• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Or, he could use a pokémon he has already caught. This would allow an old pokémon to make a turn without him realistically catching a high-level pokémon. It would also be possible that Garchomp joins Ash at some point too.

I don't think Ash will have a mega-pokémon for a while. I also hope it's not Lucario, and only Korrina will have one in the anime.

Ash bringing his old pokemon before reaching the league !
Not gonna happen !!!
But it will take a lot of time for Ash to reach there .
Halting Ash megevolving until he reaching the league , not really a good idea.
About that Garchamp , Ash isn't Iris who get free high level fully evolve Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon .

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ash bringing his old pokemon before reaching the league !
Not gonna happen !!!
But it will take a lot of time for Ash to reach there .
Halting Ash megevolving until he reaching the league , not really a good idea.
About that Garchamp , Ash isn't Iris who get free high level fully evolve Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon .

Ash has used old pokémon again in the past, in fact you mentioned his Charizard in your last post - so why not?

He also has a Heracross and his own Gible still with Professor Oak (according to serebii) which would not be out of the question.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I think Ash should ether catch a Pangoro or Tyrantrum !
Specially if he get a Lucario because then his team will be more speed-based So he need to catch pokemon which has less speed but more power & defense .
Oversize Pokemon will allow the series to have more comedy if writer use it big height , heavy weight & scary appearance as Gag.
Example : Ash's Snorlax !!!!

Ash has used old pokémon again in the past, in fact you mentioned his Charizard in your last post - so why not?

He also has a Heracross and his own Gible still with Professor Oak (according to serebii) which would not be out of the question.

Again , You miss the point !
Ash never use his old pokemon until he reach the League .
I don't think it will be any different now .
After All , What is the point of leaving them behind if he start to use them in middle of his kalo journey.
But , Stopping Ash from megevolving his Pokemon until he reach the league , that sound stupid!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I'm really glad Ash got Froakie, and he seems such a great Pokemon too! I'm guessing Serena will be choosing Fennekin, so Chespin would be joining Ash's team, since there has to be a Pokemon with Vine Whip, hehe.

Oh and Flying-type too, of course, so Fletchling was an obvious capture, and I'm expecting to see it evolve into Talonflame in the near future.

I would absolutely love to see both Ash and Serena getting a male and female Meowstic, and it doesn't even seem that unrealistic, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed ^^

< Trick or Treat! >​

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm really glad Ash got Froakie, and he seems such a great Pokemon too! I'm guessing Serena will be choosing Fennekin, so Chespin would be joining Ash's team, since there has to be a Pokemon with Vine Whip, hehe.
I actually don't think Ash will be getting Chespin. There's a lot hinting that Clemont will have a Chespin instead; the Japanese opening almost confirms it.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I actually don't think Ash will be getting Chespin. There's a lot hinting that Clemont will have a Chespin instead; the Japanese opening almost confirms it.

Oh, that's true! That's pretty great then, each getting one of the starters. Watching the intro, it also seems like Bonnie gets Dedenne :)

Also, since James got Inkay (yay!), I'm wondering what Pokemon will Jessie be getting. I know Wobbuffet returned (yay again!), but I'm hoping she'll also get a new Pokemon. Maybe a Ghost-type, like Phantump or Pumpkaboo?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I see those two with James tbh considering his history. Jess I could see getting an older 'mon- maybe Mawile?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder which Grass type Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin !!!
There are 3 grass type and 2 of them are part ghost.
I think Pumpkaboo & Gourgeist are better choice for Ash.
It remain cute & marketable even after it evolution.
Plus , its learn so many good move including Flamethrower, its too good for Team Rocket .
As for Phantump , it seem more fiting for Team Rocket instate of Ash.
Skiddo & Gagoat suit Serena .
Man , I so wise if Ash catch another fire type call Litleo .

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah I cna't wait to see the evolution of froakie! Also, I hope to see a banchamp and a tyruyn somewhere.

