• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyMrPlow

Pokemon N00B!
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
*Sniff* Well guys I'm back, after the excitement of getting a new computer came the quick realization that I had none of my previous saves, on any of my previous games.

I'm gonna go ahead and start over, let's make it a Magmar run this time. Leaf Green, then I'll consider the rest.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Update on my Blastoise Platinum Run:

-Removed the Psyduck, reached Celestic Town, and got Surf
-Got HM04 at Iron Island
-Won gym badge #6
-Dealt with Team Galactic at Lake Valor
-Won gym badge #7 in Snowpoint City
-Finished Team Galactic events at Lake Acuity and the Veilstone Building
-Cleared the Distortion World
-Won gym badge #8 in Sunyshore City

The team:

BLASTER (Blastoise) lvl. 70
-Surf
-Water Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Bite

Grotle lvl. 19
Togepi lvl. 1
Hoothoot lvl. 20

Last edited:

TheMightyMrPlow

Pokemon N00B!
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
First Update:

After telling the Prof my name and my rivals name, I went on to choose my pokemon. I chose Squirtle for two reasons, the first being that I would need to surf later, the second is that my rival chose Bulbasaur. Meaning Magmar would dominate him.

After getting my Squirtle and running back with his package and skipping all that dialog, I encountered a wild Magby. it took four of my five pokeballs to catch this guy, at 1 hp too! His nature was Mild which is perfect.

[The reason I caught a Magby is because I thought it would be fun to have him evolve into Magmar during this, Magby can still evolve into Magmar even though he's hacked in right?]

Blew threw the Varidian forest and came out level 12. Went to fight Brock. Took down his little buddy blocking the way, barely. Leveled to 13.

Brocks Geodude went down, and then his Onyx rocked my world. But I still got some good experience. I kept going back and dying because that Geodude was the only way to get decent exp at this point. After hitting level 15 I went back for a truely epic battle.

Magby leads with Ember, not very effective.
Onyx uses Rock Tomb (the move he kept OHKOing me with)
Magby hung on with 3 hp and burned Onyx in the process. Used potion.
Onyx used tackle.
Magby used Ember.
Onyx used bind.
Magby used potion.

That went on for a while until the burn finally wore him down. It was pretty tough believe me.

240.gif

Magby lvl 16

Ember
Leer
Smog

7.gif

Squirtle lvl 7
Tackle
Tail whip
Bubble

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Blastoise Platinum Solo Run Update:

-Made it to the Elite Four
-Defeated my rival

Pre-Elite Four Stats:

BLASTER (Blastoise) lvl. 75
-Surf
-Water Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power

HM slaves and other non-participants:

-Grotle lvl. 19 (Cut, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength)
-Togepi lvl. 1 (not HM slave, but too lazy to put it in my PC)
-Hoothoot lvl. 20 (Defog, Fly)
-Tentacruel lvl. 33 (Waterfall)

The Elite Four:

Aaron: Ice Beam for Yanmega and Vespiquen, Surf for Heracross, Scizor, and Drapion
Bertha: Surf or Water Pulse for all
Flint: Water easily douses the fire
Lucian: Mix of attacks (Surf, HP Dark, Water Pulse)
Cynthia: Mix of all attacks

Final stats:

BLASTER (Blastoise) lvl. 78
-Surf
-Water Pulse
-Ice Beam
-HP Dark

Game time: 16:30

Done with my Ultimate Blastoise Solo Challenge (Red-->Gold-->Ruby-->Platinum)!

This last leg was fun, albeit a bit long. I suppose it would have been faster using Diamond, but I only have that in cartridge form, which wouldn't have helped too much. Overall, I've enjoyed the challenge. While it hasn't been particularly challenging, I've enjoyed getting to use my favorite Pokemon to play the games, particularly the ones where Blastoise normally has to be traded in.

Perhaps I'll do another one of these solo runs at some point, but I doubt I'll have time soon.

