• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Just finished my Unova Dex! Getting ever closer to a complete National Dex. retinaburn was a big help! I recommend anyone who wants to build their Pokedex go check it out.

Years
Yeah, it's not really a good place to be to be honest. People can be unreasonable and I have friends who have received hacks off of it.

I set my stuff to level 1-49, cute so I could trade some of the Spoinks, Buneary, Gothita, & Magby to people. I get people putting up level 50+ legendaries, or level 1 previous gen pokemon & kept sending unhappy faces repeatedly. Come on now people. And the one time I didn't put Magby up, I traded a Gothita for a Asian Magby. -_-
If I was a [insert expletive here], I would pawn that hack off but I'm not like that. But these people are absolutely ridiculous. Get real people. GAH. lol

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I set my stuff to level 1-49, cute so I could trade some of the Spoinks, Buneary, Gothita, & Magby to people. I get people putting up level 50+ legendaries, or level 1 previous gen pokemon & kept sending unhappy faces repeatedly. Come on now people. And the one time I didn't put Magby up, I traded a Gothita for a Asian Magby. -_-
If I was a [insert expletive here], I would pawn that hack off but I'm not like that. But these people are absolutely ridiculous. Get real people. GAH. lol

While it's silly that they are trading outside of "level 1-49 cute Pokemon", that's what most people trade online these days. I've seen people complaining about how people don't trade "normal" Pokemon as often anymore. What those people need, is to discover PC (and then make TC even more lively > 3<)

Years
While it's silly that they are trading outside of "level 1-49 cute Pokemon", that's what most people trade online these days. I've seen people complaining about how people don't trade "normal" Pokemon as often anymore. What those people need, is to discover PC (and then make TC even more lively > 3<)

Yes, they should join PC! I've referred a few people on Tumblr to here when they can't find Pokemon they need. But GTS, there was a few pokemon like Swablu or Drowzee, which I don't have, that were reasonable levels but apparently I don't have any amazing Pokemon because I kept getting repeated unhappy faces & then my connection would mysteriously get lost. I had a few people accept the trade, start it, then back out or lose the connection. If they'd come to places like the TC here, they could talk about it. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Yeah, the GTS negotiations tool is extremely flawed in that you really can't communicate effectively. I tried everything to get what I needed on GTSN and still never got it. PC is pretty much the best option for anything you need, short of trading someone directly. Of course, regular GTS isn't horrible as long as you've seen the Pokemon you're looking for at some point.

Years
Yeah, the GTS negotiations tool is extremely flawed in that you really can't communicate effectively. I tried everything to get what I needed on GTSN and still never got it. PC is pretty much the best option for anything you need, short of trading someone directly. Of course, regular GTS isn't horrible as long as you've seen the Pokemon you're looking for at some point.

I did just get a Solosis I need to help me complete my dex. Not bad.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
Alright, have a questions for all you traders, shop owners and quick traders alike.

What do you gain from trading? And by gain, I mean what are your goals?

Do you trade so that you can create teams to fight with?
In order to collect, for you enjoy looking at all of these awesome Pokemon?
To help others who are after Pokemon?
How about to simply just make friends/acquaintances?
Or is it a combination of the above?

Just me being curious. ^^ I for one do it in order to build competitive teams, making friends hopefully is just an added bonus for me. ^^

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
When I traded, I just traded to trade really. Probably why I don't do it anymore... it got boring. :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I trade to help others out who cannot otherwise obtain the Pokemon they need. I enjoy being able to give someone the exact Pokemon they need for their team or to complete their Pokedex. My goal is to RNG the entire dex, although this will take a very long time so I do requests to both have something to RNG and to help someone else out.

tabor62

Years
Alright, have a questions for all you traders, shop owners and quick traders alike.

Just me being curious. ^^ I for one do it in order to build competitive teams, making friends hopefully is just an added bonus for me. ^^

I myself trade to increase the size of my collection and to help other people complete their collections. Of course on the side I do RNG breeding requests and help people with Pokedex entries. I have met a lot of my PC friends through TC and trading. (Best place on PC by the way)

I don't battle, but I do breed competitive Pokemon for other people (come by my place when I reopen requests > 3<)

Years
So this is a different shiny giveaway than last time, by a different person. This didn't say on the giveaway if they were hacks or not so I asked first. The person said "they're hacks, but they're still legit", & said that game recognizes them as legit. So anybody care to enlighten me on what this might mean?

tabor62

Years
So this is a different shiny giveaway than last time, by a different person. This didn't say on the giveaway if they were hacks or not so I asked first. The person said "they're hacks, but they're still legit", & said that game recognizes them as legit. So anybody care to enlighten me on what this might mean?

Pokemon cannot be hacked and legit at the same time. However they can be hacked and legal instead. Legal means it passes all possible hack checks and is not recognized as a hack by the games, Pokecheck, etc. However, legit means it was actually caught or obtained in game without the help of an Action Replay or an editing program. So legal or not, they are still hacks and cannot be traded here on PokeCommunity.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

I trade because when I was most desperate for something I needed, someone here in TC was here to help me. I really appreciated that and I wanted to help people in that same way. It's why my shop is more focused on breeding than anything else. I get a sort of satisfaction out of knowing that I helped someone get something they either don't know how or just don't have time to breed, and knowing that they are happy because of what I do is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Years
I was able to get a decent deal on the GTS today. Yep, the GTS. I've been looking for a DW Porygon for a while now with no luck so i thought i would settle for a normal one. Anyway, i found one on the GTS and all they were asking for was a Steelix! So i traded one of the three steelix i had and was happy to find out that it was a DW Porygon! Sorry, but i had to share. Anyone else find something cool on the GTS for a reasonable price?

tabor62

Years
Unfortunately, never. I've never found anything that was really good and legit for something I really didn't want. Damn haxors >.<

Years
Unfortunately, never. I've never found anything that was really good and legit for something I really didn't want. Damn haxors >.<

Tell me about it. Makes it very hard to find anything. On a side note i offered something (can't remember what) and requested a porygon. i just received a lvl1 Modest Porygon with Sharpen,
Thunderbolt, Blizzard and Psychic! Very happy lol

tabor62

Years
Tell me about it. Makes it very hard to find anything. On a side note i offered something (can't remember what) and requested a porygon. i just received a lvl1 Modest Porygon with Sharpen,
Thunderbolt, Blizzard and Psychic! Very happy lol

Were you hoping to get lucky and score a DW Porygon then? Either that or you sure love your Porygon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back