• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
During my Emerald play-through, I found my first Shiny: A Nincada on the route to the left of Rustboro. Hoenn is probably my favourite region (Although Kalos is getting there :) ) and I am so glad that I caught my first (and sadly only) Shiny there!

AwesomeRob

Congrats!
Years
I beat Rubthe other day with this team:
Spaghetti the Sharpedo
Moves: Crunch/Ice Beam/Surf/Waterfall
Big G the Sceptile
Moves: Solarbeam/Giga Drain/Leaf Blade/Slam
Sack the Hariyama
Moves:Vital Throw/ Strength/Hyper Beam/Earthquake
Cpt. Electo the Electrode
Moves: Thunderbolt/Light Screen/Spark/Self-Destruct
Vonbj the Ninetales
Moves: Sunny Day/Fire Blast/Confuse Ray/Flamethrower
Bekkle the Crobat
Moves: Fly/Shadow Ball/Aerial Ace/Toxic
And right now I'm at the second gym in LeafGreen with this team:
Infernius the Charmeleon
Lvl. 19
Scratch/Growl/Ember/Metal Claw
Rekkle the Mankey
Lvl. 18
Fury Swipes/Leer/Low Kick/Karate Chop
Falco the Pidgeotto
Lvl. 19
Tackle/Sand Attack/Gust/Quick Attack
Bruce Jr. the Pikachu
Lvl. 19
Thundershock/Quick Attack/Double Team/Thunder Wave
I'll probably continue to post as I go on.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I did yesterday a sort of speedrun in pokemon Fire Red, on VBA, so i can like skip the time lol, i completed the game in 3hours real life time, and 9hours in game time. :D super fun!

ExtremeStyle

Pokemon hacks <3
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
The day before yesterday I started Pokemon Emerald again.
I really wanted to enjoy it,so I added a catchable Zangoose south of Fallarbor town,he is a wild pokemon and is pretty rare.
And,I hacked some Exp.Shares in my PC at the beginning,it's a bit cheating,but I really want to enjoy this Emerald adventure.

My team will be: Swampert Altaria Cacturne Torkoal Zangoose Manectric

I think it's a good team,what's your opinion?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I wanted to play through a Pokemon game, and although Yellow was on my list, the first generation mechanics weren't making me happy. So I picked up FireRed again, starting a new game. I named myself Astinus as usual (though I nearly had "Astinur" which made me laugh for a few minutes). Charmander was picked to be my starting Pokemon, as I always go with Charmander in FireRed because Charizard is one of my favorite Pokemon. Went through the basic starting motions of the game, including getting the Pokedex. Once free to do my own thing, I headed to Viridian Forest, where I searched around for a male Pikachu to add to my team.

Not a lot of play time, but what can I do. I have work in the morning.

Team:
Ender the Charmander - level 8
Andy the Pikachu - level 3

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I started LF agian playing in 1st january. And i caught 20 Pokemon as of now and beat 2 gyms. Well i have Charmeleon, Pidegeot, Onix, Beautyfly. Other 2 are empty slots. I use them to beat my rivals and gyms.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Well, I had a productive day of trying to find a Clefairy.

After catching Andy, I spent some time training both my Pokemon up to level 9 so they could handle the battle against my rival on Route 22. It was a very easy victory with Andy on my side. His Thundershock handled both Pidgey and Squirtle, and with the battle won, it was time to head through Viridian Forest. It was Ender's turn to shine, and he burned every little bug catcher we ran across with Ember. By the time we reached Pewter City, he had learned Metal Claw, and I thought he was ready to face down Brock.

One restart later...

We headed back into Viridian Forest for some more training, and Ender evolved in Charmeleon. Now he was ready for Brock, and with the help of Andy's Growl, was able to withstand Onix's Rock Throw. We left Pewter City with Boulder Badge in hand, our sights set on Route 3 and the new possible teammate we'd meet.

