• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
i accidentally got rid of my thunderstone before i talked to L.T surge and now i cant do anything because he is one shotting all my Pokemon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
i accidentally got rid of my thunderstone before i talked to L.T surge and now i cant do anything because he is one shotting all my Pokemon

You could grind them. I mean I make sure all of my pokemon are over level 30 before facing the 3rd gym.

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
Years

well the way i see it is all u can do is to raise pikachu past level 30 and try your best if possible cuz as stated in the anime ash did not evolve pikachu at all

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
well the way i see it is all u can do is to raise pikachu past level 30 and try your best if possible cuz as stated in the anime ash did not evolve pikachu at all

Irrelevant. And also kind of shows where the hack fails. The hack gives us a choice to follow the anime completely or not. We can evolve Pikachu, we can evolve and keep Bulbasuar and Squirtle. We can keep Butterfree around and Primeape. We can catch all the wild pokemon we come across. We can use a completely different team than Ash used etc. The game offers us the ability to do some things differently than what was seen in the anime. Which is good.

Where the hack fails is that it does not do this more often. I completely wrecked Brockk the first time I fought him and yet it still acted as if I lost. I obliterated Hitmochan when he attacked me yet the game acted as If I lost. It was those forced roadblocks that made the hack fail a bit. It could have been so much more than just a hack that was the anime in video game form. Sadly it did try a bit, but ultimately failed. And gave us too much freedom while enforcing too many road blocks.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
@Strikes: Don't you think that you are a bit too strict with the game? I mean, yes sometimes the hack enforces you to follow a certain path that is based on the anime, but only because this IS an hack inspired by the anime; I think that there is a good balance between the freedom of the player and the events of the tv show; any other modification would ruin the atmosphere of Ash's journey.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
@Strikes: Don't you think that you are a bit too strict with the game? I mean, yes sometimes the hack enforces you to follow a certain path that is based on the anime, but only because this IS an hack inspired by the anime; I think that there is a good balance between the freedom of the player and the events of the tv show; any other modification would ruin the atmosphere of Ash's journey.

Perhaps. However, if it wants to be 100% accurate to the anime then it should not allow us to screw with any part of the flow, aside from capturing wild pokemon. If you are going to add some freedom to stray a bit from the anime then it should go one step further and not roadblock us into a loss when we defeat certain opponents that Ash lost to. It breaks the pacing of the story to read Brockk ranting about his victory when you just finished one shotting his Onix with Butterfree.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Perhaps. However, if it wants to be 100% accurate to the anime then it should not allow us to screw with any part of the flow, aside from capturing wild pokemon. If you are going to add some freedom to stray a bit from the anime then it should go one step further and not roadblock us into a loss when we defeat certain opponents that Ash lost to. It breaks the pacing of the story to read Brockk ranting about his victory when you just finished one shotting his Onix with Butterfree.
And how would you like to do that?
Give Takeshi level 100 Onix so you simply couldn't beat it?
That's kinda over the top, don't you think?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020

Here is the strategy I followed:
1) Get a Butterfree and level up it untill the 25 (the Hidden Village is a good place to do it since when your Butterfree learns "Gust" )

2) Get a Pidgeotto and level it up untill the 25 (Hidden Village is once again a good choice for the training of a Flying type)

3) Level up Bulbasaur untill the 25 (via vs Seeker on the Cerulean's bridge)

4) set Butterfree as your first Pokemon and suddenly use "PoisonPowder" on Raichu (your Butterfree should be faster at this moment than him) and wait that the Bug faints

5) Send out Bulbasaur and suddenly use "Leech seed" because this attack will continue to work even after that Bulbasaur will faint

6) Send out Pidgeotto and use QuickAttack as a loop

Think about it; if the game didn't make you lost the first time against Brock you wouldn't have done the event of the Electric Ball and so Brock's father wouldn't re-join his family in order to allows to his son to start his journey; therefore you wouldn't respect the anime story-line. Same thing against Sabrina, if you didn't lost the first time, you wouldn't go to Lavender and do the Poke Tower's event

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Think about it; if the game didn't make you lost the first time against Brock you wouldn't have done the event of the Electric Ball and so Brock's father wouldn't re-join his family in order to allows to his son to start his journey; therefore you wouldn't respect the anime story-line. Same thing against Sabrina, if you didn't lost the first time, you wouldn't go to Lavender and do the Poke Tower's event

There are other ways to do it. Such as making Onix a really high level for example.

And how would you like to do that?
Give Takeshi level 100 Onix so you simply couldn't beat it?
That's kinda over the top, don't you think?

I think my reply to Fronzy answers your question :).

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Hey. Found a bug. Really annoying one actually. I was doing the Mewtwo event and the sound started going haywire on me out of nowhere, can't fix it either. I've tried reloading the save and restarting the emulator. Don't know what the root of the problem is, and I can't play with sound anymore because of it.

Years
Given the amount of posts lately that are disregarding my warning against talking about Metapod and complaining that the hack isn't finished, it's in the interest of the thread that I just close it now.

For those of you who won't read the first post, HERE is a link to the latest release of the hack:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zknhhu

If you don't know what to do with that file, then read this thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966

If you're having problems in the hack, read the first post of this thread that you're in right now. It has plenty of information about potentially difficult areas in the hack. What's more, plenty of people have asked and answered questions in the last few pages of this thread, so if you encounter a problem, then your answer should be somewhere here.

And with that, I'm closing this thread. Metapod, if you return and would like it to be reopened, simply contact DrFuji or myself and we'll happily oblige. Until then, it will remain closed.

Closed~

Starlit Horizon

Ⓟ ⓛ ⓐ ⓨ ⓣ ⓗ ⓔ ⓕ ⓘ ⓔ ⓛ ⓓ
Years
This seems like a nice hack. I've little experience on this 'hacking' business, so please excuse me, I followed someone's link to over here.
But it's nice to see a GBA ROM of Ash's adventures! I would think that doing things like this would be really hard, especially the gameplay scripts and others. I will look into this!

Years
Yes, I believe metapod is. And thats awesome. I really hope he adds orange islands in this game. But it seems awesome like some of the scripts like swimming are really cool.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I want to thank everyone for their patience and continued support.

Without further ado, beta 4.0:

Pokémon AshGray Beta 4.0

The beta ends after episode 98 - A Way Off Day Off. The next beta will cover through the second movie.

As always, please report any bugs or glitches and I will try to fix them as quickly as possible. I fixed a few bugs from the previous beta and changed a few things, but nothing major, but it would help to have people playing the game from the beginning to check everything (though I did beta test through the entire game before releasing).

Thanks! ^_^

Years
I want to thank everyone for their patience and continued support.

Without further ado, beta 4.0:

Pokémon AshGray Beta 4.0

The beta ends after episode 98 - A Way Off Day Off. The next beta will cover through the second movie.

As always, please report any bugs or glitches and I will try to fix them as quickly as possible. I fixed a few bugs from the previous beta and changed a few things, but nothing major, but it would help to have people playing the game from the beginning to check everything (though I did beta test through the entire game before releasing).

Thanks! ^_^

The download isn't working for me :(

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Thank god this thread is reopened.
I was waiting for the thread to reopen.
The question is that us there any orange islands in ash gray version like its shown on youtube.
If yes then please let me know.

Back