• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Hello Pokecommunity I am here to present to you guys something ive been working on for a long time and that would be the 1460 Fire red Rombase i know that i havent contributed to this community so i thought go big or go home and so inspires my 1460 Base

Features
Spoiler:

Bugs
Spoiler:

1460 base Downloads:

1020 base Downloads

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Changelog for the 1020 base
Spoiler:

Link to the installation guide: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9320837&postcount=470

Credits
Spoiler:

Progress:99%(this is for 1020 version)(1460 version still at 92%)

Stuff i will add in later and that i need to do
Spoiler:

INI's for the 1460 version

G3HS
Spoiler:

PGE (note that you have to have it named the same as whatever you called your rom and it must be in the same place as your rom as well)
Spoiler:

INI's for the 1020 version

HERES THE 1020 INI's

G3HS
Spoiler:

PGE(make sure to name this the same as your rom and put it in the same place as your rom)
Spoiler:

Tools used: HxD,FSF,VBA,Calculator,NotePad,G3HS,PGE,Sappy,A-Map 1.9.2,A-series,NUPS Patcher

Last edited:

ElijahCabugao

Metagross's Metagrossite is reacting to Elijah's M
Years
Dude, I just downloaded the first beta... WOW 1460 Pokedex??? man this one rocks... I definitely use this when it is done... Good luck on stuff you will be adding in the next beta especially Mega Evolution and the cries... Just two questions. (So some pokemons dont have their evolutions yet?) (Will you plan to add forms/formes?)

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Amazing man! Can't wait to have the mega evo in it! I'll probably use this one, since many of the bug present in the other patches are fixed here :)

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I didn't add the evolutions yet only because I'm still awaiting on how to do this part

Okay hello there Pokecommunity I'm trying to insert new evolutions for my base and I keep getting stuck at step 2

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Once you are done assemble the .asm file and place it in your ROM somewhere. Now go to your table and add another entry pointing to the assembled code (you do NOT need +1). Now

So I have 3 questions

1. What do I put in for the "##"
2. Do I compile what's in the second spoiler and if yes what do I have to do to get it working is it just a simple paste write and nothing more or do I have to do more to it
3.so once I put the assembled routine in for the first spoiler do I have to go back to my reprinted evolution table and write the pointer down? And if so is it the first pointer or would that be somewhere else

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions

I will definitely be working on this and thanks for loving the first beta

Also some notes:
My base has 1460 Pokemon but G3HS will only show 1020 because it's outdated so in order to look at the Pokemon all the way to 1460 u need to use advance series and PGE in order to check that out and yes I will add forms/formes just need to understand how to use Danills code and how to insert it

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Is this for 1.0? if I patch this using nups it kind of gives me a message saying the patch isn't for the rom.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
use Nups Patcher and click ignore when youre patching it and it should be good to go

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Dude you don't know how happy that would make me if u can get it done that would be the best thing ever that has happened in this base :)

Years
1460 base? xD
You went far too overboard. Imo it's not something gba can handle:
- cries taking up too much space, and am not talking about pokecry crap, but actual genVI cries which take almost as much as graphics...which brings me
- graphcis, inserting sprites and icons for all those is gonna take lots of space
- tables for that data, actually nvm, it's gonna be nothing compared to the graphics and cries
- dex display's gonna be fun
- no space in box to put caught pokes there
- no space in the rom for a game that would include them all
Plus you're using DollSteak's patch which is not bad for a hack, but terrible for a base.
What I think you should take off from that? Focus less on boring work like putting pokemon's stats in a game editor(also don't use g3hs) and focus more on scripting and actual hacking. You have troubles with evolutions. Read asm tuts, see game's evo routine, see people's routines, ask for help. We had already too much patches, which most of them are crap.
People should do a datafile or a textfile, a table or whatever with the actual poke's data in whatever's format that's easily copyable and stop using patches.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I see where you're coming from but some of that is already handled and I didn't even use half of my space yet

The pokedex is perfect as well as the display
And yeah u do make a good point but I would love to keep everything as is and see what happens if anything bad happens I always have backups to cover that mistake and take stuff out if I ever need to

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
okay so far i added in all the evolutions in kalos the ones that dont require asm or item insertion yet and so ill list the ones i havent done yet
Spoiler:

oh yeah another note i also have added protean to this base and its fully working ill add in other abilites later

edit: now finshed sinnoh evolutions and will add the one that i will need ASM/item insertion later so if u like please look at the updated list

edit2:finshed unova evolutions this means i did all the expanded mons evolutions except for the ones i need at the moment please look at the spoiler to see which ones i didnt do there were only like 5 in this region so it wont change much

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
Hello Pokecommunity I am here to present to you guys something ive been working on for a long time and that would be the 1460 Fire red Rombase i know that i havent contributed to this community so i thought go big or go home and so inspires my 1460 Base

Features
Spoiler:

Bugs
Spoiler:

Downloads:
Beta 1

Credits
Spoiler:

Progress:80%

Stuff i will add in later and that i need to do
Spoiler:

Tools used: HxD,FSF,VBA,Calculator,NotePad,G3HS,PGE
This is cool for adding 7th gen in the future plus pinkan, dark and valencian pokemon.!
Is it also included where many ways for pokemon to evolve (eevee to evolve into 10 types of pokemon for example)?

also i would like to suggest pc box storage limit so that 1460 pokemon can be stored.

anyways this is really really good! :)

BluRose

blu rass
Years
This is cool for adding 7th gen in the future plus pinkan, dark and valencian pokemon.!
Is it also included where many ways for pokemon to evolve (eevee to evolve into 10 types of pokemon for example)?

also i would like to suggest pc box storage limit so that 1460 pokemon can be stored.

anyways this is really really good! :)
Storage expansion is advised against...
While possible, it takes proportionally enormous amounts of precious RAM. You can get like 40-something more Pokémon in, but a lot of people would argue that this space is better used elsewhere. It'd also be extremely fun to rewrite the box system to support another box~

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
OH MY GOD WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOH I DID IT I INSERTED TURTWIGS CRY ALL I HAD TO DO WAS REPLACE MY CRY TABLE WITH POKEMON GAIA'S CRY TABLE AND THEN REPOINT IT TO WHERE I INSERTED MY CRY TABLE AND IT WORKED THANKS SPHERICAL ICE FOR GAIA I WILL SURELY CREDIT YOU AND IM SORRY I RIPPED YOUR CRY TABLE

Years
OH MY GOD WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOH I DID IT I INSERTED TURTWIGS CRY ALL I HAD TO DO WAS REPLACE MY CRY TABLE WITH POKEMON GAIA'S CRY TABLE AND THEN REPOINT IT TO WHERE I INSERTED MY CRY TABLE AND IT WORKED THANKS SPHERICAL ICE FOR GAIA I WILL SURELY CREDIT YOU AND IM SORRY I RIPPED YOUR CRY TABLE

Good job. If there's one thing hacking and programming taught me is never do something that'd take a lot of time and has already been done. Anyway, I suggest you take a look at other available resource or even hacks and rip everything's possible.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Thanks Dizzyegg I can't wait to get this done I have done upto ambipom and as I've said before there are no bugs other then that habitat thing so I'm really proud of how this base is coming along

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Can't open in G3HS (yes I am using your .ini), AdvanceMap only shows 386 pokemon etc.

Back