• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Vault Hunter's Challenge

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Username: Happy Smiley Yum Yum
Game: Leaf Green
Team:
Kabutops as the Assassin
Hitmonchan as the Bezerker
Beedrill as the Gunzerker
Nidoqueen as the Siren
Clauses: New U Clause

I'll post my first update after catching Nidoran(f) and Weedle. :D Excited!

Challenges are my procrastination method of choice!

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
Years
Username: Ani
Game: White
Team:
Bisharp as the Assassin
Emboar as the Beserker
Staraptor as the Hunter
Metagross as the Mechromancer
Clauses:
New U Clause.

EDIT: I won't be stating this though, I'll put in another edit when I do though! Sorry!

Last edited:

IrishAurum

Professor's Assistant
Years
Username:IrishAurum
Game:White 2
Team:
Metagross as the Mechromancer
Excadrill as the Assassin
Hydreigon as the Commando
Grumpig as the Siren
Clauses:None

Update #1!
Well first off I had to beat Cheren before I got any of my team because I wanted them to be 100% legit, but after I beat him I got all the eggs I needed and hatched them at the starting city. The eggs were beldum,spoink,drink,and drilbur. Then I grinded them to level 5 where "Axton" (deino) learned focus energy and "Zer0" (Drilbur) learned rapid spin then I went down route 20 and grinded a bit more when Axton learned bite and spoink(lilith) learned psywave. We then continued to Virbank city where I realized that beldum only learns take down until it evolves so I went to virbank complex beat all the trainers and grinded even more! Finally I thought I could take on Roxxie and won with Axton as my last Pokemon. After that I made a movie :| . Took a boat to Caestila city and got the bike and saved!

Last edited by a moderator:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Expect an update soon. I'll be bringing the Challengers and Champions list up to date, as well as adding a new class option to the challenge: The Psycho Bandit!

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Looks like fun (despite never playing Borderlands =P)!

Username: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
Game: Black

Noctowl the Hunter
Mismagius the Siren
Seviper the Assasin
Magnezone the Mechromancer

And probably Panpour and Patrat as HM Slaves =P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Update #5
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

CHALLENGE FINISHED!!

Expert Emerald is really hard.

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

● information
OT: Moxxi ID: 24009
Badges: 10

● journal entry
Tonight, I turned on the game and found that I had a party of 6 junk Drowzee/Zubat. What was I doing?! It has been a while, sorry about that, cutie pies.

I'm so dumb at this game, I forgot where to go. Since I couldn't use the Magnet Train, I started using Surf east from Newbark. From there, I could fly to Saffron. Sabrina is a bully, so I think I'll first try Vermilion's Gym. I figured I'll need HM Cut to remove the tree, so I withdrew my cuttin' Chikorita, Bad Touch. I wonder what it would be like to use a starter Oh hey Lilith, my Blaziken!

She's gonna destroy Lt. Surge's team, yeah. Use dat Flamethrower because mommy really doesn't like you catching Static. Don't bring that mess home!

...Used special attacks to avoid Static, get Thunder Wave'd anyways. Stupid Lt Surge, don't you dare try to set up Double Team. GAH. Actually, this match went very easy. Double Team never became haxy, so I'm pleased.

Blaziken still wants to beat up Pokemon, and Chikorita still is rockin' the Cut. Off to Celadon we go! The gym maze was a little weird - or I can't think straight past midnight, but it was the only thing to give me a tiny bit of trouble. Blaziken and Altaria decimated Erika.

● party
257.png
Lilith the Blaziken - Level 57
376.png
Gaige the Metagross - Level 52
359.png
Zero the Absol - Level 54
334.png
Salvador the Altaria - Level 53
152.png
Bad Touch the Chikorita - Level 10

IrishAurum

Professor's Assistant
Years
Finally I got my 3DS charger so I can do this challenge again!
Update #2
So after entering the city I went straight to the sewers and went though that place.(I got lost so it took forever to finish) and after that I went straight out of the sewers and challenged burgh! I won on the first try mostly because Axton is OP with his Dragon rage attack.
The team:
Axton(Deino)
level:22
moves: bite,Dragon rage,earth power,dragonBreath
Zer0 (Drilbur)
level:20
moves: Metal claw,earthquake,rock slide,swords dance. (I'm going to re-teach hone claws on him as soon as I can)
Gaige(Beldum)
move: Take down
Lilith(spoink)
moves: confuse ray,skill swap,trick,psybeam

TwilightBlade

Years

● information
Badges: 13

● journal entry
Borderlands 2 was released one year ago, hnng. It's time I finished this challenge. :^)

I aimed my sights on Cerulean since I haven't visited Pewter yet. Oops, the gym's empty. Let's give Misty a little visit. The gate north of Cerulean looks really nice; well, all the graphical updates are wonderful. Metagross learned Meteor Mash after punching some short people.

Once I get Misty to straighten up and return to the gym, I defeat every swimmer/sailor. I love the battle backdrop when battling in the pool. Misty's Starmie gave me some trouble by abusing Confuse Ray / Water Pulse. The rest of her team was no problem at all.

