• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
tyranisneasel: (This is hypothetical.) Since computers are deterministic machines, it's impossible for them to generate truly random numbers. I'm hoping that the game generates certain PVs (Personality Value, a hidden value responsible for things including natures, genders, and shininess) more often than others. Since shininess is determined by a hidden value similar to your trainer ID, if this is the case, games with certain such IDs will tend to generate shinies more often than others. By resetting my game totally on occasion, I don't raise the odds of seeing a shiny Treecko, but I raise the odds that, once I do, I will see shinies more frequently later on. (This is hypothetical.)

King Kobra: "Miss Cake" is the name of my Scizor. (female) I got the idea from Runa's Scyther who battled the L140 Kabuto. :P As for the D/P sprites, if you were to check my sig on SPPF, you would find that I had reparied the sprites from the official D/P screenshots. After that, recolouring them is trivial. :P (The album of repaired sprites (which can be expected to grow as more screenshots are released) can be found here.)

Exokriz: I'm sorry to hear that about the Weedle and Onix. On the bright side, if the theory I described above is true, you're bound to run into some more shinies! ^o^ Raise a False Swiper ASAP.

~2986 Treeckos. You'd know if I found a shiny, even if it's a Zigzagoon. >,>

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Oh ok, I get it now. I hope that it's possible to trade from R/S/E/Fr/Lg/C/XD to D/P because I just got my first lvl. 100 and am planning on raising my Shiny Scyther (When I get it) to lvl. 100. Wouldn't it be cool if you can put the GBA Pokemon game in the bottom of the DS, and the DS game in the top and trade without cables or friends (if you're a loner like me <.< >.>).

Update: 750 Scyther Resets. If I don't die trying to get Scyther, than I'm going to take a break from Shiny Hunting for a Week or so to get past Blain, Giovanni, and the Elite Four on my FR so I can evolve Scyther and begin training!

P.S. I'm going to Kern River next week from Tuesday to Sunday so I'll be Shiny Hunting like crazy.

<I>Kobra<I>

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MM, when u post and you put ~*insert number of SRs here* for Treecko, those are the soft resets u got by adding 21.3333 everytime u saw a female one with 20 HP right? Would the same thing work for a Totodile? I plan to SR for one, once I get this shiny Treecko on Emerald(I am SRing for both Treecko and Eevee). I have been SRing for Eevee what feels like all day, so now I am off to Treecko, wish me luck!

It is possible to trade between R/S/E/FR/LG to D/P... I am not sure about XD/Colos though.

Years
There are better ways to count Totodiles, since there's no waste of time in checking its stat screen, since you need to check it, anyway. Try counting females with a specific nature--the odds are 1 in 200 (so 200 per). You should get used to coming up with these things by yourself.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I am not sure i understand, but I think I get the idea... say, I am looking for a shiny Totodile, and everytime I see a female with a Jolly nature, I add 200 soft resets to the total I've done, correct?

Meh, I am temporarily giving up for Eevee. So I can resume my hunt for Treecko. I figured Treecko is higher on my priority list becuz the ID I have on FR is already gonna be the one I am keeping, and that ID got me a shiny charmander in 5 days, so maybe it is lucky. So, it would be logical to hunt for a Treecko, so I can hopefully get a lucky ID on there too... I am gonna get a new ID on Em every week. Today is the 22nd, right?

I guess I'll just start over in how many I counted, since I lost the sheet i was keeping track of them on, but I am gonna use MM's method of counting again.

BTW, do u guys think I should just focus on Treecko till I get it, or should I alternate between Eevee and Treecko?

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
MeleeMaster: I say focus on one at a time, trying to hunt for 2 Shinies is harder and more painfull.

Update: 800 Scyther Resets. I'm planning on hitting 1000 tonight, but it looks like I'll only get to 900 because I'm having a friend over and he's not a Pokemon-liking type. He's getting here at around 9:30-10:00-ish so I8'll have time to get to at least 900.

My Shiny Scizor avatar pwns you all, thanks again MM!

<I>Kobra<I>

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
JBCBlank: List your Shinies (if any) and what games they are in, you'll probably be allowed in.

Update:900 Scyther Resets. Every 100 Resets, I feel like I grow a rank in the Shiny Hunters.

<I>Kobra<I>

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
i really wish u would find a connection to idss mm but i just find it too hard to belive u can no off the variables are jus too much for my mind to grasp u pulling out specific ids that can get shinnies more then others , i mean one question when u take all this into question is did u figure in how often one plays? i mean obviously makes lil diffrence but if sr 3k times in one day and get a shiny doesnt mean my id has better luck becuz u only reset 100 or so a day and didnt get one for weeks or months again i claim to know nothing im jus a rambling paranoid person so plz try not to make me sound too dumb when u explain it all to me XD

WOOT lady darkmoon i have gotten my first badge and thanks to u i now know if i ever want to see a rare candy i need to change my party to all zigs untill i get to 21 with each XD

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
I know I'm posting very frequently, but I have to announce my milestone...

Update:1000 Scyther Resets!
Well, I've made it this far and no Shiny Scyther. By my calculations, I had a 1/8.192 chance of finding a Shiny Scyther in those 1000 Soft Resets. Now onto the rest of them until I find Shiny Scyther!

ONWARD!

<I>Kobra<I>

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
:) No problem shido-kun.

JBCBlank said:
Wow....... I knew I sould have joined a long time ago.. But.. sence I'm here now... Can I join?

Please list your advanced gen. shinys that you have if any. By the way, I like your sig.

Congrats on your milestone KK, only 7000 to go... *wishes luck*

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 15, 2007
Still nothing to report I'm still catching mewtwo ( O guys it tooks me long time to get a modest mewtwo for my team still nothing ) I think i will have a long time to go back shiny hunting.

Last 15 post^^<

Yuscrecio

Fellow Sista'
Years
Hey guys. Dang, after catching Zigzagoon, I thought it would be easy to cath shinies. x_X Guess I thought wrong. XDD How is everyone else's shiny hunts going?

I'm getting a little worried that MM didn't acknowledge my SHC card update post.*starts to cry*

The True Keyblade Master

The True Keyblade Master
Years
Here comes my depression moment im givng up on torchic i was playign with the charger plugged in i knew my gameboy was gonna die soon so i decided to paly while it charged...then here comes the sad part..power went out i didnt relaise i rip out torchihc iots shiny...gameboy dies
it was at 2837 Soft-resets

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
i still havent got my shiny aipom its so unfair i realy want it it looks so good i will have to empty my boxs soon i have filled 5 with them so far

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
OH NO *runs to lady darkmoon and points to pkmn prodigy* hes hunting the rare absol tooooooooooooooooooo !!!!! WE MUST HURRY :(

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
TTKM: Oh what horrible luck, my sympathies. I would probably cry if I were to lose Scvther like that...

Update: Nothing new, haven't gotten any Hunting done since last night...

Well, as LDD said, only 7000 more to go. *sigh*

<I>Kobra<I>

Back