• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advanced Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
i inserted the script that you have in tutorial

#org 0x800000
applymovement 0x3 0x800100
pause 0x30
end

#org 0x800100
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xFE

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
i inserted the script that you have in tutorial

#org 0x800000
applymovement 0x3 0x800100
pause 0x30
end

#org 0x800100
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x8
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xFE

The event with "People's number" 3 should move.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
I'm using a rom that's us-pokemon firered....
i'm wondering if someone can write me a script?...
i need it as an example...
I need a trainer.....rocket grunt preferably
i need him/he to battle me
in my new city
Battle city
the city's offset is $71CC08
the trainer can have just one pokémon
please do this so i can use it in an example
position X:20 Y:20 for the events position and PM it to me please...

Please explain how to add events as I am having trouble understanding the scripting tutorial....please reply ASAP...

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
All you need is a trainerbattle command for this script. Put it in a script with the messages and edit the trainer's data with PET.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
but i don't understand how to do dis...even wit ur tut....please dumb it down for me or explain it differently...reply ASAP

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
but i don't understand how to do dis...even wit ur tut....please dumb it down for me or explain it differently...reply ASAP
Look. You've posted your question 3 times in two different threads! If Christos doesn't have the time to answer your question to the full extent then he doesn't! Badgering him and spamming up the forums doesn't help at all. Your question has been asked before as well so search before asking.
Oh. As you can see, we're not Insant Messaging each other. Proper grammar makes everything alot easier to understand and gives us a sense that, even if you're not trying to be, you're respectful to this forum and it's members.

Christos, this tutorial is great. It's really helping with everything but my little flag problem. Thank you for posting it.

Misty's Kyogre

|-|4+0P,
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2007
Wow, nice tutorial Christos.

You're the first one who's actually been able to explain those commands to me.

Keep it up =D

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
But I heard somewhere on this forum that the trainerbattle command for scripted didn't work properly...

Misty's Kyogre

|-|4+0P,
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2007
Okay, I'm still a newb at this, but is there a 'command' (I'm thinking computer programming XD) that makes a store clerk? What I mean is can I make a person who sells stuff without moving one of the ones already in the game.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
But I heard somewhere on this forum that the trainerbattle command for scripted didn't work properly...
You're right. In fact, it's in the archived Simple Questions thread. But I'm not gonna lead you on a wild goose chase and tell you to search. You put #raw 0x5C above the trainerbattle command. Like this:
Code:
#org 0x800000
#raw 0x5C
trainerbattle 0x00 0x1A 0x800100 0x800200 0x800300
end

#org 0x800100
= Let's battle
#org 0x800200
= I lost!
#org 0x800300
= We already battled!
zel so graciously told me that. It has been tested (in firered) and works. Without the #raw command, the script converts to jibberish when complied. Hope this helps!

P.S. Christos, if people start asking why their trainerbattle script doesn't work, you can use my example.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Okay the script works fine for me now
but there's another problem
whene i go to the script people move well but when i go back to the script people move again
her i will posta video that will explain much better then me click here

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Okay the script works fine for me now
but there's another problem
whene i go to the script people move well but when i go back to the script people move again
her i will posta video that will explain much better then me click here
Setting and checking flags would work. It'll stop your event from repeating. I'm actually having problems with flags right now so I really can't go into detail.

zak

xpert trainer
Years

love the tutorial christos thanks alot!

1 quik question,

#org 0x762000
message 0x762100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x762100
= DIIUUD!

is there anything rong with this script??
ive compiled it , saved it and stuf but in the game it doesent work i just get the little bleep noise and i cant add it with rubikon for somereason , any ideas???

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
love the tutorial christos thanks alot!

1 quik question,

#org 0x762000
message 0x762100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x762100
= DIIUUD!

is there anything rong with this script??
ive compiled it , saved it and stuf but in the game it doesent work i just get the little bleep noise and i cant add it with rubikon for somereason , any ideas???
I don't know what 'boxset 0x2' is.. try 'boxset 0x6'
And before your message, 'lock' the person and after your boxset 'release' it.
So:
Code:
#org 0x762000
lock
faceplayer 'Yeah, well.. when it's a person event.. Maybe you want it..
message 0x762100
boxset 0x2
release
end
'Maybe this space needs to be there..
#org 0x762100
= DIIUUD!
Don't blame me when this doesn't work.. I just start scripting XD

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2010
This script is fine.

#org 0x762000
message 0x762100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x762100

= DIIUUD!

You could ( not have to ) place faceplayer between #org and message, but it isn't always neccesary.

My question, I tried the trainerbattlescript ( with the #Raw 0x5C )
But i still am getting 'overflow error 6' or something ( diamondcutter )
Any idea?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
This is much needed tutorial! The only problem is I can't get the script to work. Here's what I did: I copied that Hi! example basic talking script you made and pasted it in Notepad. Then I saved it in a RBC format. I opened it with ScriptEd and compiled to the ROM. I set the offset for the Littleroot Town fat guy's script. Then I saved it and opened the ROM. But when I talk to him, all that happens is the bleep sound it makes when you talk to someone. There's no text box or anything.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Your ROM and RBC file must be in ScriptED/Diamond Cutter's folder with no spaces in the name.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Do you mean it has to be in the EliteMap folder? I copied ScriptEd and DiamondCutter and put them in the same folder as my ROM and script were.

EDIT: Yeah, I tried that and it worked, but the text was just a whole bunch of weird symbols that looked like a's.

Last edited:

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
You're right. In fact, it's in the archived Simple Questions thread. But I'm not gonna lead you on a wild goose chase and tell you to search. You put #raw 0x5C above the trainerbattle command. Like this:
Code:
#org 0x800000
#raw 0x5C
trainerbattle 0x00 0x1A 0x800100 0x800200 0x800300
end

#org 0x800100
= Let's battle
#org 0x800200
= I lost!
#org 0x800300
= We already battled!
zel so graciously told me that. It has been tested (in firered) and works. Without the #raw command, the script converts to jibberish when complied. Hope this helps!

P.S. Christos, if people start asking why their trainerbattle script doesn't work, you can use my example.

Thnx a lot! I've been wondering how to solve this prob for a while

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2010
My question, I tried the trainerbattlescript ( with the #Raw 0x5C )
But i am getting 'overflow error 6' or something ( diamondcutter )
Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back