• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
hello, and welcome to...
video games daily chit-chat!
Welcome to video game DCC! This is the place where you could talk about anything and everything related to gaming. Before you proceed, though, please take a look through these guidelines:

You may only dicuss video games here; everything else belong to their respective sections
You may start a new topic any time, but please make sure that the current one's dead. If there's already an existing thread on this topic, use that instead.
Don't flame, bash, or troll anyone. Respect each other's opinions; be friendly!
Have fun, and keep all other PC rules in mind. :)

Go wild!
Thread approved by Dragon.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I honestly never understood why Watch Dogs was coming to Wii U in the first place \: Not that I have anything against it in particular, but it just seems like an oddity...Maybe that's just me, but I plan to get it for the PS4.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I honestly never understood why Watch Dogs was coming to Wii U in the first place \: Not that I have anything against it in particular, but it just seems like an oddity...Maybe that's just me, but I plan to get it for the PS4.
This is the kind of game that could actually utilize the gamepad so well.

But too bad neither Nintendo nor Ubisoft care.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I don't generally like intense or good games for the Wii-Family because its just that darn controller/s, so I would have to agree with spinosaurus, a game like that would really utilize the gamepad

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Why do we have new thread...? We could have made the old one into super mega tera giga big thread that would kill the server become the most popular thread of all PC! =D

As for topic in question... maybe Nintendo doesn't give enough money? =D

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'd way rather Nintendo not moneyhat at all.

Still so ****ing pissed off at Sony for moneyhatting Capcom about Street Fighter x Tekken because they couldn't save their Vita on their own. Game would have been way better without their crap that time, what a huge potential lost over something so big. The game is better now, but the damage has been done.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Nintendo needs to dump some money into funding some third-party exclusives though. It's the only way they're going to build a decent library of games for their systems, especially with all the trouble they're having getting Wii U games out to retail. They've done it with Platinum and TW101 and Bayonetta 2, but they're fairly minor games that aren't going to get the mainstream appeal that they desperately need to sell systems. As it is now, third parties have run like hell from the Wii U and the only way Nintendo is going to get any support from them is to go to them and fund some exclusives.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Funding is different. In this case, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have existed without Nintendo's help.

Moneyhatting would be something like them bribing Watch Dogs to be exclusive.

Years
Yeah, Nintendo does need to get on it. There are alot of games that would work pretty well on Wii U, but somehow avoid getting ported over. Is there any real reason why Wii U can't see games like Tales of Symphonia HD, Lightning Returns, etc. I get that the console isn't selling too hot, but if you don't put anything on it, then it's never going to sell anyways.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Moneyhatting is also why Microsoft and Sony are having a financial crisis in the Xbox and Playstation brand respectively. Sony let go of 5,000 jobs to keep themselves alive, and that number of jobs makes up about almost all of Nintendo's workforce.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
So I got a 39.99 voucher on my 3DS but have literally no idea what to buy, was planning to buy Bravely Default but the size is huge and I don't feel like putting something that big on my card, thinking of either Devil Survivor or another game like that or BD, Just can't decide what D:, help please D:

and to join in the conversation, for me the WiiU was a bad idea, I mean the controller for me is horrible and really not needed to be in such a way, I don't know any one of my friends that picked up the WiiU, whereas we all bought the Wii and love some of the amazing games on it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Hot damn, that sucks major. I'm sure Japan got it digital, too...shame, it's the best 3DS game.

Second option is A Link Between Worlds. I wrote about that game if you're interested.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
completed a link between worlds, Pheonix and Fire Emblem and ofcourse have both Pokemon games.

Heard so many great things about Kid Icarus, its a shame Bravely default needs so much space it would fill the memory card lol. Its huge.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Can you list me all the 3DS games you have, or is that all you have already?

If someone asks me for a 3DS recommendation, I'd say Kid Icarus first of all, then ALBW. But those are out of the way. The next priority is mixed to me.

If you don't mind 30fps on a precise platformer and don't have a Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns is arguably the best platformer of all time. It can be hard as hell so if you want a challenge this is the way to go. I could literally talk about it all day, it's actually one of the best games of last gen in terms of game design, if not the best imo. The Wii version is preferable though, but 3DS is serviceable.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is also charming as hell and has the best aesthetics in the system. The gameplay is only decent, but the level design is terrific and rewards exploration. So many puzzles to solve and many treasures to get. It feels a bit unpolished and the missions structure is hit and miss.

3D Land feels a bit redundant now with 3D World (although to be honest I prefer 3D Land) but it's still a great 3D platformer. Really great for quick bursts and the pace is really relaxing compared to the tense DKCR.

So one of those three I'd say.

Years
I'm pretty iffy about stocking up on digital titles on a handheld much less a console itself. I don't have the patience to potentially lose those sd cards with all my junk on them.

My 3DS game list is small at the moment. Aside from pokemon X, I have Project X Zone which i recommend for Capcom/Namco fans, but also for people that are into games like FF Tacticts. A ton of characters and good stuff. Luigi's Mansion 2 was really good. I found it kinda hard to put down. Even if you didn't play the first one, I still recommend this one.Then again Mario games never really have any problems selling for Nintendo.

What irked me was the launch lineup for the 3DS. When they only had the blue and black colors, there weren't any good games, really. Also, still scratching my head on the move of putting Super Street Fighter 4 on a handheld

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
SSFIV 3D is actually pretty damn good. It's the best handheld fighting game (on the vritue that SF4 is better than UMVC3 and SFxT, sorry Vita), and no one would blame you if you wanted the game on portable. As long as you avoid using 3D, it's exactly like playing the game on consoles with a pad.

But I use arcade sticks, so it's pretty jarring for me. Also lack of update, but I don't suppose that one matter much.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I ended up getting Luigis Mansion, Liked the first one so this should be fun, and I was gutted when I checked all the game shops where I live and not a single one has a copy of Bravely default... yes... Not a Single copy, new or old haha.

I personally LOVE my Vita, has some amazing games on it, UMvC3 was great for me, always been a fan of them games and other greats like Persona 4, Ragnarok Odyssey, Virtues Last Reward, having older games on it from PSP and PS1 is amazing and ofcourse the soon to be FFX HD remake, the only thing that holds the Vita back... is Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back