• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Then you need to write a new script or just repoint and rewrite the movements. If oak isn't showing up, then you need to create a nee sprite if you deleted it, or deal with the flags would hide it if it does still exist.

It is reading random bytes as text. If Physo Boost is nit the last move, don't worry about it. If there are moves after it, then you most likely corruped the data that stores attack names.

@ForeverDash- you most likely have a similar issue to this if Phsyco Boost is not the last move created in Gen IiI.

So you know how I can fix this?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I have a question about a rom cheat

I'm trying to get the 1000 exp one ,rare candy,and tm,but i can't find any that works. Could someone help me find the code? i think a master code is needed to right?

This is not the place to ask this. This is *ROM* hacking. What you are asking for is *RAM* hacking. Find a different location.

Is it possible to change the old man's backsprite according to gender? Or just multiple switches?

Use the backsprite switcher in JPAN's engine. That is the only way right now.

So you know how I can fix this?

I just checked. Psycho Boost is the last move created in Gen III. Just don't touch anything past it and you should be fine.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Could you maybe show an example of how I could switch the sprite?

karatekid552

Years
Could you maybe show an example of how I could switch the sprite?

This would go in the script before you called the old man battle:

checkgender
compare 0x800D 0x0
If 0x1 goto @boy
Compare 0x800D 0x1
If 0x1 goto @girl
(Rest of regular script)

#org @boy/@girl
Setvar 0x[Var you picked for backsprite switch] 0x[Backsprite # you want, that is in the table you made]
return

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
Another simple question: anyone knows what are the flags for getting the Frontier Symbols (both Silver and Gold) in Pokémon Emerald?

Nevermind, I ended up figuring out.

Another simple question: anyone knows how can I make a script where a NPC gives me some Battle Points (BP) in Pokémon Emerald?

Years
There are unknown bytes associated with each OW, so if two have the same unknown byte, they will share the same pal in-game. in NSE press ctrl and M. Then in the bottom right, it says a sprite pointer or something. go there in a hex editor. you should find a string soon after XX 01 00 00. Change XX until it's ok in-game.

I tried doing that and it's still showing up funky. It was originally FF 01 00 01 and I changed it to FF F1 00 01 and I even tried FA 01 00 01 to no avail. Any other suggestions or am I just doing this wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
I have a question about the warp command in xse

I am trying to use the warp command in one of my scripts and it just takes me to a black screen. What can I do to fix that?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

I am trying to use the warp command in one of my scripts and it just takes me to a black screen. What can I do to fix that?

Make sure that the map bank number and map number and coordinates are in hex, not decimal.
Also, put waitstate on the next line.

Code:
#org @example
warp 0xA 0x21 0xFF 0xC 0x2
waitstate
end

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Hi guys I have a simple question, what's the best pokemon rom to hack? tool wise.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Another simple question: anyone knows how can I make a script where a NPC gives me some Battle Points (BP) in Pokémon Emerald?

You can give the player Battle Points by using the following commands in XSE:

Code:
setvar 0x8004 0xYY // Where 0xYY is the number of Battle Points you wish to give
special 0x1CA

In addition to what jsziede said above, ensure that the map you're warping to isn't corrupted. Try walking through a regular door warp on the overworld in addition to warping through scripting. If you still wind up with a black screen then the chances are that your map's data has been corrupted somewhere along the way. You will have to reinsert the map or repoint any misdirected footers if this is the case.

Hi guys I have a simple question, what's the best pokemon rom to hack? tool wise.

In terms of what game is the best to hack, that's a pretty subjective question. However, just about anybody will tell you that Fire Red has the most compatibility with tools. If that's all you're looking for then go for FR, but don't let accessibility be the only deciding factor when deciding which ROM to hack.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
I tried doing that and it's still showing up funky. It was originally FF 01 00 01 and I changed it to FF F1 00 01 and I even tried FA 01 00 01 to no avail. Any other suggestions or am I just doing this wrong?