Angel the male Nidoran joined the team. The fight between him and Andy was brutal, where Andy was poisoned and in the red while Angel was paralyzed and in the yellow before the purple bunny dinosaur thing was captured. To help him catch up to his teammates, Viridian Forest was our training ground again. Stronger than before, we headed into Mt. Moon.

Zubat everywhere. But my three Pokemon made short work of the trainers inside. Before beating the final Rocket and grabbing the Dome Fossil, we searched for a Clefairy. Never realized how low a 6% rate of encounter was until nearly a half-hour passed. But finally a female Clefairy appeared, and Andy was sent out again to help capture her.

One battle where Andy was put to sleep, double-slapped, encored, and suffering from Cute Charm later, we caught Valentine the Clefairy. I was terribly amused that she's Quirky nature, which I think fits her rather well.

Exiting Mt. Moon, we were all blinded by the sunlight on Route 4 and dashed to the safety of the Pokemon Center. There, we decided to rest for the day, wondering if Misty or the trainers on the Nugget Bridge were going to be our next targets.

And whether I want to add a Grass or a Water Pokemon to the team.

Team:
Ender the Charmeleon - level 20
Andy the Pikachu - level 14
Angel the Nidorino - level 18
Valentine the Quirky Clefairy - level 10

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I got bored of playing Pokemon Y, so I decided to restart my Emerald because I miss Hoenn a lot. Through this play through, I want to try to use Pokemon I never use. Should be fun!

Restarted my game, picked Mudkip, and did all the boring beginning stuff. Didn't get to play much, but I got up to helping Wally catch his first Pokemon.

So far, my team is:

Mudkip Level 12
Zigzagoon Level 8 (Never used it before, and never had a Linoone before!)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I got bored of playing Pokemon Y, so I decided to restart my Emerald because I miss Hoenn a lot. Through this play through, I want to try to use Pokemon I never use. Should be fun!

Restarted my game, picked Mudkip, and did all the boring beginning stuff. Didn't get to play much, but I got up to helping Wally catch his first Pokemon.

So far, my team is:

Mudkip Level 12
Zigzagoon Level 8 (Never used it before, and never had a Linoone before!)

Yeah if you defeat the game and start over agian it becomes tooo boring. But i play it anyway. Cause i love GEN III Oh great inspiration. You should try something which you didn't before. it will cause the borness to gone with the wind. I also chose Mudkip many time & i also sometime choose Torchick. But I never choose Treeko as of now. Thinking to choose Treeko Next time i play. And i almost beat these 3rd gen games more then 5 times.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Misty and her Starmie make me angry.

I thought that we would be all set for Misty, but I completely underestimated her Starmie. It decimated the team, so we decided to regroup and train. We made our way through Routes 24 and 25, beating trainers along the way and gaining experience. Of course, we had to stop by the Sea Cottage so Andy could say hello to Bill and cause all sorts of shenanigans. Those two...

With a ticket to the SS Anne in hand, we headed out of Cerulean to Routes 5 and 6. No time to search for wild Pokemon. We got trainers to beat! The team started gaining more levels, and things started looking better. To continue our hopeful streak, we went to the docked SS Anne, exploring the ship and fighting all the bored trainers.

HM01 was our reward, after beating the rival and his Pokemon. (Val took a Kinesis from Kadabra and wasn't fazed. She's awesome.) Cut is going to be taught to Ch'Ding, the current HM slave. Before we could use Cut, we had to defeat Misty. Andy steeled himself for the battle.

He did his best, but Misty's Starmie still overpowered him. A much-stronger Angel came to Andy's rescue and we won the Cascade Badge. Now the team's tired, and we're going to take a break for the day before continuing on our adventure.

Team:
Andy the Pikachu - level 25
Ender the Charmeleon - level 22
Valentine the Clefairy - level 18
Angel the Nidorino - level 25
Ch'Ding the Farfetch'd - level 12

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Misty and her Starmie make me angry.

