• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I can't imagine them offering two separate color schemes for the game - they picked the colors for a reason, right?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I can't imagine them offering two separate color schemes for the game - they picked the colors for a reason, right?
I prefer it how it is already. I think it's plenty colourful at times, when it needs to be.

But people seem to complain about it being brown and CoD-like

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I prefer it how it is already. I think it's plenty colourful at times, when it needs to be.

But people seem to complain about it being brown and CoD-like
Exactly. The poison fog of Faron Woods, the blue skies, the amazing lava of the mines, god I can go on and on. Only thing it really needs is a better grass texture and its perfect.

Wow, Radiant Historia for under 20 Euros even with other games? That's an incredible find.
I didn't even know of the mark up it had in collector circles until yesterday. Bought it just with knowledge of it being a good game, and that's it. And yeah, anything DS, Wii, or PS2 is dirt cheap, and you can find just about anything in the used game section. PS3 and PC are the only ones which have value here, as the used game market is limited to one mega chain store for electronics. Over the last months the stuff I've picked up are:
Wario Land: Shake Dimension!
Mad World
No More Heroes
Dragon Quest V
Final Fantasy 4
Zak and Wiki
RE4: Wii Edition
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Mass Attack
Pandora's Tower

As you can see, I've been od'ing on kirby. :D

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I beat Luigi's Mansion today. That last 3 bosses are really interesting and different... but very annoying to repeat when you loose.

Still, one of the better games on 3DS.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I beat Luigi's Mansion today. That last 3 bosses are really interesting and different... but very annoying to repeat when you loose.

Still, one of the better games on 3DS.
It's a bit bloated and definitely could use more polish, but I agree. It's only behind Kid Icarus and A Link Between Worlds for me.

Though I'm not sure how Luigi's Mansion on the GCN, which was rushed, offered a tighter experience than 2 did, which had a development time of a whooping 3 years. But whatever, LM1 was really repetitive with its objectives and didn't offer as strong of a level design as 2 did.

Can't wait to see what Next Level Games are gonna offer next. Between Mario Strikers and Punch Out (their best game), they're a very talented studio for Nintendo. Give them Wario Land!

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I also loved Kid Icarus Uprising. Hope I don't have to wait another 25 years for another...

Luigi's Mansion 2 also fixed the element system. The original had this wierd system of collecting fire and water to solve puzzles. in LM2, you just vacuum a bucket and fill it with water, or a log and set it on fire. A small change, but it makes the idea feel more complete.

I thought the mission system was a bad idea at first, and then Changed my mind near the end. The mission system made the game better.

I, for a brief moment, was hoping Mario would tag-team The final Boss with me - it seems kind of strange that they would reuse the same idea from the first game, but not reveal it until the last couple of levels.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I find Kid Icarus: Uprising to be very addictive; have finished it for about three different times so far. Would love it if they were to ever release a sequel!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Luigi's Mansion 2 also fixed the element system. The original had this wierd system of collecting fire and water to solve puzzles. in LM2, you just vacuum a bucket and fill it with water, or a log and set it on fire. A small change, but it makes the idea feel more complete.

Hmm... I dunno. The way it was in the first game made it feel more like a power-up to me, which I liked.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I find Kid Icarus: Uprising to be very addictive; have finished it for about three different times so far. Would love it if they were to ever release a sequel!
Yeah, KI:U is great. It was my first 3DS game back when it was a struggling system, and I remember Kid Icarus being the light that showed potential for what would be the great modern day 3DS and the evergrowing library that it has. And, for being one of the earliest 3DS titles, it was really unique and was very smart with its delivery (and hilarious), easily still one of my favorite 3DS games.

As for a sequel, Sakurai said that it's unlikely. It's not that it did badly, it did well, but it's because the game, by nature, is the sort of one-off modern callback title that it wanted to be. It brought back all of the NES enemies and made metajokes both about the game now and the game back then, and it had a very self-contained story that opened and closed the book. And I really don't mind that, because it's a fantastic game that really does stand well on its own.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Helps that the game is just really deep and offers so much content. Two years and I'm still playing it.

I'm OK with not getting a sequel as well.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
On Kid Icarus.... Do you play with the plastic stand that comes with the game or not?

I have never played the game without it, have trouble controlling it with just my hands.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I need to pick up Kid Icarus. I dunno if I can find it in many places, but it was something I wanted to get for the 3DS and unfortunately was too late to get while most shops sold it. I think Amazon was sold out last I checked.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I'm really on the fence if I ever want to play KI:U or not

The best thing I can say about KI:U - Each level has Air and ground sections keeps the gameplay interesting. And... The Difficultly can be increased on EVERY level from 1.1 to 9.0 - Yes you can scale up the difficulty by decimal points to find a level of challenge you like most. Higher Difficulty yields better and more rewards.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
On Kid Icarus.... Do you play with the plastic stand that comes with the game or not?

I have never played the game without it, have trouble controlling it with just my hands.
OG 3DS, no stands.

Never had a problem, I adjusted to it quickly. I have strong hands though so meh.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I need to pick up Kid Icarus. I dunno if I can find it in many places, but it was something I wanted to get for the 3DS and unfortunately was too late to get while most shops sold it. I think Amazon was sold out last I checked.

There's gazillion copies of it in my local GameStop store (on display, anyway), haha. It's too bad that not much people are usually seen buying them.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
There's gazillion copies of it in my local GameStop store (on display, anyway), haha. It's too bad that not much people are usually seen buying them.

Can you get me a copy? I'll pay you back someday. ;)

I love GameStop's used DS section. I've gotten some AWESOME scores for very cheap from those little bins/glass cabinets. Advance Warfare: Days of Ruin, Kirby: Superstar Saga, Phoenix Wright (the original, which was the only one I was missing), and a few others!

Years
Can you get me a copy? I'll pay you back someday. ;)

I love GameStop's used DS section. I've gotten some AWESOME scores for very cheap from those little bins/glass cabinets. Advance Warfare: Days of Ruin, Kirby: Superstar Saga, Phoenix Wright (the original, which was the only one I was missing), and a few others!

Unfortunately for me, my local Gamestop store almost never has anything really good that I don't already have. :(

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Unfortunately for me, my local Gamestop store almost never has anything really good that I don't already have. :(

Aw. :(

The GameStops in San Francisco had everything good, which was interesting. I found more unique games up there than I ever found here in Los Angeles, except back in the day when they used to also sell NES/SNES/N64 games. Back then...those were the glory days of gaming. I wish I could go back to buy all the games I ever wanted for the old systems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back