• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Don't buy candy just BEFORE Halloween, you buy it on November 1st when it's all marked down! Don't you guys know anything about cheap candy?!
Somebody knows what they're talking about. Where I live now we didn't get any trick or treaters last year so no reason to buy much before hand and getting it after will be much cheaper.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The wonderful thing about living in a second-floor apartment: no annoying children coming to your door asking for chocolate. Halloween will be lovely and quiet this year, thank God! :D

Years
My little brother goes trick or treating with my mum and her friend's kids.
I don't think he enjoys it all that much the way he complains.

I myself have never really had much interest in asking for candy from strangers.
The dressing up on the other hand is hilarious. The last couple years me and my friends have had an annual Halloween get-together. Of which our motto is "Dress-up, Drink-up, Hook-up"
(It's a whole year level party from about three different schools)
There are always the best stories from this night which I won't go into.

Does anyone else have massive parties for Halloween? (Or when you have an excuse? >_>)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Does anyone else have massive parties for Halloween? (Or when you have an excuse? >_>)

Absolutely! I... honestly don't remember the last time I didn't have a Halloween party or at least a Halloween pissup. It'll be a bit different now that I've left home and all but I still plan to do it!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Once you hit college, Halloween just feels like a party holiday... too bad I was never a party-goer so I wouldn't understand that one XD So yes potentially will be on PC once in awhile refreshing the page, and enjoy Persona 3 portable (which I just ordered! It finally dropped to 19.99!)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I do absolutely nothing on Halloween. We don't get any trick-or-treaters and I don't go to any parties or anything, so it's just another night. Sad, I know.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Halloween became my favorite holiday soon after starting college. The whole prospect of dressing up, getting free candy, and scaring the living daylights out of little kids is something that Christmas can never compare to.

tl;dr: Christmas is good for increasing your net worth; Halloween is far superior in terms of actually having fun.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My sister might be having a Halloween Party so I guess I'll toss something on for that. Other than that though I have no plans for this Halloween.

Years
Boring Halloween for all of us this year then? Hahah, all my friends are going to the party but I've got too much stuff to do. Makes me sad.

I'll just party twice as hard after exams though! And it'll be funny, embarrassing and severely damaging for my liver! Come at me pre-Christmas party(ies)!

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
The only thing that will be different about halloween than any normal day, will be that instead of having a box of cereal next to me for snacking while I computer, it'll likely be a bag of chocolates.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I am the same as Morkula here, I don't even pay attention to it, because I am not 8 any more.​

Do you not hear how grinchy you sound? The way you've worded it also makes it sound like that, at some point, Mork said they were too mature for Halloween. They didn't, only you have said that! :[

Halloween is the best holiday for parties. 8) Except for presents at Christmas, no other holiday compares to the awesome perk of getting to dress up and be ridiculous.

You all need to listen to audy, he seems to be the only one in this thread who isn't championing being a hermit.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Do you not hear how grinchy you sound? The way you've worded it also makes it sound like that, at some point, Mork said they were too mature for Halloween. They didn't, only you have said that! :[

He doesn't have to celebrate Halloween, ahah. Some people just don't like the idea of dressing up and asking strangers for candy.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
People who think they're too "mature" for certain actions lack maturity. >:( It's like people that are insecure in their masculinity not being able to handle being feminine in any way - the only people that have to point out that people are too old for things always seem very insecure in their maturity.

See: 3 year olds that get obsessed with getting rid of anything that's "for babies", 12 year olds that reject anything that isn't bloody because they're "mature" now, etc.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I don't know what you're replying to Will, you seemed to have misinterpreted my post.

Touj gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back