• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Some challenge so that are done using a hack won't necessarily need a separate part, hacks like firered omega and emerald hard version are just harder versions of the game, but I agree seperate part for some hacks in necessary maybe add what hack they're doing next to their name

PS can you take my name from the platinum one, I have two up there and do not plan on doing either as I am a tad busy with some other challenges at the moment, will possibly come back to them in the future.

Alright, And thanks for telling me bout the hacks. I haven't played any yet, I've been... distracted...
*Loads up Tales of Symphonia*

I'm going to restart this challenge. Same game, same stuff, except something: I will not change TMs and Movesets compatibility. I probably bite more than I can chew, and I ended up with Charizards with Solarbeam and Pidgeots with Thunder, and TMs like Smokescreen, Sand-Attack and stuff like that. And, on top of that, Charizard could not learn Fire Blast.

Charizard actually can learn solarbeam, When you think about it, It makes a lot of sense.
But yeah, Moves are a sketchy Setting, Although it sounds like fun now that I think about it...
*Considering turning off tales*

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
Charizard actually can learn solarbeam, When you think about it, It makes a lot of sense.
But yeah, Moves are a sketchy Setting, Although it sounds like fun now that I think about it...

Personally, I like randomizing EVERYTHING (with certain settings of course)! I call it "Delta Species Mode", after the Ruby/Sapphire TCG. Y'know what, now that I think about it, I should make a thread about it, 'cause it's actually really fun. However, I wouldn't recommend doing a Nuzlocke on it because you have no idea what types you are up against, and you could get Super Effective'd by a Zubat with Hydro Pump early on or something, but it's good fun! However, you can't just set it to completely random, otherwise you'll end up facing a Ghost/Dark Arceus with No Guard, 220 Base Speed stat and Sheer Cold. Also it is recommend to turn Wonder Guard, Dragon Rage and Sonicboom off (Shedinja will still have Wonder Guard and 1HP).

Years
I will restart this challenge since this became pretty much Glaceon solo run - Serenity is currently at lvl 75 and everything else it's around lvl 50 - and in every battle everybody nearly dies - survives with 1-5 hp so yeah.. I ll restart this because I am tired of glaceon swiping everything.

Years
I never thought that it would be so hard to choose last member of my team, but I still hoping for someone who will hit this team... Anyway, here is:

2nd Update for Sapphire run:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

In box:
Matla (Sentret), Dom (Girafig), Kova (Nosepass), Den (Dugtrio), Pasa (Anorith), Maty (Volbeat), Nothx (Poochyena), Mari (Lileep), Mis (Seaking), Kami (Solrock), Never (Rattata), Armi (Golduck), Andy (Spearow), Svaty (Donphan), Klar (Absol), Pety (Tropius), Sara (Snubbul), Jr. J (Eevee)

Death:
Bobby (Togetic), Kam (Ariados), Samec (Bagon), Ani (Shroomish), Smaza (Parasect), Ivy (Nidoqueen), Kitt (Wigglytuff)

Ok, I will never nickname Pokemon after my Ex... 3 of them already died :(

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
With the randomizer I use, if I want random wild pokemon, Fully evolved pokemon show up where they shouldn't be.

There is an option for trainer pokemon to be replaced with other pokemon of similar bst, but not for wild pokemon.

Starting the game with a lv3 Braviary not being able to evolve it is not as fun as starting with a Rufflet.

