• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I'm having trouble with the GTS trading.

Firstly, why aren't all existing Pokemon requestable? I wanted to request a Hitokage (Charmander) but the option wasn't there.

Secondly, I am having troubling finding anyone in GTS Negotiation Trading. Last night I went here after my first idea (normal GTS trading) fell through for the about reason. It worked like a charm and I made several trades and found various people like clockwork. Then all of a sudden I couldn't find anyone, and when I tried again tonight I had the same problem. I waited minutes on end with an apparently strong Wi-Fi connection while the game sat on the "searching for others who want to trade" screen. It keeps cycling through people but never gives me anyone. Why is everything so apparently desolate suddenly when before it was going so well? I even tried searching for people with no specific criteria so I'd have a better chance of finding someone. Still nothing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you haven't seen one, you can't request it. idk much about GTS, but I know enough to tell you that you're better off going to our Trade Corner here and asking someone for a Charmander in the Quick Trade Thread. GTS is absolute crap because all people ever request are underlevel Reshiram and Zekrom or weird things like that. So since you have Wi-Fi for your DS, you're better off finding someone in Trade Corner.

TheTimidHoodlum

Too Scared To Post Anything
Years
Hi, I wanted to ask a question: I'm trying to train some of my Pokémon to reach around the 50's - 60's levels, and I have a Larvitar that a friend of mine traded with me (I gave him a Boldore, which evolved into a Gigalith soon after). He's level 13 right now, and what I wanted to ask: Should I grind thoughout each area (Until I get a certain level, where I will switch to another area), or do the exact same, but with Audinos only?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Audino is your best bet. Honestly the most efficient way is to find the highest level Audino that your highest level Pokemon can take on, and then either give the lower level Pokemon an exp. share or give it a lucky egg and switch it out on the first turn. Plenty of exp that way.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I don't know what all this 'hype' about Audino's is. I would like a clearer explanation on this.

In my personal opinion, as long as you've beaten the Elite Four, you can attach an EXP Share to your Larvitar and level it off of the REALLY high-levelled pokemon for some experience if need be. I find it to be easier that way since the shared EXP is like 2,000-3,500 in some areas (which equals to around.. 6 levels at level 13? IDK)

Anyway, good luck with it :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Each Pokemon in existence has a base amount of experience they will give you, which is modified by things such as wild vs. tame, the level of your Pokemon, and its own level. For example, killing a Ditto would net you the base experience of 61, and a Patrat's base experience is 51. An Audino's base experience is 390. That's massively high; only Chansey has higher, and Chansey is difficult to find in the wild (impossible in the fifth generation). You get WAY more experience fighting Audino than any other Pokemon. And considering any place where high-level Pokemon are, Audino are, if you choose to battle normal wild Pokemon you're crippling yourself because Audino grinding is exponentially faster.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
So you're telling me that the EXP I get for killing Audino is significantly higher than other wild Pokemon?

I always used to think it was based off of the Weight and Level of the Pokemon instead of JUST the level. =/

Anyway, thanks for the advice. Wow, that does seem like a good idea XD.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's not based off weight at all, just clarifying. Only level and species, from what I know.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If you already used your beast on Zoroark and Celebi on Zorua, would the beast and Celebi still work on another file. I'm assuming no, but I want to be completely sure.
No, If you read the description, it says that Celebi has "finally" met its friend in Castelia City, and that the other legendary battled in Lostlorn Forest or somesuch.

There might be codes to reset this status on them using Action Replay, but given the Event Pokémon can be regenerated in Gen. IV using such codes and relocated to Gen. V, I would just do that if you have that device. The two existing Pokémon can never do those events again, however, and you have to somehow acquire another pair.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Canada and America have the same North American version. I would go with the presumption that they are the same version and thus not considered different regions.

If this WERE to work, on the other hand, I have a lot of Madusa Method Pokés to try breeding...but given my Japanese Ditto is behind a lot of my breeding to date and I have 0 Shinies from it, I doubt it would matter.

Cyclone

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Daylight Saving Time issues...