I thought that we would be all set for Misty, but I completely underestimated her Starmie. It decimated the team, so we decided to regroup and train. We made our way through Routes 24 and 25, beating trainers along the way and gaining experience. Of course, we had to stop by the Sea Cottage so Andy could say hello to Bill and cause all sorts of shenanigans. Those two...

With a ticket to the SS Anne in hand, we headed out of Cerulean to Routes 5 and 6. No time to search for wild Pokemon. We got trainers to beat! The team started gaining more levels, and things started looking better. To continue our hopeful streak, we went to the docked SS Anne, exploring the ship and fighting all the bored trainers.

HM01 was our reward, after beating the rival and his Pokemon. (Val took a Kinesis from Kadabra and wasn't fazed. She's awesome.) Cut is going to be taught to Ch'Ding, the current HM slave. Before we could use Cut, we had to defeat Misty. Andy steeled himself for the battle.

He did his best, but Misty's Starmie still overpowered him. A much-stronger Angel came to Andy's rescue and we won the Cascade Badge. Now the team's tired, and we're going to take a break for the day before continuing on our adventure.

Team:
Andy the Pikachu - level 25
Ender the Charmeleon - level 22
Valentine the Clefairy - level 18
Angel the Nidorino - level 25
Ch'Ding the Farfetch'd - level 12

Yes i also find it too hard to beat Mistys Starmie. When first time i battled here she beats me up with her one Pokemon. I only had Grass and Fire. Grass type Pokemon can't do a good job as i have teach them not eligable moves to beat a water type. I did my best and after some 5 or 6 tries i finally beat Misty. And In vermillion city i got stuck for a year for not knowing what to do. I didn't knew how to battle the gym leader. But after many tries i finally got that Gyms Electick doors up.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
The saffron gym puzzle was also a headache as it was always a frustration finding the right tile to sabrina and finding the tile to go back after beating her.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
The saffron gym puzzle was also a headache as it was always a frustration finding the right tile to sabrina and finding the tile to go back after beating her.

Well i found the Saffron Gym too easy. I barely didn't find it as a headache well and you can easily return from the gym by going to backward. I mean if you take some back steps you will see a jumping hide like thing. just go within and you will get the exit. And I find a little hard to beat Sabrina i almost tried 4 or 3 times to beat her. She had strong Pokemon although.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Alright, so since my last update, I now have three Hoenn badges! Roxanne was easy with Mudkip + water gun, Brawly was pretty easy thanks to a Sableye I picked up, and Wattson was a piece of cake thanks to Marshtomp + mud shot. Things are going very smoothly! Now I am on my way to Flannery, who should also be easy thanks to Marshtomp!

The team:

259.png
Marshtomp Level 25

302.png
Sableye Level 24

264.png
Linoone Level 24

44.png
Gloom Level 24 (hmm... Bellossom or Vileplume?)

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
Just whipped Giovanni in Viridian Gym with a level 38 Gyrados! It leveled up halfway through, but not before fainting a Rhyorn 12 levels above it in one move! ^^

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Alright, so since my last update, I now have three Hoenn badges! Roxanne was easy with Mudkip + water gun, Brawly was pretty easy thanks to a Sableye I picked up, and Wattson was a piece of cake thanks to Marshtomp + mud shot. Things are going very smoothly! Now I am on my way to Flannery, who should also be easy thanks to Marshtomp!

The team:

259.png
Marshtomp Level 25

302.png
Sableye Level 24

264.png
Linoone Level 24

44.png
Gloom Level 24 (hmm... Bellossom or Vileplume?)

Oh looking great. How about VilePlume ? And all are fantastic on your way. I wish you best of luck !

Just whipped Giovanni in Viridian Gym with a level 38 Gyrados! It leveled up halfway through, but not before fainting a Rhyorn 12 levels above it in one move! ^^

Lvl 38 Gyradose ? cool get your Pokemon leveled up ! oh... Your Rhydon got faint ? I prefer you level up your Pokemon by VS seeker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back