Best of luck to everyone with runs! By the way, to the above poster about the Magmar run, I'm not sure that Magby will be able to evolve in that game until you get the National Dex, which could be a problem. Not sure about that, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Hey I'm going to try to get back into this I'm doing an Ultimate Challenge I've already beat Kanto and am in Johto I'm doing Duskull to Dusknoir in games avalible I hope my challenge is still valid it's been a long while since my last update but here's my Current Team Progress and Location
Boojangle Lvl. 30
Mules
Totodile
Onix
Togepi future fly mule
Badges:3
Can I still do this or do I have to start over from Kanto?

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Ultimate?

Yeah

With who?

Charizard.. Hands down

Starting where?

Fire Red

Other places?

2:SoulSilver

3:Emerald

4:Diamond

Starting when?

Now..

Combine the challenge?

Let's make it a nuzlocke combo!!

Begin!

Nuzlocke combo meaning I can only use pokecenters no healing in battle

Catching pokemon I don't have to worry about

I must nickname my pokemon (Hothead in respect of my actual nuzlocke)

And if he faints he's dead.. and since this is a solo it also means I fail and must start again..

Hothead is already Lv 18 haven't learned about catching pokemon yet though.. thanks to my master grinding skills.. ;)

Last edited:

Folkedahl

Wizard
Years

I apologize about my failure to update.
After spending an hour of walking around town, I finally hatched my Dratini. Then, spent 3 days grinding on level 4 pokemon because Santos (My dratini) refused to learn any other moves than wrap, leer, and thunder wave, causing huge ammounts of suck. However, once he learned twister things took off completely. I'm currently level 25 with 3 gyms wiped out no sweat.​

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Hello I'd like to sign up for a single solo challenge on FireRed (may turn into an ultimate depending on how much fun I have with this one)

The pokemon I will be using is Sableye (possibly one of my favorites) also quick question..... Does my solo for firered end when I beat the elite four a second time or just the first?

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Hello again..

My FireRed prved to be absolutely no match for Charizard..

And it all seemed like a speed run..

But I accidentally left my game on all night before I woke up so I had 12 extra hours added onto my time -___-

So anyways I blurred through firered mainly with mega punch andscratch.. picked up aerial ace and replaced scratch and killed everything until pokemon league and picked up dragon claw.. Charizard then had a moveset of:

Aerial Ace
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Dragon claw replacing slash

Destroyed Lorelei with flamethrower(amazingly had 3 OHKOs) and aerial ace..
Left with Hothead only having 82 hp.. things were looking slim

Obviously took out Bruno with aerial ace and earthquake for the ONYXs..
Everything was OHKO so I advance with 82 Health

Agatha blown out by Flamethrower and earthquake..
Damage almost caused from Haunter but a simple confusion was a miss
Iadvance to challenge Lance with 84 health (Hothead levelled to 83)

Lance:
Gyarados did not prove a problem flamethrower.. almost OHKO
He does dragon rage.. 44hp left..

Hyper pot used by Lance..
Another flamethrower

Lance switch to Aerodactyl
Flamethrower Crit OHKO

Lance to Dragonair
Dragon claw domination
OHKO

Switch back to gyrados
Aerial ace to kill

Drgonair #2
Dragon claw OHKO

Dragonite for last hope of lance
Luckiest Dragon claw crit timing ever..

Advance to Lavir (rival spelled backwards)

OHKO Pideot Flamethrower

Earthquake by Hothead
Blastoise withdraw
Earthquake by Hothead

Blastoise down

Exeguttor comes out and is demolished by Flamethrower

Alakasam comes out to be invited by another

Charizard is now level 84 with 47 hp(actually I have no clue when this happened I just had a random moment to see stats(darn speed button))

That's was charizards last flamethrower

Breath-Taking moment:

Arcanine used Extremespeed!

Hothead has 11 hp left!!

Second-most breath taking moment:

Hothead used Earthquake!

Critical hit!!

OHKO!!

