• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remember this

Honest

Hi!
Years
How good are you at memorizing things? It can be anything really, lines from a play, formulas for math, the colors on some random quilt, etc.

Personally, I'm okay. I memorized an entire monologue from Macbeth for Shakespeare class. Which prompted me to ask the entire world, of course

Years
I have to really, really practice to memorize something. My short-term memory kind of sucks. And even when I do I'll probably freak out about remembering it.

The best example of how much I can fail is the time I was in Awana(s)... it's a religious program kind of like scouts, where you get ranks for memorizing and reciting Bible verses. I never got very far because I was too lazy to memorize them. :p

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i can memorize things quite easily except some of maths formulas i just get confused and lines of play or something :P :P

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm amazing at remembering things. My memory is awesome. I remember entire speeches from the movie Erin Brockovich as well as being able to quote the entire movie My Girl 2 word for word from when I saw it as a child. I'm also fantastic with dates and birthdays and school work... all of it.

Be jealous, errybody :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I can't remember exact quotes, word-for-word things, dates, or official terminology (for the most part). But! I can remember facts, procedures, events, and exact details of stories/quotes/things (though not word-for-word). And I remember those very, very well. I have fairly accurate recollection of any episode of any show I have actively watched. I passively memorize facts and procedures without realizing it until prompted to supply them. If I get talking about a subject I will surprise myself with the amount of things I know about it. Thing is, though, I don't remember things I actively study. I just can not do that. I can listen to a lecture and absorb everything, but if I try to remember something it will not happen.

It's a bit ridiculous and not actually very useful tbh.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I have excellent autobiographical memory which I can use to reconstruct conversations to recall facts, or entire days. It doesn't work quite as well on stuff I read, unless there are at least moderate emotions attached to it (history > math for example). I don't know how to explain it, but my long term memory is extremely good.

Conversely, my short term memory is probably average or lower. In the word memorization game in Brain Age my past 3 scores were 22/30, 25/30 and 20/30 words, for example, and that's only because the game gives you 2 minutes to study them which I use to connect the words to emotions or past conversations.

Last edited:
Years
The more important something is the more trouble I have remembering it. Like the pressure of making sure I remember something causes my brain to get all cross-wired or something. I'm much better at trivial stuff, but even then I'm not great or anything.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm somewhat good at memorizing things like directions or if it's related to one of my interests. I tend to forget several things after a few days, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
My memory's nothing short of amazing nowadays as far as visuals go, both a blessing and a curse tbh.

Last edited:
Years
I don't know, I think my memory is selectively good. I can still remember and recite my lines from my class doing Romeo and Juliet about five years ago, and I can even remember some of my lines from my 4th grade Christmas play. I'm also pretty good at remembering anything like directions, or anything really as long as I've written it down at one point.

On the other side, I honestly couldn't tell you what I had for lunch two days ago, or even some of my close but extended family member's birthdays. It would be nice if my brain was good consistently across the board...

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
My memory's pretty good; I can remember everything I see whether I want to or not. However, if I want to remember instructions or something I've heard or read (unless it was something that really caught my interest) I have to write it down or have a rhythm/song to remember it with. From there I can recite it on demand.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'll be honest - when it comes to things that I obviously don't care about, I don't try to remember them. Of course, things that I do care about/make an effort to try to be apart of, I remember it without any effort. My short term and long term memory are both equally efficient, though I tend to forget smaller things pretty easily, but I've grown to relate that with just being lazy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I guess I can memorized more trivial things and have more difficulty learning things that actually matter. Birthdays, favorites, little facts, sure. However, math, sciences ... the things that can actual put you forward in life not so much. It could be due to my interests which aren't very far and large really.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Academic work, I suck at it. I can't for the life of me read something and recollect it for a test. Then again, I hate the way schools function in that regard where the only thing that matters is if you got the answer right or wrong and not how you got to your answer.

Everything else I'm pretty good at. I can memorize routes I take for the very first time to places I've never been before if I'm concentrated enough, and I memorized the entire script to Aladdin in 8th grade before even auditioning.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm absolutely terrible.
men-in-black-meme-generator-just-look-into-the-light-b86e2a.jpg

That's basically me for almost everything.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm pretty bad at recalling information in general. If I don't keep refreshing my mind about something I've learned it just disappears eventually. I find myself doing some coding that I was once extremely good at, then forgetting how to even begin. Though I suffer most with academics, if I don't like what I'm studying I'll most likely not remember it at all. Which is why I found my final exams in school so nonsensical, as there's a lot of people out there who don't fare well in exams based on how well you memorize text upon a page.

Back