• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
No, no, I get that, I listed 4 IVs were from 1 parent and 2 were from the second,
Only five IV's are passed down from the parents, then the sixth one is randomly generated between 0 and 31, you got really lucky :)

So i was reading about breeding and how I can do it to have a good competitive team...

So i need a female with a good nature first, her IV's dont matter.

Then a ditto with good IV's. And just breed them?

But can I combine the multiple dittos that i have's IV's to make a perfect pokemon, somehow?

Are abilities really that important when breeding? And if the mother doesnt have the nature that i need, and i dont give her the nature passing down item, will the eggs have all different natures themselves, with their fathers (Ditto's) IVs?

So confused! :(

I would give this a read, talks you through all the details :)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-perfect-pokemon-in-pokemon-x-y.3490432/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
We have a new Q&A thread right over here, so I'm locking this one. If there are any questions left unanswered, then please re-post them there. Thank-you, guys!

Thread locked.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
are odds on a HA in friend safari less than 1% or is it just me?

Ive simple beamed over 300 cacturne in friend safari, ive been at it for hours on end and still no hidden ability, does anyone know the odds of finding a hidden ability or am I just having extremely bad luck.

Years
I think you're just having bad luck, some people might not find hidden abilities as much as others but in the end it's all down to hidden luck. Keep at it and I'm sure you can get that hidden ability Pokemon soon!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Ive simple beamed over 300 cacturne in friend safari, ive been at it for hours on end and still no hidden ability, does anyone know the odds of finding a hidden ability or am I just having extremely bad luck.

Make sure you have all three Pokemon unlocked for the Safari. For this you need to have been online with the friend or something like that. They also need to have beaten the Elite 4 if I recall correctly.

Years
Make sure you have all three Pokemon unlocked for the Safari. For this you need to have been online with the friend or something like that. They also need to have beaten the Elite 4 if I recall correctly.

In addition to what he said, you need to have been online at the same time at least once. You don't have to both be online all the time to get the third Pokemon and hidden abilities, you just need to do it once so the game recognizes that friend as one who beat the Elite Four. Good luck!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014

ah are you kidding me? Ive been doing this for a while and I never knew we had to sync online to get the hidden abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back