I am having an issue with my GameSync ALWAYS being out of energy EVERY DAY since I changed my DS clock for daylight saving time and are unable to tuck in a Pokémon!!! can someone help me figure out how to fix this??? both Pokémon Black and Pokémon White have this issue!!! the Global Link website says the games are still compatible!!! can someone help me???

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Daylight Saving Time issues...

I am having an issue with my GameSync ALWAYS being out of energy EVERY DAY since I changed my DS clock for daylight saving time and are unable to tuck in a Pokémon!!! can someone help me figure out how to fix this??? both Pokémon Black and Pokémon White have this issue!!! the Global Link website says the games are still compatible!!! can someone help me???
Okay, from what I know, changing your time would affect that. I'll consult my Black 2 manual, because both games are identical...Yep, if you change your time/date, you'd be unable to use Game Sync for a day. Not a calendar day, though. It's the real definition of "day" -- 24 hours. If you change your settings of date, time...well, you'd have to wait for 24 hours, then you can use it again. (That's 24 hours after the last save.) The same goes with if you change your DS system, that also affects this. (Yep, changing DS systems also affects the Game Sync time counter) Do this without changing DS systems, date settings and time settings.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Alternatively, use Game Sync then change the time as needed when you're done.

Cyclone

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Okay, from what I know, changing your time would affect that. I'll consult my Black 2 manual, because both games are identical...Yep, if you change your time/date, you'd be unable to use Game Sync for a day. Not a calendar day, though. It's the real definition of "day" -- 24 hours. If you change your settings of date, time...well, you'd have to wait for 24 hours, then you can use it again. (That's 24 hours after the last save.) The same goes with if you change your DS system, that also affects this. (Yep, changing DS systems also affects the Game Sync time counter) Do this without changing DS systems, date settings and time settings.

DON'T LIE!!!! it has been MANY DAYS!!!! IT IS STILL OUT OF ENERGY!!!!!! PLEASE GIVE ME A REAL ANSWER, NOT SOME MADE UP ONE!!!!!! THAT ISN'T A GOOD ANSWER BECAUSE IT IS INCORRECT!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ISSUE INSTEAD OF GIVING ME FALSE INFORMATION!!!!! I NEED HELP, NOT SOME ANSWER THAT IS INCORRECT!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A REAL ANSWER????????

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
DON'T LIE!!!! it has been MANY DAYS!!!! IT IS STILL OUT OF ENERGY!!!!!! PLEASE GIVE ME A REAL ANSWER, NOT SOME MADE UP ONE!!!!!! THAT ISN'T A GOOD ANSWER BECAUSE IT IS INCORRECT!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ISSUE INSTEAD OF GIVING ME FALSE INFORMATION!!!!! I NEED HELP, NOT SOME ANSWER THAT IS INCORRECT!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A REAL ANSWER????????

Ok. You are wrong. That info is in the Official Manual. You cannot reset your time or it messes with your settings for the game. If you change them then you lose the ability to use time based events for 24 hours. If you don't like the answer that's too bad. That is the correct answer.

from the Pokemon White Game Manual said:
Q: Why can't I use Game Sync even though I haven't used it yet today?

A: There are certain game features, such as Game Sync, that require a certain amount of time to pass before you can access them again. If you change your Nintendo DS system with another Nintendo DS system, or change the time or calendar settings of your Nintendo DS System, you may temporarily lose access to these features. In order to access these features again, you must wait 24 hours or more after saving your game, without changing your Nintendo DS system, the time setting, or the calendar setting.

Try being a little patient with others instead of flying off the handle, and stop replying in all caps or we'll just ignore you.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Ok. You are wrong. That info is in the Official Manual. You cannot reset your time or it messes with your settings for the game. If you change them then you lose the ability to use time based events for 24 hours. If you don't like the answer that's too bad. That is the correct answer.

Try being a little patient with others instead of flying off the handle, and stop replying in all caps or we'll just ignore you.

then the official manual is wrong because the issue has been for many days!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back