• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It'll be another generic image for surfing. This is to keep the game from crashing when people hack in Pokemon that cannot use such attacks and have no sprite/image for them. Adding surfing images for every pokemon that can use it and flying Pokemon is too much.

They are going to stick with something generic.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
There's no real need for placeholders, because all they'd have to do is program a swimming action for the existing models, which would be the same over any Pokemon that have the same body type, and stick the player's model on top of it. Models are a lot more flexible than sprites. The worst that'd happen would be that some Pokemon that can't legally get Surf would have a jerky or screwed-up animation, but most players aren't going to see something like that without going out of their way.

If nothing else, they could make surf/fly animations for all the Pokemon that can legally do those things and include a placeholder to show when any other Pokemon is used. They could probably download new animations to the cartridge over wi-fi if some Pokemon get those moves legally by an event, too.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It'll be another generic image for surfing. This is to keep the game from crashing when people hack in Pokemon that cannot use such attacks and have no sprite/image for them. Adding surfing images for every pokemon that can use it and flying Pokemon is too much.

They are going to stick with something generic.

If people are taking the risk to hack their games, it's at their own risk if they break it. I don't feel like Game Freak and Nintendo should feel obligated not to do something ambitious because people are editing the files to something that shouldn't be there.

Of course, Nintendo probably won't do it anyways but that shouldn't stop them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
All right, so I took a bit of a PokéBreak these last two or three weeks. Apologies for a possibly spammy post, but can I inquire for a digest version of any new developments in this period of time? I'm back now, so should be following again.

Cyclone

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
All right, so I took a bit of a PokéBreak these last two or three weeks. Apologies for a possibly spammy post, but can I inquire for a digest version of any new developments in this period of time? I'm back now, so should be following again.

Cyclone

Well, I think you already know about the new eeveelution pokemon revealed; Sylveon, right? Other than that, there hasn't been any new news for X&Y yet. Just a lot of rumors from someone named "Mr. XY".

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Most of the rumors from Mr. XY have been rather far-fetched though, so if you read them take them with a grain of salt (I mean, Houndoom evolution named Houndoomed? Really?)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Eh, the whole key system was pretty unnecessary, but I guess I can understand why they put in something like that. On a whole though yeah, we should choose our own difficulty.

One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @_@

I wouldn't mind surfing on a small red Lapras sprite (for everything) again if this doesn't happen, like the early days n_n

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
hey guys, i walked into gamestop to get meloetta and they had a big oversized box advertising X and Y. it had the miiverse symbol in the corner. we're gonna get miiverse for 3DS!!! and compatable with X/Y!!!

oh, and does anyone know what site mr xy is on? i'd like to read what he says myself. although i don't like only 99 pokemon, what he says seems plausible.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Mr. XY can be found on 4chan, so if you want to venture over there to get it firsthand feel free I suppose, but be warned of the craziness that can be 4chan.

And I have no idea what the Miiverse will be doing for XY. Maybe a replacement for friend codes?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well, I think you already know about the new eeveelution pokemon revealed; Sylveon, right? Other than that, there hasn't been any new news for X&Y yet. Just a lot of rumors from someone named "Mr. XY".
Actually, I didn't. Will research it!

Cyclone

Years
One thing I'm definitely hoping for is that when we surf, that we actually surf on our Pokemon instead of a shadow or something. @_@

This would be so awesome, seriously. Strollin' onto the beach on the back of a ferocious-looking Gyarados.

And this would kinda replace the follow me fature for most people, so you can see the unique overworld sprite for your Pokemon. I wish it would be the same for Fly too, even if you only see the Pokemon for a second or two.

And for the love of God Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I want to surf on my Gyarados. D: BE IN FEAR, TEAM <evil team name>! I shall dominate you with my fearsome Gyarados.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Nah Sylveon is one of those pre-release permanent discussions, like NY or Shanghai for Unova. Only thing is we don't know which side is the blatantly obvious one, team new type or team old type...

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Mr. XY can be found on 4chan, so if you want to venture over there to get it firsthand feel free I suppose, but be warned of the craziness that can be 4chan.

