• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

...Pikachu's Weight Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
...Pikachu, you were so fat...
What's your secret?

tumblr_lc3rjiOznp1qdhmifo1_500.png

^i also found a neat picture about it, not by me^

so, why do you think he lost so much weight?
all that training?
or maybe there is a Jenny Craig in the pokemon world?

Years
I think it's just a change in the art style. The chubby one was Ken Sugomori's first artwork of Pikachu, I believe. It's actually true even for the concept art which has been changing over time.

I prefer the slimmer version though.

zlip

______
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
to tell all us fat americans to get thin and heathly like pikachu lol

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
I think it was the same reason as why ash's voice changed. The people from the first 2-3 generations got fired and then had to change everything

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I agree with Regeneration. It's possible that Sugimori wanted to change his style in the shift of Gen II to Gen III, so Pikachu was one of those changes.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I guess it's the change in artwork like Regeneration mentioned. But I also think that he basically battles too much. xD

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
Artwork change? Or maybe its sending America a message.........

offtopic: the pikachu plushie is still as fat as ever lol

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Obviously, Pikachu ingested some of May's slim fast after realizing that anorexia during Jotho didn't work out. It's a popular theory that May drinks slim fast every day. Don't ask.

Oh yes, I was just trolling, because animators apparently don't have the right to change the way they draw. >__>

Years
You see, Ash's original Pikachu died long ago. Luckily, Ash's mother was the first to see this tragic sight. Ash's mother was now faced with the choice of either explaining the concept of death to her precious 10 year-old son or replacing it with a new Pikachu. She chose the latter; only to protect her child.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Is this turning into a pun thread now...?

Well, like regeneration said - The artwork just changed after a period of time, it's the same for quite a lot of other pokémon, the spots on venusaurs back change colour or number every generation (well the sprites)

I find the chubby pikachu more cute and mouse like though.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
The battles featured in "Electric Shock Showdown" was probably the workout of Pikachu's life. Later on, the matches "Pika and Goliath" helped keep Pikachu's weight in check. :cer_laugh:

But yeah, slimmer version is more suitable for Pikachu IMO, though chubby version does have its benefits of cuteness. But yeah, as mentioned before, Pikachu basically battles too much. >_>

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
LOL, just imagine if they used pikachu in workout advertisements. I'd try THAT workout! XD

... But yeah, it's just a change of art style.
In the future please read the prior posts before posting. As this topic has not been posted in since February of last year. If you wish to discuss this topic you can create a thread on this for yourself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back