Decade becomes champeen!!!!!

Anyways.. this solo was easier than expected from a nuzlocke style challenge..

But nonetheless.. oh and I'm going to be hacking in Charizard to a normal silver since the speed button seems to be a billion times better than SSand HG so next up.. Jhoto!

Folkedahl

Wizard
Years
Hello I'd like to sign up for a single solo challenge on FireRed (may turn into an ultimate depending on how much fun I have with this one)

The pokemon I will be using is Sableye (possibly one of my favorites) also quick question..... Does my solo for firered end when I beat the elite four a second time or just the first?

Sableye <3
I believe it's the second time.
Might as well update mine..
Secured all my HM Mules - Poliwhirl for Surf, Strength, Rock Smash (Technically not an Hm, whatever), and whirlpool. Farfetch'd for Fly and Cut, and Chikorita for flash. level 38, finally got Dragonair. I have yet to not OHKO a pokemon with slam, which is pretty tasty.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Ohh my god. Got to the next to last page and firefox crashed... Here we go again.

Edit: all right. This time, instead of doing it on PC, I made a nifty Excel document with names, pokemon, game, and status. I finished all that stuff, just have to transfer it to PC. But its taken me so long, and I want to play a game or something. Hopefully I'll be feeling better after I finish and I'll update this again.

Congratulations to everyone that finished their challenge
Special congrats to: mamoswineftw, wingman11 x2, and Imperator161 for becoming the newest solo masters!

Last edited:

Zeko

^ is awesome!
Years
Third Update

Hey guys! Long time no see! Anyways, I'm back and healthy again, so let's continue!

UPDATE 3
Spoiler:

006.gif

Spade /
Charizard
Lv. 36 (so close to 37! No joke!)
Secret Power
Dig
Flamethrower
Wing Attack

016.gif

Slave /
Pidgey
Lv. 6
Tackle
Sand Attack
--
--

052.gif

Timpurr / Meowth
Lv. 10
Scratch
Growl
Bite
Cut

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Whoo! I finally beat Red! I decided to feed Champ two Rare Candies to boost him to level 90, checked my stock of revives and stuff and climbed the dangerous Mt. Silver. At the top was a quiet young man with outrageously powerful Pokemon. I killed off his Pikachu is one hit (Champ is faster than a Pikachu?). His Venusaur then took up the fight and was a PAIN IN THE REAR. After several revives and Venusaur killing off both my HM slaves at least once, I was able to return the favour and verse Blastoise. He was a bit of a pain, but he couldn't really hurt me that badly...Lapras was next. Ugh, Psychic. Lapras is no longer allowed to use that. Snorlax and Charizard were both uneventful. And with that...I had beaten Red! So now, my challenge is complete.

CHAMP the FERALIGATR!
Level 90, Hardy Nature, Loves to Eat
Knows Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang, and Earthquake
296/235/214/167/167/198

Magmorter

Suffering from Pokerus...
Years
Hey, I'd like to start your solo challenge. I'd be using Gengar on Ruby and trading him in at level 5. I'll keep you updated on my progress (:

Last edited:

Folkedahl

Wizard
Years
Just hit level 50..
Taking suggestions for Dragonite in Original Silver Movesets to help me not fail the Elite 4!
Anways, I get mega rage mode whenever I battle my rival because he's got a flippin' shiny Sneasel and I just wanna chuck balls till I die. Hah.
7 Badges now. Just finished off Team Rocket in the Goldenrod Radio tower with ease.

Years
Well, my Mawile USC is on hold for now, having a bit of trouble with the DS series of games, but I've decided to start a new one.

Now, think to yourself what the most annoying pokemon from all the generations is. Or pokemon family:

Zubat, Golbat and Crobat!

Yes, our favourite batty pokemon are going to be the focus of this new challenge. i don't think anyone has yet to do this, so hopefully this will be unique (like Mawile and Lickitung/Lickilicky...)