And I have no idea what the Miiverse will be doing for XY. Maybe a replacement for friend codes?

if this mr. XY is serious, we'll be able to see other people on their journeys and challenge them. i want that so bad! having miiverse on it is really helping him prove himself. i guess we can't be sure until the 15th when we will supposedly get more news.

i just got this strange thought yesterday, he says the company is telling some of the employees about this rather then keeping it secret. could this be an advertising tactic? telling employees to keep something secret, and they get free advertisement to keep hype for the game up. or maybe they actually hired this guy to "leak" everything they tell him.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That's what they do, apparently. They love to create hype, sit back in their chairs, and troll us all day long to see the fans' reactions. And then when all of that dies down, then they get back to the nitty gritty and shoot out more (albeit somewhat vague) information for fans to speculate on. I'm not surprised in the slightest.

That's the beauty of CoroCoro coming out when it does: Gives the fans enough time to sit here on our own and hype it up for them while we speculate =P

if this mr. XY is serious, we'll be able to see other people on their journeys and challenge them. i want that so bad! having miiverse on it is really helping him prove himself. i guess we can't be sure until the 15th when we will supposedly get more news.

i just got this strange thought yesterday, he says the company is telling some of the employees about this rather then keeping it secret. could this be an advertising tactic? telling employees to keep something secret, and they get free advertisement to keep hype for the game up. or maybe they actually hired this guy to "leak" everything they tell him.

As nice as all of that sounds, I severely doubt anything he is saying is really going to come true. This happens pretty much every generation from over there, and although every once in a great while we get a small fact that was true, most of it is just made up. Plus Nintendo/Game Freak having someone leak all their info ahead of time is kind of odd, since that ruins the games themselves if you know everything ahead of time.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
That's the beauty of CoroCoro coming out when it does: Gives the fans enough time to sit here on our own and hype it up for them while we speculate =P

As nice as all of that sounds, I severely doubt anything he is saying is really going to come true. This happens pretty much every generation from over there, and although every once in a great while we get a small fact that was true, most of it is just made up. Plus Nintendo/Game Freak having someone leak all their info ahead of time is kind of odd, since that ruins the games themselves if you know everything ahead of time.

well, you know, not all the info, but hiring someone to "leak" a little info here and there seems like a good idea, just look at how many people are already talking about him. and for some reason people just find it much more exciting to have leaked information then official information.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023

I disagree with the other reply to this. I think nintendo has realized that the fans for the most part like having the game spoiled. From who i have talked with they all said that it will just gets them more excited for the game, so maybe nintendo realized this and don't mind having someone leak the info because the fans will enjoy it and they would still make money. I think some ideas in this rumor are plausible while others are not. I like some of the evolutions ideas though. Also to the above post i see that reasonable to. He may have given us the names and places but we have no idea what they look like or any key plots to the game so i don't see why it is unreasonable beside the fact it comes from 4chan.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm not an experienced Fakédex-er, but it appears he's been working on the material for a while. It seems like the list of Pokémon, Gym Leaders, etc, was created well beforehand. That really isn't the hard part, there are many people who have made something similar.

However, the way it was presented is rather.. well done? Instead of going all-out with everything, and have it written off as another wishlist, he first presented it as if he had very limited access to the stuff, recited from memory or brief info sheets. Quick descriptions from artwork, small overview of game features, some interface, etc. He refers to specific points in the trailer, having explanations for minute details, and so on. He has all the designs ready, all names and so on. However, to avoid inconsistencies, he pretends not to know much, instead portioning out his stuff little by little. This way, nothing he says goes against anything he will say later.

If this is fake, it has accomplished its objective. Every Pokémon fan site has a thread or two discussing it. Many fans have swallowed the bait completely. Many are sceptical (myself included), but even they agree this is very well crafted. Any news from GameFreak refusing what we've been presented could blow the list completely. On the other hand, any news from GameFreak not refusing it would just cause the debate to stir even higher.

If it's legit, however, Mr. XY should either be looking for a new job soon, or he has done his job well and generated a fantastic amount of PR. Whether or not his bosses wanted this to happen is uncertain, but either way it has got the fans pumped for the game.

Well, some of his ideas do look cool~ The typings look interesting; I hope the new pokemon for X&Y will be similar to some of the typings listed! Or at least, I hope the new evolutions do~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back