Trick or Treat!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Anyone think Ash might get a talking Lucario just like the one from Movie Lucario & The Mystery of Mew''!
I mean Riley could talk to his Lucario to since they were connected by Aura so may be that can happen too.
May be , Ash can show the ability to understand ''Lucario'' speech and see though its memory like the Riolu from ''Pokemon ranger : Kidnapped Riolu'' !!!
It would cool if Ash turn out to be the reincarnation of Sir Aaron and The Lucario Korrina gives to Ash turn out to be the reincarnation of the Lucario who died the movie .

I wonder , How many people like Sir Aaron's Lucario enough to see him reborn again as Ash's Lucario ???

fireflower30

BACK FROM DA DEAD
Years
Iris's Return & Ash's Totodile Evolves + Ash's Team

As We Saw Ash's Chikorita Evolve Into Bayleef In Johnto, Ash's Cyndaquill Into Quillva In Sinnoh, Ash Will, Well Have His Totodile Evolve Into Crocanaw In Kalos! So, Yeah! As Ash's Kanto Team Returned For The Silver Conference, Ash's Kanto Team To Hoeen Team Returned For The Lily Of The Valley Conference, All Of Ash's Pokémon Will Probably Return For The Kalos Legue (S-Rank)

Next, Iris's Return

Iris Can Stay for Her Return Episode To The Post-Conference Episode 1.

Ash's Team:
Froakie→Frogaider→Greninja
Flectling→Flecthinder|Talonflame
Litleo→Pyroar
Eevee→Slveon
Goomy→Sliggo→Goodra
Chespin→Quilladin→Chesnaugt

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'm thinking Totodile will always remain unevolved. There's too much personality in Totodile for it to change. I can see where you're coming from, though. There is a possibility of it happening. I'd bet that Ash will get a Meganium before a Croconaw, however. Iris coming back could also happen, like how Dawn returned for a while during the Undella/PWT episodes. As far as Ash's team goes, I doubt he will get a Goodra. Ash and a pseudo legendary doesn't seem like a good mix. I'm undecided about the rest of your team speculation. I think Froaks may evolve once, but Grenimja could be possible.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The biggest question-

Which grass Type Pokemon Ash will catch now ???

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
Pokemon XY anime

Confusingly enough, on [website removed], the first two episodes of Pokemon XY aired completely out of order, followed by the rest of the BW episodes. These out of order eps revealed that, shockingly (pun intended), Clement is the male companion for Ash and is joined by his little sister, Bonnie. And then the female Trainer who will be accompanying Ash is Serena, who knows Ash from childhood. It has also been revealed that Ash catches a Fletchling, his Flying Type and Froakie, the starter Water Type. I hope that Froakie becomes Ash's first Water Type (starter) to evolve because I'm getting sick of these weak looking first evolved Pokemon like Totodile and Oshawott and such. Also, since Serena picks a Fennekin, Fletchling, after it evolves, might be Ash's Flying and Fire Type, which might leave Ash open to catching a Pokemon Type he has never acquired before, Ghost, Fairy, Steel or Psychic Type. There really aren't any Psychic Pokemon that I could see Ash catching. Maybe a Ralts or something, which would kill two birds with one stone, being a Psychic and Fairy Type. In fact, Ralts is the only Fairy or Psychic Type I could see him getting but on the other hand, I don't think he is going to catch any non-Kalos Pokemon. There aren't really any Steel Type Pokemon that I could see Ash catching from the Kalos Region. Honedge is a cool Pokemon but Ash usually doesn't catch Pokemon based on inanimate objects. I would like to see Ash catch Aron but again, I don't think it will happen. I could see Ash catching Phantump but not really any other Ghost Types.

My dream team for Ash at the end of Kalos (If all Pokemon are Kalos Pokemon)

Pikachu, Talonflame, Greninja, Chesnaught, Pyroar, Pangoro, Vivillion, Clawitzer.

