• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
No no no to Houndoom evo it is perfect thank you very much take back everything you guys said.

I remember wanting a Zangoose and Seviper evo as the above poster mentioned! Many possibilities coming out of that

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Although I do agree on Dunsparce getting an evolution, I'd prefer it not to evolve into Normal/Flying. I mean, we already have a giant amount of them, and it's not exactly fantastic typing or anything. I'd personally like to see it stay a pure Normal type, but do give it more serpentine characteristics. Plus, It's already obnoxious with Serene Grace and all the paraflinching it can cause, so if it was a little faster with some more Attack it'd be fantastic =)

blue

gucci
Years
Some of the originals are best left untouched, I would however like to see a couple of older generation Pokemon get some evolutions. Particularly Maractus, Sableye, Corsola, Chatot etc.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I don't think many of the Pokemon from earlier gens will get an evo, I think the most likely evos for previous Pokemon will be in gens 4 and 5. But more likely gen 5 due to the tremendous number of evos and pre-evos in gen 4. I would love the following gen 5 Pokemon Audino, Basculin, Swoobat, Whimsicott, Maractus, Throh and Sawk, Durant, and some others to have an evo.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess it would make sense to give Gen4 and Gen5 Pokemon some new evos, since they haven't really been touched yet. I just hope they don't go over board with it and just start giving ALL pokemon some evolution. As Suicune says, some are better left untouched

blue

gucci
Years
I think it's safe to say that we will get a couple of Gen V evolutions, it's usually the way when a new generation comes along.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I highly doubt gen 5 pokemon to get new evolutions. I still feel like the games aren't that old yet to have changes (it has only been like 3 years since their announcement and the generation ended so quickly. even some gen 3 didnt get evolutions or pre evos during gen 4)

One thing i do have hopes for are evolutions from Generation 3.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If anything I actually expect more Gen V evolutions than anything else. Unova was slated as a new beginning, similar to that of Kanto. When we arrived in Johto, we saw that a handful of Pokémon from Kanto were given evolutions. I'm sort of expecting the same kind of treatment here with the new region. Although I'd still love to see some choice favorites from previous regions get some evolutions, it's probably more unlikely that stuff from Gen V.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I actually expect as much evolutions for gen 5 Pokemon this generation as gen 3 had in Gen 4. I feel gen 3 wasn't as widely added to as Kanto was in 2 and Johto was in 4. So I feel like things can still be done with Hoenn. Though Sinnoh may have the most as they haven't had a chance to get new evolution much like how Johto didn't receive evolutions until gen 4 (all it got in 3 was two pre evolutions) and they were a handful of them too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Does anyone want a Houndoom evolution? I beleive someone mentioned it a while back but someone didn't want to see it evolve, I was wondering if anyone else felt that way. Personally I wouldn't mind if Houndoom evolved, it just seems like a lot can be done with it. Of course that also presents the chance of messing it up.

The only logical thing I can see is a split evolution that's suppose to be a physical version of Houndoom, because again, base stats exceeds 500. I know it's been rebuttaled numerous times whenever I bring it up, but I'm 100% guranteed that they won't do it again because of evolite, and there won't be 1st/2nd stage evolutions to Pokemon w/ BST 465+.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really don't see Houndoom getting an evolution really at all. It isn't really the stat aspect that makes me feel that way, it's just from an aesthetic point of view. I mean, I wouldn't mind it I suppose, but I guess I just don't want to see it happen, probably because I love Houndoom as it is =P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I just don't want to see it happen, probably because I love Houndoom as it is =P

A three-headed Cerberus. Just think about it. xD

I've been thinking about this for a few days now, and i still don't know what I'd prefer.
I love Houndoom and his design, and i would hate for Nintendo to "mess him up" by giving him some meh evolution. On the other hand, a three-headed Cerberus would be AWESOME!! :D

Years
Hm, i agree that the normal flying typing would be bad but i don't see why they would make it a pure normal type either, afterall it has wings already and i'd like to see those used. Every pokemon needs a way to counter its strehts so giving it a common weakness is a way to balance it (noone wants the dunsparce evo to become uber immediatley).
If they are going to make it an uber then ground/flying would be my guess.

Years
I really don't see Houndoom getting an evolution really at all. It isn't really the stat aspect that makes me feel that way, it's just from an aesthetic point of view. I mean, I wouldn't mind it I suppose, but I guess I just don't want to see it happen, probably because I love Houndoom as it is =P

I think aesthetics went out the window when Rhydon got an evolution.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I always felt like Unown were more part of the story line and a curiousity in the Pokemon world and were not really meant to battle...i think it's pretty unlikely he'll get an evo, especially since there are so many forms

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Agreed. Unown just has hidden power in his pocket. Obviously not for battle purpose.

Yeah, unown may get some new forms though...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Unown could get the 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,+,-,[SIZE=+1]÷[SIZE=+1] [/SIZE][/SIZE](division),×(multiplication)(could be a different X), √ (square root) and ¹(exponential)

The mathematics forms.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
LOL @ people hoping for Skarmory evolution. If that were to happen Skarmory + eviolite would literally be the most OP thing ever. Much more over powered then Chansey + eviolite defense wise, and easily better attack wise. Hell it even has some very good support options too. Skarmory alone is a force to be reckoned with.

That's like wanting to give an evolution to Excadrill. Just makes no sense at all. Gamefreak has done some unpredictable things in the past for sure, but nothing game breaking.

Back