• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Leveling Tips?

dsmccurdy92

Dsmccurdy92
Years
So I've played through Emerald just to get to the Battle Frontier and I've played though Fire Red and Colosseum to have access to the full roster of Pokemon for this. The Battle Frontier offers Open Level and Level 50 Challenges. Being that you cant use your whole team i think it would be a good idea to have a wide variety of multitype pokemon to partner up or to take on the challenges. So what would be the easiest and most efficient to level pokemon just caught up to the level you need them to be for these challenges? Side note i know nothing about EV or IV leveling and am too dumb to comprehend it. Thanks in advance guys.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Make sure you're constantly seeking out the Rematches on the match call system, some trainers can get into relatively decent levels, giving decent xp, aside from that, if you're looking for pre elite four training, I'd go with a mixture of rematch training (Usually the Television crew who rotate through 3 locations) and Victory Road.

If you're looking to EV train, be sure to give a pokemon the Macho Brace as it doubles any EV value a pokemon would get from a battle.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/emerald_ev_manual This is a list of every pokemon that gives EV's in Emerald and the most common places to find them, a good way to check if a pokemon has been trained enough with EV's is to buy a few proteins/calciums ect, If I pokemon won't take any of them they're good to go.

Last edited:

dsmccurdy92

Dsmccurdy92
Years
I used to trade Pokémon to XD to level them up. If you're still trying to get Ho-oh from Colosseum, you could trade the Pokémon you want to Level up and use them while you're beating Mt Battle. That's also great since it's double battle, you can have a stronger Pokémon to assist them.

Otherwise, Elite four is the best way to train I'm afraid. That, and the breeder trainer near the day care (RSE) with a full party that wants to rebattle occasionally.

I didn't really give any thought to trading over to coloseum or xd for training. i almost have coloseum rebeat but havent played it in a while im may give mt battle a test run sounds like it may be the best bet for what i need. Im just trying to get my pokemon the same levels so i can enter open level on the frontier instead of level 50. Probably gonna have to break down and ev train at some point. Thanks for the tips though.

Make sure you're constantly seeking out the Rematches on the match call system, some trainers can get into relatively decent levels, giving decent xp, aside from that, if you're looking for pre elite four training, I'd go with a mixture of rematch training (Usually the Television crew who rotate through 3 locations) and Victory Road.

If you're looking to EV train, be sure to give a pokemon the Macho Brace as it doubles any EV value a pokemon would get from a battle.

(had to remove link because system says im too much of a noob to post links) This is a list of every pokemon that gives EV's in Emerald and the most common places to find them, a good way to check if a pokemon has been trained enough with EV's is to buy a few proteins/calciums ect, If I pokemon won't take any of them they're good to go.

Rematch training may be a good way i just don't look forward to the idea of hunting people down but if it works who am i to complain lol. as i said above im just trying to get my pkmn the same level but if i end up having to ev level id need a quick way to get my pokemon back up to atleast 50. Im not to good with the whole ev leveling system so the guide is appreciated. Thanks for your help as well

Back