Years
Update before E4:

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

In daycare: Horr (Rhyhorn)

In box:
Matla (Sentret), Dom (Girafig), Kova (Nosepass), Den (Dugtrio), Pasa (Anorith), Maty (Volbeat), Nothx (Poochyena), Mari (Lileep), Mis (Seaking), Kami (Solrock), Never (Rattata), Armi (Golduck), Andy (Spearow), Svaty (Donphan), Klar (Absol), Pety (Tropius), Sara (Snubbul), Jr. J (Eevee), Sur (Pelliper), Ibi (Ralts), Zdenda (Machoke), Deni (Jumpluff), Lila (Quagsire), Kara (Stantler), Moona (Staryu), Fili (Caterpie), Tri (Dodrio), Nidea (Clefable), Pedro (Persian), Yui (Swellow), Murry (Mudkip), Bro (Sudowoodo)

Death:
Bobby (Togetic), Kam (Ariados), Samec (Bagon), Ani (Shroomish), Smaza (Parasect), Ivy (Nidoqueen), Kitt (Wigglytuff), Rick (Metang), Zuzy (Hypno)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Hey there! I'm interested in doing this challenge, but I don't use roms. I have access to randomizer action replay codes for HG and SS onwards...would I be able to use those? Sorry if this question has been asked and answered around here before, I'm new!

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Hey there! I'm interested in doing this challenge, but I don't use roms. I have access to randomizer action replay codes for HG and SS onwards...would I be able to use those? Sorry if this question has been asked and answered around here before, I'm new!

Sure, I just didnt mention it Because apparently action replay codes are frowned upon in OPs.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Ah right! Well in that case I'll sign up if that's ok?

Username: Duncey
Game: Soul Silver
Rules: Nickname all Pokémon

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
I actually just started one of these last night before finding this forum. So I guess sign me up lol

Username: Darkhelmet
Game: FireRed
Optional Rules: Must nickname (Also first Nuzlocke)

I've been working hard at this already, had some bad luck catching pokemon at the beginning. My starter was a Machoke, who killed a Skarmory on the first route that I could've gotten. I didn't catch my first poke up until Viridian Forest where I caught a Blissey who died not that much later.

Fast forward past a few things I dont particularly remember and here's where I stand at the moment:

Badges 3/8 (standing outside Rock Tunnel at the immediate moment)

Pokemon in Party (not sure how to make the pokemon pictures or I would):
Spoiler:

Pokemon in PC:
Spoiler:

Dead Pokemon:
Spoiler:

So I'm just doing a little catch up grinding for pokemon that are NOT Vaporeon or Machamp before I brave the rock tunnel.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Personally, I like randomizing EVERYTHING (with certain settings of course)! I call it "Delta Species Mode", after the Ruby/Sapphire TCG. Y'know what, now that I think about it, I should make a thread about it, 'cause it's actually really fun. However, I wouldn't recommend doing a Nuzlocke on it because you have no idea what types you are up against, and you could get Super Effective'd by a Zubat with Hydro Pump early on or something, but it's good fun! However, you can't just set it to completely random, otherwise you'll end up facing a Ghost/Dark Arceus with No Guard, 220 Base Speed stat and Sheer Cold. Also it is recommend to turn Wonder Guard, Dragon Rage and Sonicboom off (Shedinja will still have Wonder Guard and 1HP).

Exactly, I don't want to die that way. Especially in Blue, where crits are uber.

Update #1

Started the game, finally. I had to choose my starter between Pidgey, Haunter and another one which I don't remember (Gary chose him). I took Pidgey, and I won the battle.

Once the initial stuff was over, I started building the team, and therefore I caught a Slowbro in Route 1, a Dratini in Route 2, and a Lickitung in Route 22. I've trained the team up to Lv. 8-9, then I took on Gary, which had his started and a Voltorb. Pidgey died.

Now I'm in Viridian Forest, where I caught Haunter (could have chosen him before).

Team

080.png
Lv. 9 - Confusion, Disable, Headbutt
108.png
Lv. 9 - Stomp, Supersonic, Wrap
147.png
Lv. 8 - Wrap, Leer
093.png
Lv. 6 - Lick, Night Shade, Confuse Ray

Graveyard

016.png
Lv. 8 - Gust, Sand-Attack

Years
Username:LegitRed
Game: Black 2

You must nickname all your pokemon.
Battle Style must be SET.
Black Out is a game over.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Unfortunately, I am going to have to resign from my run :/ the codes just keep crashing my game every few minutes, making progress nigh on impossible. Sorry!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 6, 2020
This sounds like a TON of fun, so I might as well join in!
Username: Scout
Game: Emerald
Optional rules: You must nickname all of your Pokemon
A black out is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC

Also, this is my first Nuzlocke challenge, so I'm just in it for the fun of it! Wish me luck!