ANYWAY, rambling aside, I completed the Leaf Green portion today (VBA speed toggle ftw). Using A-Starter, I modified the starters and chose Zubat (Squirtle), and Douche chose Bulbasaur. Since Zubat only starts with Leech Life, I modified it so that she was holding TM 47 Steel Wing - only way I would ever be able to defeat the wild pokemon and first gym. Unfortunately, my screenies from the first 6 gyms/Silph Co. were lost, so I don't have many left.

th_Pokemonleafgreen_01-1.png

Bite destroyed Sabrina here, with an Aerial Ace for good measure vs Venomoth

th_Pokemonleafgreen_02-1.png

I still had Steel Wing in my moveset here, so the Rhyhorns were easy stuff. The rest I just Aerial Aced/Bit to death

th_Pokemonleafgreen_03.png
th_Pokemonleafgreen_04-1.png
th_Pokemonleafgreen_05-1.png

Just some pre-E4 stats. Taught Batty Giga Drain in place of Steel Wing

th_Pokemonleafgreen_06-1.png

Giga Drains, some HP Electric and Bite for Jynx/Slowbro gave me the win here. Lapras was a bit of a pain though, with Lorelei using Hyper Potions quite regularly

th_Pokemonleafgreen_07-1.png

Hehe. A Giga Drain for each Onix, 3 Aerial Aces and Bob's your uncle. Didn't even bother healing after Lorelei, the Giga Drains fully healed my health

th_Pokemonleafgreen_08-1.png

Used Bite on all the pokemon here, 2HKOs on both Gengars, Arbok and HER Golbat. Used a Hyper Potion at the end and went onto Lance.

th_Pokemonleafgreen_09-1.png

HP Electric for Gyarados/Aerodactyl. Aerial Ace was underpowered against Dragonair due to the Intimidate, so I switched to Snorlax to soak up some hits while using a Full Restore. Then Aerial Aced my way through both Dragonairs. Dragonite hit me with a bunch of Outrages, but Batty is pretty bulky, and she took the hits easily. Heal up, use and Elixir, and onto Douche

th_Pokemonleafgreen_10-1.png

HP-electric for Gyarados/Pidgeot, Bite for Alakazam/Arcanine, Giga Drain for Rhydon and a few Aerial Aces to finish off Venusaur. Easy as Pi (3.1415926......)

th_Pokemonleafgreen_11-1.png
th_Pokemonleafgreen_12-1.png

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! Batty was absolutely legendary, though can't say that I'm loathe to wait for the DS generations and the improved movesets. Plus it was really annoying how she couldn't evolve after level 37, so for the next 51 levels I had to be faced with the disappointment of a confused Batty...

So, I'll either play Silver version or Sapphire next, might even do Soul Silver if I can solve my emulator problems.

Last edited:

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
I'm doing a single solo challenge on Pearl with the amazing Toitle the Torterra.

-Started my adventure.
-Went to the lake and got Turtwig.
-Timid nature. RESET!
-Restarted my adventure.
-Got Careful Turtwig.
-Named Toitle, got Pokedex.
-Caught Derpette, the HM slave.
-Went to Jubilife, fought rival on Route 203.
-Made it Orenburgh.
-Made Roark stop playing with rocks for a battle.
-Toitle evolved into Grotle while fighting the gym underlings.
-VS Roark
Toitle vs. Geodude
Toitle used Razor Leaf
Geodude fainted.
Toitle vs. Onix
Toitle used Razor Leaf
Onix fainted.
Toitle vs. Cranidos
Cranidos used Leer.
Toitle used Razor leaf
Cranidos fainted.
Coal Badge get.
Fought Galatics.
Did Galatic stuff at Valley of Windworks/Floroma Town
-Made it through Eterna Forest
-fought Gardenia, defeated her with Bite
-Toitle evolved again, learned Earthquake.
-Defeated Jupiter
-Saved Going down Route 206.

Badges: 2

Toitle/Torterra Lv. 32

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back