• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New game, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
Hi, I'm a newbie and i'm trying to make a fan game. I've already come up with a storyline and new characters, like professor sedar, a new boy/girl, a new evil team (team sphere) and a new regio : Alveus. But i need help in order to start designing the region and stuff, like so i wanted to ask where can i get the tree, buildings, flowers and all off those things that compose the cities and all.

p.s: I wanted to show u the sprites of my new characters but i don't know how i can put them here...

I hope u answer

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
Years
Right the first thing is to go to "new post", from there click "manage attachments", a pop up will come up and will say "browse" click on it and add the files from your computer!

Easy Peasy Greasy Lemon Squeezy!

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
this should go on the help/request thread *reports*

now on topic, first you need a program to create your game, being as you said, a newbie I would recommend RPG Maker 2000/2003 before you move forward to more complicated programs like RPG Maker XP or Sphere, then after you handl sphere and rpg maker xp you can even make your own game by scratch in some programming language.
You can upload the images the way Budgie_boy said or by creating and account at www.photobucket.com and uploading the images there, after you upload the images, you will have a URL between
tags below each picture, copy that here and people will be able to see the pictures, be sure to not upload bitmap pictures as they don't show up and be sure your pictures are smaller than 250KB.

I wish you luck with your game but only create a thread for it when you've got a story and two in-game screenshots :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
Where's new post? And one more thing, could u tell me where did u download RPG Maker 2003, tuturials and ebooks

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
help me

Hi, I'm a newbie and i'm trying to make a fan game. I've already come up with a storyline and new characters, like professor sedar, a new boy/girl, a new evil team (team sphere) and a new regio : Alveus. But i need help in order to start designing the region and stuff, like so i wanted to ask where can i get the tree, buildings, flowers and all off those things that compose the cities and all.

Here are some new characters that i've created, but I couldn?t upload professor sedar

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
Storyline

The story goes like this. Everything starts in town (Opprimo). You and your brother are called to professor Sedar's lab. He will tell u that hid grandson has been kidnapded by a new evil organaziton, Team Sphere (that has Rayquaza under their power). They have kidnaped Professor Sidar's grandson becouse they r trying to blackmail him so that he tell them all secrets about rayquaza. So SEDAR will give u a pokemon to help u on ur journey threw gyms and stuff. So it will be up to you to save both rayquaza and Sidar's grandson before its too late.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
I can't download qanything from that site u gave me, and i still don't know where i can find the objects to make the cities

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
the "objects" a.k.a. tilesets/chipsets are on a pretty clearly named thread called "Game Dev Resources", as for the site he gave you, you must register first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back