• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English release date! Revealed!

blue

gucci
Years
When do you guys think an official release date will be announced anyways? Wasn't BW's announced around January or so?

I think it will be before the release in Japan so sometime in early June I'd say, if not then just shortly after I mean it's only 3/4 months away for our release so I can't see them holding out much longer.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I still got my bets on anywhere from late September to mid October. Everything is pointing towards around that date.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well September and October all generally seen as the main months of Fall, usually nothing comes out in the last month of a season so it's reasonable to assume it'll be around those months.

blue

gucci
Years
how many months apart was the BW japan release from the BW american release?

The US & European release dates are branded as "Fall 2012" so that could be anywhere between September - November, I'm putting money on October or late September so 3-5 months later.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I god, I forgot it was 2012 this year lol I was like Sept-Nov 2012?!?!? Why can't it... Oh wait lol blonde moment I guess.

Anyway I sure wish It was I little sooner. I would have liked it if it was end of the June, like I thought it was

blue

gucci
Years
I god, I forgot it was 2012 this year lol I was like Sept-Nov 2012?!?!? Why can't it... Oh wait lol blonde moment I guess.

Anyway I sure wish It was I little sooner. I would have liked it if it was end of the June, like I thought it was

We're lucky it's Autumn 2012, it's usually 5-7 months for the translation to be complete which would mean a 2013 release at the latest, the gap is much smaller which is great IMO.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

We're lucky it's Autumn 2012, it's usually 5-7 months for the translation to be complete which would mean a 2013 release at the latest, the gap is much smaller which is great IMO.

I cannot agree more, people who are saying that Japan are spoilt because they get B2/W2 a few months early really annoy me. Because we are still getting it relatively quickly. Anyway, I'd love it if they released it during the school holidays so that I can play it non-stop. My school work took a bad enough drop when B/W was released.

Years
Don't really want much of a time difference between the releases, tbh. Like really, having to wait six days after the original B/W release was hard enough. I feel like, it'll probably be two days between each country, so effectively we'd have an Australian release four days after which'll be great. :3 I'm sure they'll favour UK though, again. :(

When I first read on Bulbapedia, they incorrectly stated the Australian release date as Spring 2013. They've since corrected it.

My guess is Europe will be the first of the EU/US/AUS trio to get the games. Australians will probably come last again (we got Black & White 4 days after the Americans)

blue

gucci
Years
I agree, I think it will follow like Black & White did, Europe first, shortly followed by America then just after will be Australia.. that's how I'm hoping anyway!

Years
At the latest we will have the game 5 months after if November, at earliest 3 if september so those dates aren't that far away from now.
I'm hoping for an early September release to shorten the gap even more.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My money's on it coming out right before Christmas like a week before or so, since that's technically still Autumn.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Late October / early November makes sense to me (if it is truly Autumn - don't know why some people seem to think December is an Autumn month :\) since it's smart-timing for xmas. Not that they'll need that, it'll most likely get good sales anyway, but still.

I'd hope it was before then, though, I can't wait!

Years
^ 21 to 22 days of December are in Autumn technically seeing how the Winter solstice (the official start of winter) isn't until the 21 or 22. Though marketing wise it proably means September (which is technically a summer month ) to November.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My money's on it coming out right before Christmas like a week before or so, since that's technically still Autumn.

Might be a little too soon. I think Santa puts together his presents at least up to 3 weeks before, which gives children time to write letters and stuff before the day comes. One week is just too soon imo.

The site linked on PokeCommunity's front page says "In stock Oct, 2012" so I'm assuming probably early October.

Yeah but that's a placeholder name so it may not be anywhere near there. ;x

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
^ 21 to 22 days of December are in Autumn technically seeing how the Winter solstice (the official start of winter) isn't until the 21 or 22. Though marketing wise it proably means September (which is technically a summer month ) to November.

Yeah but... I'm still not buying it haha. December's winter to me. And I can't imagine a company saying "Autumn release" and then releasing it in December 'cause most people, like me, would be like :? To me winter is December, January, February, and autumn is September, October, November. Again, I can't see many people thinking of September as a truly summer month. Certainly isn't anything like summer here anyway haha.

But that's marginally off-topic. I thought I'd read somewhere yesterday (after initially posting in here) that it was the 15th of October in the UK, but I cannot for the life of me find where I saw that.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2012
I bet 15th for the UK and 20th here. It seems we got BW 1 and the 3DS after the UK so maybe...or it could be the reverse this time.

Back