply asking for further clarification.

If I was to say that Gengar + Shadow Ball is an absolute BEAST, would that answer your question?

It gets STAB + SCAB. Amazing!
STAB = Same Type Attack Bonus
SCAB = Same Category Attack Bonus (It's not an official bonus, of course, just applies because Gengar's Sp. Atk is very high, so it gets a huge boost from it)

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
If I was to say that Gengar + Shadow Ball is an absolute BEAST, would that answer your question?

It gets STAB + SCAB. Amazing!
STAB = Same Type Attack Bonus
SCAB = Same Category Attack Bonus (It's not an official bonus, of course, just applies because Gengar's Sp. Atk is very high, so it gets a huge boost from it)

As someone who actively plays competitively, this is awesome.

What about my other question; will Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back