• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Real working pokemon mmorpg

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Years
The client is written in visual basic using directx for graphics, and the server is also written in visual basic at the moment but I will remake the server in either java or c++ (the current server has to much problems). :P

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
actually from my research yesterday searching google for the term "pokemon mmorpg" i got like 30 odd pages of results i went to each website there is not 1 working pokemon mmorpg out there lol there are a few in so called "development" but either their progress bar to beta isnt coming along or the project is disbanded

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
yes it can and it can use any other kind of .bmp file aswell

as forchipsets rather than 1 chipset for the whole game it uses smaller chipsets for seperate maps (a, makes it run faster b, makes maps file sizes smaller to)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Looks like you've made a great start. I'll be looking forward to this thing's progress.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
I love you, I have seen soooo many mmorpgs fall apart its kinda hard for me to get excited about it anymore oh btw the only two mmorpg projects for pokemon being made that I know of all have problems, theres the 3d morpg thats bein coded by a guy named Mantis, this one is gonna take a looong time to finish though because theyre tryna make it 3d cell shaded. The project that youre talkin about with the status bar stuck at like 88 percent that was all a scam to get people to donate money. The last one that I know of is by a memeber here named Robbie I havnt seen anything from him in a while but I dont know if he quit or has just been quiet. Im actually on the development team for the 3d mmorpg i came up with the teams movesets and strategies for every gym leader (they have all regions + orange islands), elite 4 memeber, and NCP player most all of the things I came up with had to be original. But anyway yeah good luck on your project and please please keep it goin dont quit

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Yes i know about Ekaiyo the 3d one cell shaded ittle be a Looong time till it comes out and oh i see about that hoax lol quite funny and sad lol well yer this isnt a hoax as we have photos :D and bsides you all know i program any way so theres no reason for it to be a hoax XD

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
I have fatih in you for some reason, I dont know you but you seem adamant about completing this let me know if you need help with this my specialty is movesets and strategies, in other words I make your NPC's kick ***

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
LOL since we posted this topic about hmm 1 houer ago XD ive had like 10 people apply for jobs were allsorted for resources i got tilesets sprites a good mate dark dragon working on some stuff for us
im working on the battle system tech docs and a demo now :)

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Sorry for double posting
This file is a breif outline of how the battle system will run you can expect it to look just like pokemons battle system with all the attack animations and monsters just the same

Back