• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Thread Rules

• This thread is strictly for Fifth Generation questions [*]No posting or discussing ROMs [*]No posts asking for battles or trades [*]No "Team Help" requests. [*]You may ask for Action Replay codes here
[a id]General Information[/a id]

Quick Questions

Do you need help with the games? Ask here! I'm sure most of you can help each other out as you play through the games. This thread is also for any questions relating to the Dream World, so ask your questions here instead of making a thread in the actual forum. If you want, you are allowed to repost your questions from the last thread. As a note, if you want to know how well a Pokemon fares in battle, how to make a Pokemon the best it can be, or how to design a nice team, then that best fits in In-Game Team Help's Team.

Helpful Links

• Do you need team help? Ask for it here. However, you can ask for very basic/simple in-game (non-competitive) team help here if you don't have enough information to post in the In-Game Team Help subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Gamestop Event - Meloetta ...

I bought a 3DS and gave Pokemon Y a shot. I liked it so much I bought Pokemon Black and Black 2. A neighbor told me I can't get Keldeo from the games themselves. He said Keldeo was one of a few that was given as a Gamestop Event only ... but he knew someone who was selling a Gamestop Keldeo Event cartridge.

Before I buy it, I have a few questions that my neighbor wasn't sure about. Hopefully someone here can help out ... Is it still something that can be used? Do I need any special equipment? Am I limited on how many Keldeos I can obtain through the cartridge? Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
Egg EV Train and Wild Pokemon EV Train

Hello PC,
I was wondering I have been into ev training etc and will a Pokemon be more powerfull if you EV train it from the moment it hatches from its egg instead of a wild pokemon.
I dont know if its coincedence but my egg hatched ev trained pokemon are stronger than the rest.
Thanks in advance,
Declan

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
They are pretty much the same. Both freshly caught and freshly hatched pokemon have 0 EVs at the time you get them. The only benefit of hatching them instead of catching them wild is that if you know how to IV breed then you can get good IVs and overall a stronger pokemon. Plus you can get the nature and ability you want for your pokemon

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
when do i start getting people that want to open up a nursery in the join avenue?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 4, 2014
how do i get online [black2]

Nooby question but for the life of me I can't get it working, I have completed black 2 and tried to deposit pokemon, it then says this pokemon can't be traded so then go onto searching for a pokemon and getting none found. So thinking it may be a internet setting? I have checked the estore and can't seem to find any updates, help please ?! Would like to resolve this issue to be able to use the poke bank when its released :( thanks in advance!

Oh and I can get online on pokemon x fine so it's not my internet :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 4, 2014
Thanks but its started happening since before the store error just didn't think anything of It at the time, really have no idea what it could be :/

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
so i just started playing white 2. what cool pokemon can look foward to getting in this game. like legendaries and such.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
so i just started playing white 2. what cool pokemon can look foward to getting in this game. like legendaries and such.

Heatran, Lati@s, Kyurem, Reshiram, the musketeer trio and the lake trio are the obtainable legendaries in-game.

Notable non-legendaries include the Riolu line, the Azurill line, the Eeveelutions, the Solosis line, the Magnemite line, any Pokemon with a useful Hidden/Dream World Ability (Sheer Force Nidoking, Technician Breloom, Moxie Salamence, etc.).

Look here for your opinion (note that this lists Pokemon available pre-National Dex)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
awesome i think i am going to wander w2 and get everything i can until the pokebank comes out. Thanks for the great info.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
is there a trick to catching the legendaries in this game i fought forever on virizion and ended up fainting it like 30 times before giving up.

Years
is there a trick to catching the legendaries in this game i fought forever on virizion and ended up fainting it like 30 times before giving up.

Well, based on videos I saw on YouTube (notably Marriland since I follow his videos a lot) a good trick to catching Virizion, or in fact Legendaries in general is to make sure you're stocked up on Ultra Balls, and also Dusk Balls since the latter comes in handy when it's night. Another strategy you can try at first is saving before you battle it, throw a Quick Ball and hope it gets caught. If it doesn't, you could just reset and try again.

Also, some people may catch it in more or less balls than some others did due to a hidden random number. Thankfully it can be reset if you are having trouble catching it. Also, using a Pokemon that resists its attacks is another good strategy, as well as using False Swipe which ensures you won't knock the Pokemon out.

Anyways, good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
ok i just got some quicks balls for next time

Where can i find the Electrinizer to evolve my electabuzz

Last edited:
Years
And while not fully relevant to the subject at hand, one other note on the legendary trio in BW2 (Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion) is that if you knock them out before beating the game (or after then for that matter), after you beat Iris they respawn at Level 65 instead of 45. Which is pretty nice, and in his videos he recommended that if you don't plan to use them. And if you have a Ghost-type, that is perfect at that point, because then their only means of attack is Sacred Sword. That was what I did in my main White 2 game, I knocked them out then came back for them in the post-game.

And speaking of Marriland, he said this in his video, but at that point their nature/IVs will NOT be set. In fact, I got me a Jolly Terrakion with 31 Attack/Speed almost ready to rock and roll, pretty neat.

1stOfSeptember

The Oncoming Storm
Years
I recently started playing Pokemon again because of Pokemon X. Upon hearing that you can actually move older Generation Pokemon from Gen 3 to 5 into Gen 6 I decided to start buy both Ruby and Platinum.

I just now found out that there's this super cute Pokemon called Meloetta... And from what I've heard... I can't get this one anymore unless I got it through some event from Gamestop?

Is there still a way for me to get this Pokemon or am I just out of luck? I've already beaten Ruby, Platinum, and X and just started Black. I'm pretty sad now that I can't get my own Meloetta...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I recently started playing Pokemon again because of Pokemon X. Upon hearing that you can actually move older Generation Pokemon from Gen 3 to 5 into Gen 6 I decided to start buy both Ruby and Platinum.

I just now found out that there's this super cute Pokemon called Meloetta... And from what I've heard... I can't get this one anymore unless I got it through some event from Gamestop?

Is there still a way for me to get this Pokemon or am I just out of luck? I've already beaten Ruby, Platinum, and X and just started Black. I'm pretty sad now that I can't get my own Meloetta...

You're out of luck. Meloetta was distributed in Gen V a long time ago, but that distribution is over now. Ask in the Trade Center for one, or try your luck in Wonder Trade/GTS in X/Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back