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
WAIT THIS LOOKS SUPER FUN.

Ari Niko
Yellow

PROGRESS:
Starter was a Chansey
Rival had a Kabuto and crushed me, but doesn't matter according to OP :D
Got 15 pokeballs after the Oak mission
First Pokemon I ran into on Route 22 was a Snorlax lv. 4 - caught it!
Grinded Chansey to lv. 11 and Snorlax to lv. 12
Beat my rival and got my Snorlax to lv. 14
First Pokemon on Route 2 was a Haunter - couldn't catch it!
Firs Pokemon in Viridian Forest was a Poliwag - caught it!
Chansey died at lv. 11 and Snorlax got poisoned! :(
Snorlax died at lv. 14
Poliwag is remaining at lv. 8! I guess I'm not very good at this :(
Grinded Poliwag to lv. 15
Poliwag got poisoned by a Muk in Viridian Forest!
Saved him luckily
The bug catcher has a Zapdos lv. 8
Hypnosis + bubble seemed to do the trick!
First encountered a Magneteon on... wait... this is the same route! :(
Brock's trainer had a Bellsprout... versus my Poliwag! :(
Hypnosis did the trick, then his next was a Dugtrio.
Beat Brock with no problems!
FIRST CHICK ON ROUTE 3 HAD A MEWTWO LV. 8
Poliwag got poisoned by the next guy's Vileplume
saved Poliwag with only 3 health left
Fourth person on the Route had a Jolteon that almost killed Poliwag
First Pokemon on the route is... Zapdos! :O - Didn't catch it :(
Evolved my Poliwag into Poliwhirl before the cave!
First Pokemon I see in Mt. Moon is... ARTICUNO! - crit hit on the second water gun and killed it :(
First Pokemon on Route 4 is... Exeggutor! Finally caught something else!
SAVED GAME AT CERULEAN POKECENTER

Team:
Poliwhirl lv. 28 (Bubble/Hypnosis/Water Gun/Doubleslap)
Exeggutor lv. 10 (Barrage/Hypnosis)

Deceased:
Chansey lv. 12 (Pound/Tail Whip/Doubleslap) - Viridian Forest
Snorlax lv. 14 (Headbutt/Amnesia/Rest) - Viridian Foreset

Last edited:
Years
Before I start I would just like to announce the important things that I have randomized:
-Removed Trade Evolutions
-Got national Dex at beginning
-Randomized held items
-Completely Randomized starters
-Trainer's pokemon randomized (No early Shedinja and Rival carries starter throughout whole game)
-Randomized Wild Pokémon
-Randomized Static Pokémon
-Randomized TMs

I'd also like to use a shiny pokemon mercy rule. Is that aloud?

Last edited:
Years
im gonna join in on this!

username: hypnoticsoul
game: yellow
optional rules: name every pokemon
-

• my starter is a slowbro which i named broderick
  • my rivals starter is a lickitung which i beat in the first battle using confusion
  • bought 6 pokeballs from the pokemart
  • caught a lvl 4 meowth named it diamond
  • healed at the pokemon center

i will keep updating as i play, this is my second nuzlocke, i never finished the emerald one. i hope to beat this one :pink_boogie:

Ryusu

Pokétopia Master
Years
Username: Ryusu
Game: Emerald
Additional Rules:
  • Nickname Pokémon. (I'll be using a theme and name them after characters from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.)
  • No using/catching legendary Pokémon.
  • A black out is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
All Pokémon are randomized including starters and the ones trainers have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back