My dream team for Ash at the end of Kalos (If Pokemon are Kalos as well as other Gen)

Pikachu, Talonflame, Greninja, Chesnaught, Pyroar, Hippowdon, An Eeveelution (Hopefully Flareon), Throh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
If you care to check out other threads in this section and its subsection, you'll see we have many topics about those episodes already, which were aired the weekend of the 19th to jump on the XY release hype. Regularly scheduled BW eps were finished after, and English XY should be continuing soon. And we have a Capture/Evolution/Release speculation thread, which I am going to merge your topic with. Be aware that almost nobody here is very careful with spoilers for Japanese episodes.

In regards to the Grass Type question- does he really need to catch one? It's very likely James will end up with one of the ghost/grass 'mon and Clemont with Chespin means there's enough featured grass types.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I will be really really MAD if Ash doesn't get a Espurr Or Meowstic !!!
I mean , Writer destroyed Unova League just to merchandise Eevee & Lucario .
And now when Ash can have a Marketable Pokemon like Meowstic as his first psychic type , Writer completely IGNORED that Opportunity .
Enough reason for me to be Mad & Angry .
During BW Series , I was excited because Ash might final catch a Ride-able Quadruped Pokemon like Samurott .
But it turn out that Writer decide to make a ''Brock'' out of Oshawott.
Ash need a ''Ride-able Quadruped Pokemon !!! not something like Rhyhorn Or Gogoat But something like Arcanine or Samurott .
Now My only hope is that Ash might catch a Pryroar even though the chance is 0 !!!
So Writer better give a Meowstic instate of giving him that same type of Pokemon he already has ! Like a Ground type for example.
Plus Female Mewostic can play the same role Ash's Snivy played during Unova .
And Snivy's personality was the best .

In regards to the Grass Type question- does he really need to catch one? It's very likely James will end up with one of the ghost/grass 'mon and Clemont with Chespin means there's enough featured grass types.

Ash always catch a Bird , Fire , Water & grass Pokemon from every region .
And now , Writer has the opportunity of giving Ash a Ghost type alone with Grass type.
Plus , Writer need cute Pokemon like ''Gourgeist'' to write as many Pikachu shot as they want.
In Unova , Ash & Clian had Grass type Pokemon but it didn't stop writer from giving Ash another Grass type Pokemon and James a grass type Pokemon.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, but they're trying to break the mold again and there aren't that many new Grass-Types. Why not give him some other 'mon that might better suit him instead of sticking with a dated structure? Has is always been their intent to give Ash a grass-type? Or has it been their intent to give him a team with good variety? They could easily build a team for him that covers a lack of an actual grass-type.

Years
I have to admit the big lack in new Pokemon is making Ash's team harder to predict this generation, especially if he's going to mainly be marketing Kalos Pokemon. If Ash doesn't catch Chespin (it looks likely to go to Clemont at this stage) then I think out of the remaining Kalos Grass lines (Pumpkaboo, Skiddo and Phantump) it'd most likely be Skiddo.

Remember the example with Hoenn, Ash got quite a diverse team because he only got one of the three starters (Treecko in that case) hence it allowed him to showcase other Pokemon. And because Fletchling evolves into a Fire-type I'm still wondering if he'll even catch a Fire-type (I think only new Fire line alongside Fennekin's line is Litleo) or they will break a trend of Ash catching a Fire-type so that Fletchling (his birds always evolve) can eventually be his Fire-type for this generation.

As for Clemont and Serena, I could see them catching some older-generation Pokemon.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't want to say that none of the Grass types in Kalos seem suitable enough to be owned by Ash since the writers can obviously give him whatever they want to (so long as it's not legendary), but if they had to then I'd love for it to be a Gourgeist he obtains in a trade. I could imagine in this scenario a trade between Ash and James where Ash trades James a Phantump he caught in a prior episode. I don't want to get into the specifics of what would lead for this to happen, but it'd be interesting if it did. Plus, I really want Ash to have a Ghost type that can be as fun as Haunter was in the Original Series.

Otherwise, I'd be okay if the writers decided to switch it up and break old traditions. Ash could easily use one of his old Grass types come the league if him having a Grass type Pokémon is so important.

Back