Sabrina was a cake-walk with Absol. However, Absol is very limited in what he can do, so I deposit him and withdraw Roland the NidoranM. I had RNG abused him back in February, Valentines day to be exact. I train NidoranM along various routes.

I'm also considering depositing Altaria for Axton the Honchkrow to recover my lost dark type and maintain a dedicated Fly-user.

:O Ran into a wild Murkrow. I captured him after a few Love Balls, but he had an Insomnia nature... I'll probably just breed one and get Drill Peck and/or Brave Bird.

Once Nidorino hit level 38, I evolved him and taught him Surf. Time to take on Koga! Nidoking will learn Earth Power sooner or later.

Er... Janine! She's the gym leader, haha. I like the upgraded gym design, too. Nidoking still isn't quite strong enough to fight on his own, sigh.

OH NOES. I PICKED JANINE AND DIDN'T GET TO SAVE BEFORE THE MATCH. No worries, I have a badass Metagross. I owned just about all of her Pokemon using Metagross's Psychic. Not even an Ariados's Scary Face could stop my Blaziken. Onwards...

Off to Pewter City through the Diglett Cave, but apparently I don't use a PokeFlute anymore. Gah, RBY/GSC is wired into my head! I get the second radio card and then proceed to wake up the Snorlax. Didn't catch it the first time, derp. Second try worked out using two Ultra balls.

Edits
10/3: Arrived in Pewter. Defeated Brock using an underleveled Nidoking's Surf. Yup.
10/7: Cleared Viridian Forest- scratch that. Nidoking died near the end when I wasn't paying attention closely. I couldn't use Fly, so I backtracked to Pewter. Nice going, hero. I'm making my way to Cinnabar.

● party
257.png
Lilith the Blaziken - Level 60
376.png
Gaige the Metagross - Level 58
334.png
Salvador the Altaria - Level 54
34.png
Roland the Nidoking - Level 40

● storage
152.png
194.png
Scooter the Wooper - Level 6
74.png
Marcus the Geodude - Level 14
359.png
Zero the Absol - Level 56​

Last edited:

masoncasey1

Yay Caterpie!
Years
Username: masoncasey1
Game: Soul Silver
Team:
Forretress Psycho
Skiploom Gunzerker
Heracross Berserker
Pidgeot Hunter
I decided to turn this into a flying monotype since I love my two Pokemon and they are flying...sorry

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years

● information
Badges: 15

● journal entry
I powered on the game and found myself surfing towards Cinnabar. My team had no problem washing out the trainers in Blaine's make-shift gym.

Blaine himself managed to knock down Nidoking. I can't say I'm concerned when I have a short dragon and two lovely ladies.. right? Nidoking crushed Magcargo and lost to Magmar. Altaria took care of Magmar, but was paralyzed by ThunderPunch in the process. Blaziken will have to deal with Rapidash... Or maybe not! I wouldn't want Bounce to harm her. I switch out and bring in Metagross, who later failed in tanking one Overheat. I used Altaria, who cured itself from paralysis with his ability yet ended up paralyzed again. I had fun using Fly on turns Blaine ordered Bounce. He started using Quick Attack, that smart AI. I prevailed with Dragon Pulse.

● party
257.png
Lilith the Blaziken - Level 60
376.png
Gaige the Metagross - Level 59
334.png
Salvador the Altaria - Level 55
34.png
Roland the Nidoking - Level 52

● storage
152.png
194.png
Scooter the Wooper - Level 6
74.png
Marcus the Geodude - Level 14
359.png
Zero the Absol - Level 56​

Years
Sign-Up Form
Username: pokemonmanta
Game: soulsilver

Team:
ampharos as the soldier
Togekiss as the hunter
magnemite as the mechromancer
umbreon as the commando

this sounds extremely fun can't wait to start. :D

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years

● information
Badges: 16

● journal entry
Awahhh this can't be happening, I never posted my battle over the 16th badge. :')

The puzzle was a greater obstacle... Altaria died after the second trainer battle, so I had to backtrack to the Pokemon Center.

As for the Gym Leader match, Lilith OHKO'd Exeggutor. My Metagross almost 3OHKO'd Gyarados but it survived with a bit of health and healed the next turn. Blue wisened up, switched out to Arcanine, but failed. My Bullet Punch being the finishing blow. Blue sent out Rhydon, who knocked out my Altaria. Nidoking revenge OHKO'd. Gyarados didn't go down easily and had healed a second time. Bullet Punch helped me get the killing blow, again. Lilith easily OHKO'd Machamp. Pidgeot was the final Pokemon, but I wasn't worried about its Normal/Flying moves. Pidgeot couldn't budge past Nidoking, so I used a Full Restore on Metagross, and Pidgeot used whirlwind and brought in my fully healed Metagross, aw thanks! Metagross OHKO'd Pidgeot. :3

I don't know if I'll ever be ready to face a powered up Lance... Arghh someone ought to complete this challenge, though.

● party
257.png
Lilith the Blaziken - Level 61
376.png
Gaige the Metagross - Level 59
334.png
Salvador the Altaria - Level 55
34.png
Roland the Nidoking - Level 54

● storage
152.png