You are changing the wrong thing, there should not be any FFs there to start off with. The person who explained this best is JPAN. Download a copy of his hacked engine v1.1 and open up the .doc file on his zipped folder. Now scroll down until you get to the section titled, "Overworld Data Explained". Read all of it and you will figure out how to change the palette slot.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
I am using Jpans engine and i added the usual bytes for surf although it now changes the OW to the bike and then freezes the player but animations still play....
I have tried other bytes. and it still does this.
Does anyone have any idea why it is doing this?

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
What line do I edit and how do I edit it in a HEX editor to make it so all pokemon with a different ID will obey the trainer.

Im using cygnus free version

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Make sure that the map bank number and map number and coordinates are in hex, not decimal.
Also, put waitstate on the next line.

Code:
#org @example
warp 0xA 0x21 0xFF 0xC 0x2
waitstate
end

Well I did try that actually and it still just takes me to a black screen but maybe I'll try again.
thanks though!

karatekid552

Years
I am using Jpans engine and i added the usual bytes for surf although it now changes the OW to the bike and then freezes the player but animations still play....
I have tried other bytes. and it still does this.
Does anyone have any idea why it is doing this?

Easy, reset the var that controls byte ows to 0 using the setvar command in a script. There is also a byte that needs to be changed to FF in the routine, but I need to dig that up.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Has any workaround been found yet for the 25 slots between Celebi and Treecko? As far as I currently know, they're not allowed to be obtained because the Pokedex crashes the game when they are. They have to essentially be enemy trainer only.

karatekid552

Years
Has any workaround been found yet for the 25 slots between Celebi and Treecko? As far as I currently know, they're not allowed to be obtained because the Pokedex crashes the game when they are. They have to essentially be enemy trainer only.

You can also have them be evolutions and give pokemon stuff. They just can't be put in the position where their dex entries would be loaded. Unless you have Jambo51's asm skill, this is the best you can do.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
When I start a new game normally in Pokémon Emerald, and exit the truck... my Mom talks to me as soon as I exit the truck, and this begins a script that leads me inside the house.

I'm in the process of moving this event to another town. I've gotten as far as having the player exit the truck at the new location, and making the truck appear or disappear based on flags. However, so far I have NOT been able to find ANY method of triggering a script the moment you exit the truck (such as happens in the normal game). Putting a script on the title you start off on doesn't work, I've tried it... such a script only activates once you step off the tile and then move back onto it. :/

All that's covered in tutorials is how to make scripts that trigger when you step on a tile, read a sign, or talk to someone. I would have examined the script in the default game for hints, but I can't seem to find a script with that dialogue in the truck, OR on any NPC/script tile in Littleroot Town itself. So, I'm completely baffled as to how the game triggers this.

Is there a special method of making scripts trigger the moment you enter an area?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
When I start a new game normally in Pokémon Emerald, and exit the truck... my Mom talks to me as soon as I exit the truck, and this begins a script that leads me inside the house.

I'm in the process of moving this event to another town. I've gotten as far as having the player exit the truck at the new location, and making the truck appear or disappear based on flags. However, so far I have NOT been able to find ANY method of triggering a script the moment you exit the truck (such as happens in the normal game). Putting a script on the title you start off on doesn't work, I've tried it... such a script only activates once you step off the tile and then move back onto it. :/

All that's covered in tutorials is how to make scripts that trigger when you step on a tile, read a sign, or talk to someone. I would have examined the script in the default game for hints, but I can't seem to find a script with that dialogue in the truck, OR on any NPC/script tile in Littleroot Town itself. So, I'm completely baffled as to how the game triggers this.

Is there a special method of making scripts trigger the moment you enter an area?

Yes there is. The script you are looking for is called a Level Script. It's located in the Header part of A-Map. You should see the Level Script heading. Just scroll through them until you see the correct script.

Years
Still not working :/
I should put the script code(or what do you call that) in the person you want to become a trainer right?
And oh~ if you forget me, i'm the one who ask you about Trainer Limits thingy xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back