• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet Version v1.0

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
zsa6973.png

Hack name: Pokémon Sweet Version
Hack of: Pokémon FireRed US Version 1.0 ROM
Language: English

Reminder: When you play this game in VBA make sure to change the emulator's save settings to Flash 128k or you can't save!

hEqF3hk.png

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Kanto turned into Candyland?...THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?!"

aNvbQxQ.png

Welcome to Pokémon Sweet Version, where battles are carried out with the power of dessert! Travel through a confectionate wonderland that resembles Kanto but is quite different, as those who explore will soon discover! Capture 151 candified Pokémon and fill up the pages of your Cookbook! We've spared no expense in making the experience unique, which is why there is a brand-new type chart consisting of twelve flavors of ice cream. (Apple is totally a flavor of ice cream.) And if you're sick of Kanto, you'll be pleased to know this is totally not Kanto, no matter how much it seems to be. As the world is designed to reward exploration, there's something waiting in every map that may not have been there before, whether it's a cleverly hidden item or a dreadfully bad pun. (We have plenty of those.) The PokéSweets themselves are as delicious as they look, and they look good enough to eat!

Features:

- Brand-new type chart with 12 types (Note: there is no physical/special split)
- 151 PokéSweets to capture (no trading necessary)
- PokéSweets are based on Pokémon from all five generations (plus three from Gen 6)
- Kanto has been dessertified (this is now a word)
- Most trainer battles are Double battles
- 50% more enjoyable than Fire Red
- Two rivals...okay, three, but the third guy's lame.
- Capture PokéSweets or craft them from berries
- Two factions looking to steal your sweetrolls
- New music in many areas
- Re-match the gym leaders as much as you like

Valentine's Day 1.0 Update
Spoiler:

Screenshots:

r2HKQdA.png
9jRTwbI.png
g1jBe9l.png

0OsN2z2.png
FvgRJJY.png
1W64Sbc.png

eXCsiQA.png
OqHMwK6.png
rxEqCxO.png

Cu2agQb.png
7JLjbmv.png
eGQkcxq.png

zDWJUtE.png
nICRXm6.png
yOofZal.png

dS7xAUf.png
kQ6iXWZ.png
XSsVtqW.png

Credits:

This hack is a collab effort of Ephraim225 and Channini of DeviantArt, check us out! Especially Channini. She's amazing.

EDIT:Hey all, I finally got around to making that type chart I should have made ages ago, but here you go:

Spoiler:

Hm, maybe I'll look more interesting if I list the tools and stuff I used...

Spoiler:

I had initially planned to wait until Channini finished up a few more graphics but I went ahead and decided to release this. I've been keeping it unreleased for too long, I feel. So, since we plan to add more in the future along with any bugfixes, it's a "Beta" for now.

DOWNLOADS:
Download link for v1.0 (apply patch to a clean Fire Red 1.0 ROM!)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f4g8t6p3a64hcrv/PokeSweets_v1.0.ips
Download link for old beta version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69192380/PokeSweets.ips

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
This version is sweet, would you mind tell us when the beta ends before we test it?
Or maybe it's finished and all that is missing is more graphics?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Since this game is about candified Pokemon, are the Swirlix, Vanillite, and Exeggcute lines catchable?

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
This version is sweet, would you mind tell us when the beta ends before we test it?
Or maybe it's finished and all that is missing is more graphics?

It's finished, I'm only waiting on some improved graphics for some of the Pokemon.

Since this game is about candified Pokemon, are the Swirlix, Vanillite, and Exeggcute lines catchable?

Swirlix and Vanillite, yes. Exeggcute, nope.

I am sad I did not include Cherrim. :(

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Hmmm.. This is a new one.

Mixing pokemon with sweets?.. I like the way you think. Keep up the awesome work.

(p.s.: some palettes need some tweaking.)

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
The new pokemon names are great (I really lol'd at Smorelax). Brilliant concept. On a side note I'm hungry from reading this lolz. Definitely going to play this.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Candy... I'm so hungry that I just got a Hershey and started eating it... Nice work! Will be back to post soon but those names are pure genius!

Years
This may or may not be my new most favorite hack. Seriously. Words cannot describe how much I love your whole concept and hack. So far I have three whole badges :o Anyways, thank you for this miracle of a game, and I look forward to any future updates.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
It takes some time to learn the weakness and resistance of the sweets... Thanks a bunch for making me hungry as I play the game. So many spoils to eat.... I just love Cupvee and nice way to change the poisoning to hunger... It makes so much sense... So yummy.... Love this hack!

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
Years
I really like this game so far. It's very creative. Milk for water, Ice Cream for trees, and browniesaur. All the new sprites look nice, and are creative. Kanto defiantly is worth playing through again with these new tiles. The game just looks great. Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2016
Ive just started the game and i love it! I was surprised at how easily i caught "Licorita" and i will give you the benefit of the doubt with "Creampuff" as i dont think anything else would have fit.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
I like this game already.. :D.. but.. the palette needs some changing, it kinda hurts the eye.. anyways.. I'm so gonna play this

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
Wow, the Candy Kingdom in a Pokemon world... it's so......................Yummy,{XD}

But I agree Dxys & jan2prado, the palette Need some Work, Dude

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2020
How evolve pokes? My licorita is at level 18 and still doesn`t evolve...

Back