• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Go to header in advance map then add a map script. Check a tutorial on this. Also the game has a special command to check for illegal pokemon so you should add that special as well.

What's illegal pokemon? Like a pokemon cheat in? Or a pokemon with a level way too high for where it's at? Also is that script ready written so I can just insert it in? Would I also have to set this map script for every single location or if I set it in one will it continue throughout?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
All locations
and the script is ready
basically an illegal pokemon is one with max stats or perfect ev/ivs and have moves they shohldnt learn. Checking for this is probably more important than checking for rare candies.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
#dynamic 0x800200

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem 0x44 0x5
if B_>> goto @cheated
end

#org @cheated
lock
end

Put it in the AM like said and inputted the RC cheat and got 100 still didn't freeze or do nothing. Is it the script?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Moving this to the ROM hacking forum since that's the more appropriate forum, though I'm not really sure that there's a really proper place to ask this.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
New Questions!

1) Is it possible to make a giveitem event but not have it show a message?
2) What are the other message types for the giveitem command? diesgoisawesome's XSE Tut only covers MSG_OBTAIN.
3) Again how do I use JPAN's Level Change hack? For Wild Battles. Do I have to make it a Level Script or a part of a Person, Script or Signpost Event? And also for Trainer Battles.

Thanks!

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years
Got another question guys,
I've used both unLZ & Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor to attempt to replace a Pokemon. I'm trying to replace Porygon, but each time after I write to the ROM, Porygon basically...becomes Surskit.

Trying to battle pokemon #137, givepokemon 0x137, and even showpokepic 0x137 ALL GIVE ME SURSKIT NOW. Anything to do with 0x137 is now Surskit.

Does anybody have any idea why Porygon becomes Surskit after I write my new image to the ROM in place of Porygon?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Got another question guys,
I've used both unLZ & Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor to attempt to replace a Pokemon. I'm trying to replace Porygon, but each time after I write to the ROM, Porygon basically...becomes Surskit.

Trying to battle pokemon #137, givepokemon 0x137, and even showpokepic 0x137 ALL GIVE ME SURSKIT NOW. Anything to do with 0x137 is now Surskit.

Does anybody have any idea why Porygon becomes Surskit after I write my new image to the ROM in place of Porygon?

You are confusing yourself with decimals and hex.
Porygon's decimal number is 137, but it's hex number is not 0x137.
Converting 0x137 to decimal, you'll get 311, which is Surskit's game number.
If you want to have a Porygon, use givepokemon 0x89, or simply givepokemon 137.
Note that if you'll use givepokemon 137, XSE will automatically convert it to its hex value when you compile it. So don't worry~

This is all assuming that Porygon's number is indeed 137.
I don't have access to checking it atm. =/

New Questions!

2) What are the other message types for the giveitem command? diesgoisawesome's XSE Tut only covers MSG_OBTAIN.
3) Again how do I use JPAN's Level Change hack? For Wild Battles. Do I have to make it a Level Script or a part of a Person, Script or Signpost Event? And also for Trainer Battles.

Thanks!

1. I am not sure, although it sounds possible, but then again, maybe it'll affect every giveitem script in the game.
2. So far, I only know of two: MSG_OBTAIN and MSG_FIND. MSG_FIND is commonly used for overworld pokeballs, where they disappear automatically, given if they have a flag ready to be set.
3. No idea about this one...

iYesith

Moderate Scripter(Expert Soon)
Years
Okay, I'm having a really hard time with var values and numbers for script boxes as any script box i place gets the game stuck, It'd be great if someone could explain it to me for pokescript scripts and advance map 1.95, Thanks in advance!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
All locations
and the script is ready
basically an illegal pokemon is one with max stats or perfect ev/ivs and have moves they shohldnt learn. Checking for this is probably more important than checking for rare candies.

Perfect IVs are possible with a lot of work, but the illegal moves would be a good thing to check for.

New Questions!

Thanks!

1) Yes. Look at the parameters for giveitem event and you will see that one of the tytpes doesn't show a mesage.
2) ^See there. The other types are just mesage types. They use the same mesage types as the msgbox commands, but a few will freeze the game so test them all to see which one you want.
3) It just has to be in a script that runs. When it runs is your choice. For the trainer battles, probably a map script so that it occurs before the battle could possibly begin.

Okay, I'm having a really hard time with var values and numbers for script boxes as any script box i place gets the game stuck, It'd be great if someone could explain it to me for pokescript scripts and advance map 1.95, Thanks in advance!

I litterally wrote this tutorial 3 days ago: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347 -_-

Don't use 1.95, it is an unfinished beta version. The only thing truely safe about it is the drawing tools. Creating and adjusting map sizes, using the block editor, saving, and most other things can be pretty buggy, so my advice to you, do everything except the drawing of the maps in 1.92. Only the actual drawing should be done in 1.95.

