• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tutorial on how to get Pokescript working.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2008
I know there aren't many tutorials on how to actually get this to work so I am going to show you how.

First, download PokeScript and Pkmnadv.

First save your script as an .RBC file. Make sure to have your notepad or what your working with on "All files".

Once that is done, right click on the saved file, and there should come an option to compile it.

If not, then reinstall Pokescript and PkmnADV.

When you click compile, a box should come up, let it finish and then you can close it out, but leave "Buf rite" up.

Click on the little book in the top right corner and select your ROM for pokemon.

After that, and you select the destination, another box should come up. Click the torch (It looks like a light saber from star wars that's not on)

Again, it's in the top right corner

Some bytes should come up.

Click on the first one, and the bytes should come up in the little text box on the bottom. Copy everything except the starting letter and the ampersand.
DO NOT CLOSE IT OUT YET!

Once you have it copied, click assign but do not click the check box on the assign button. Once you click it, the box should close out. That is normal, do not worry and do not click the blue book again.
Also, it should put some numbers and or letters on the commands in the buf rite.

Now this is where a lot of people get confused and just close out Buf Rite.
Do not do that!
But now, click "File > burn"

If it asks you to put an offset, then there is something wrong with your script. If it doesn't, then it is a good script.

It should put some words in the command box where it told you the offset. This is good.

Now, your not done yet, but most of the way there.

With what ever tile editor you use (I use Advance Map) should be a place where you can place the script. You can place the script anywhere, but you have to put it on a "Script" tile.

Now, this is where the number/letters you copied comes in.

Go to where it places the script, and place everything in it, but do NOT erase the "$"
Just place it next to it.

Save it, and play!!!

Hope this helps you all. :)

P.S. Sorry I could not place pictures, It kept saying I'm not aloud to post links. :(

P.S.S. This is my first post and I'm new to the community. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back