• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

T_T I was bitten!

Matsu Razu

Your Loyal Illusionist
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Okay... so uhm, I have 2 gerbils.
Well somehow they escaped last night...
so I was looking for them today.
And finally I spotted one! It's the black one, Yumi.
So I caught her after a while of trying to scare
her out from under the bed. Well when I did,
she bit me on the finger SO HARD THAT I COULD HEAR IT!!!
It hurts really bad.. T_T she never bit me this hard before!
I wish she'd just understand I want to help her.
But at least I caught her..
So.. uhm... does anyone have any pets themselves?
Or know a good way to catch the other gerbil?
IDK, I guess I'm just here to complain. XD
Sorry.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
When my hamster made her first jail break, I looked for her around my room. I finally found her in a tissue box.

Tips to catch your other gerbil:
-Look where he/she would find something he/she likes(tissues, plastic, etc.)

How did they get out? I'd tape down the place where they got out(make sure they can't chew it)

Matsu Razu

Your Loyal Illusionist
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Oh, I was being a dope and accidentally left the lid open. XD
But yea, now I have something heavy over it JUST IN CASE.
Thanks though.. I'll try that. ^_^ Maybe I should put some bait out.
&& What kind of hamster do you have? (sorry, random question)

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
Short haired. She's brown/gray and white. I had 2 dwarf hamsters before her.

My cousin has 2 gerbils and she was told they were both boys. I come to visit and theres nine of them running around in the cage. They had babies!

Matsu Razu

Your Loyal Illusionist
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Your hamster sounds cute...
&& ROFL, you know how many times
I've heard stories like that? I think
the petstore's should know what they're selling
BEFORE they sell it. @~@
Luckily that hasn't happened to me. I mean, not that I wouldn't
like any more pets, but my parents would flip! XD

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
I've been bitten by my pet rabbit, when it was still alive, and by my hamster, when it was alive. It was a long time ago.
And my hamster escaped multiple times. It's was very clever apparently.
Tips for catching a Gerbil? Bate it. Get it's good or something else it likes and leave it the floor, then move away so it can't see you and get ready to catch it.

And I also was told my hamsters were both female. I got a shock when they had babies.
The male one was called 'Butterfly' ¬_¬(My sister named it, not me)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
If your gerbils are escaping from their cage then there is something wrong with it.
I had a hamster until 3 weeks ago (it died naturally.) While it was alive, it never escaped and it never bit me.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I had a pet angelfish, he only had one eye and swam upside down because his swim bladder was no good. D: He died two weeks ago- R.I.P Batman. ;-; Now I'm waiting for my dad to 'gut' the tank so we can get new fish. -allergic to animals-

My aunt's rabbit bit me when I was about eight or nine. D: I still have the scar on my hand- it went pretty deep into my skin and was pretty painful. ;-;

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
This is very serious. All Gerbils carry a disease called Deathly Gerbil-bite Syndrome and the only way to tell if you have it is if you can hear the actual bite, which you did. You have approximately 2 and a half days after the bite to seek medical attention or else you will die a slow and painful death in which tiny gerbil babies eat out your insides. Good luck.

Shem

Bored...
Years
You go to walmart, and buy a mouse trap, put food on the end and when he takes it, *SNAP*, you got him! Oh alive?

The sell live traps for mice and rats, same concept right?

When it comes to biting the first 2 pets of mine that come to mind are my dog, who's only 1 year old and still likes to give me a playful nip every once and a while, and my 3 ggeckos, which periodicly bite me when i surprise them by accident.

Matsu Razu

Your Loyal Illusionist
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Thanks for your help everyone. ^_^ I actually caught her yesterday! She came right to me when I called her name. XD

@Vendak;
Actually, they escaped because I left the lid opened. ROFL I'm such a dope!

@Alex;
Dang! Thanks for warning me earlier! T_T
How am I ever going to complete my National Dex now!?

@ . A k u R o k u . ;
Ouch. D: That's really sad. One reason why I don't have a rabbit myself!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I did got bitten and scratched by my cat multiple time. xD Though, it doesnt hurt, when she bites or scratch me, it means she loves me and wants to play. xD She always scratch and bite me most.(did I tell you that she was biting my toes when I was sleeping xD)

Catching a gerbil? Try to bate it.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
Years
I've been bitten by a pregnent rat before. Bleed like I was on bloodthinners too. Hurt like a ***** too.

Sorry about your pain, bro.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Okay... so uhm, I have 2 gerbils.
Well somehow they escaped last night...
so I was looking for them today.
And finally I spotted one! It's the black one, Yumi.
So I caught her after a while of trying to scare
her out from under the bed. Well when I did,
she bit me on the finger SO HARD THAT I COULD HEAR IT!!!
It hurts really bad.. T_T she never bit me this hard before!
I wish she'd just understand I want to help her.
But at least I caught her..
So.. uhm... does anyone have any pets themselves?
Or know a good way to catch the other gerbil?
IDK, I guess I'm just here to complain. XD
Sorry.

Do you have any idea how annoying it is when you type like that? Stop hitting enter so much.

Put some food out and see if it goes to it.

I have a cat, it's so cute. It is extremely hyper (but it's a kitten, so that's expected.) When you play with it, it tries to latch onto your arm with it's claws, sometimes it gets you. Also, if you walk away and it isn't done playing it will latch onto your leg and nibble on your leg. Very cute, very painful. X3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I got 2 cats and a Hamster. My Hamster Odaku is very sweet and kind. My cat Midnite has my personally and usually bites and stabs her claws into my flesh, and as for my Black cat Fushiisu, she may look sweet but deep inside shes the devil

:t354:TG

Back