And for the love of God, don't use pokescipt. That is a script editor from 2006 that hasn't been updated since. Switch to XSE or PKSV. You will have to learn new syntax, but it will be much more effective.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
1) Yes. Look at the parameters for giveitem event and you will see that one of the tytpes doesn't show a mesage.
2) ^See there. The other types are just mesage types. They use the same mesage types as the msgbox commands, but a few will freeze the game so test them all to see which one you want.

So I test them by doing:
Code:
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x1
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x2
etc.
blah
blah
?

3) It just has to be in a script that runs. When it runs is your choice. For the trainer battles, probably a map script so that it occurs before the battle could possibly begin.

So for the wildbattle I can do:
Code:
setvar 0x4051 0x305

(Hmm... is that right?)
in a Level Script (Just for an example)

And for the Trainer Battle:
Code:
setvar 0x4052 0x305
trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later

Or something like that in a Person Event? (Again, just an example)

karatekid552

Years
So I test them by doing:
Code:
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x1
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x2
etc.
blah
blah
?

Yes.

So for the wildbattle I can do:
Code:
setvar 0x4051 0x305

(Hmm... is that right?)
in a Level Script (Just for an example)

And for the Trainer Battle:
Code:
setvar 0x4052 0x305
trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later

Or something like that in a Person Event? (Again, just an example)

I think so, let me go look at the documentation to make sure.

Edit: Yup, that should work.

Last edited:

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
maybe I have overlooked this but how do you get more then one support banner?
I figured out how to show one but to add more?

karatekid552

Years
maybe I have overlooked this but how do you get more then one support banner?
I figured out how to show one but to add more?

Set it up like this:

HTML:
[URL="PUT URL TO PAGE YOU WANT TO SUPPORT HERE"][img]PUT IMAGE URL FOR SUPPORT BANNER HERE[/img][/URL]

Do this for each banner you want when you edit your signiture.

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years
You are confusing yourself with decimals and hex.
Porygon's decimal number is 137, but it's hex number is not 0x137.
Converting 0x137 to decimal, you'll get 311, which is Surskit's game number.
If you want to have a Porygon, use givepokemon 0x89, or simply givepokemon 137.
Note that if you'll use givepokemon 137, XSE will automatically convert it to its hex value when you compile it. So don't worry~

This is all assuming that Porygon's number is indeed 137.
I don't have access to checking it atm. =/
THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT WORKED PERFECTLY

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
All locations
and the script is ready

#dynamic 0x800200

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem 0x44 0x5
if B_>> goto @cheated
end

#org @cheated
lock
end

Put it in the AM like said and inputted the RC cheat and got 100 still didn't freeze or do nothing. Is it the script?

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
Does anyone know how to change the look of the battle screen because i want it to look like platinum's
screen also i'm using Ruby

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Also does anyone know how to activate the Aurora ticket and mystery ticket I believe. I have it to where I receive them but how do I activate them?

What's a good trainer editor? Specifically for gym leaders? I currently use A-Trainer but whenever I change the gym leaders pokemon it'll swap each others or give them the same pokemon.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
OK!
How would I get an image to move around in the OAM and how exactly would I set the coordinates for it to move?
I disassembled this:
Code:
.text
.align 4
.arm
.arm_func
.global ARMroutinefromBITS2004

Main:
mov r0, #0x80000000
mov r1, #0x30000000
ldr r2, .offsetone
mov r2, r2, lsr #0x02
bl thingyone

thingyone:
stmfd sp!, {r0-r3,lr}
cmps r0, #0x0
beq thingytwo
ands r3, r0, #0x3
bne thingytwo
cmps r1, #0x0
beq thingytwo
ands r3, r1, #0x3
bne thingytwo
cmps r2, #0x0
beq thingytwo

thingythree:
ldr r3, [r0], #0x4
str r3, [r1], #0x4
subs r2, r2, #0x1
bne thingythree

thingytwo:

.align 4
.offsetone:
	.word 0x00003764

From a ROM and It basically counts down as you can see and until it's 0 It shows these stars just going around the screen, but It's from the OAM. How could I do this?Plus it's in ARM, so I have NO clue as to who will be able to help, but I'm just requesting some info on it.

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Also does anyone know how to activate the Aurora ticket and mystery ticket I believe. I have it to where I receive them but how do I activate them?

What's a good trainer editor? Specifically for gym leaders? I currently use A-Trainer but whenever I change the gym leaders pokemon it'll swap each others or give them the same pokemon.

I second that. PET or A-trainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back