• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Have You Caught A Legendary Hound? (Entei, Suicune, Raikou)

Years
Well I haven't played through LeafGreen in quite some time, though I remember catching Suicune in it in one file. I remember how shocked I was the first time I encountered him- at that stage, I didn't use the internet and so I had no idea that you could catch a Legendary Beast. I also had no idea that only ONE of them appeared (the one that was strong against your starter), so I was kinda expecting to find the other two, but of course that didn't happen.

It was funny when I did encounter him, though- I was just about to venture into Cerulean Cave, and SOMETHING brought me to the route just to the left of Cerulean City for whatever reason, and.. Suicune appeared. I just used a Master Ball right away, since.. I wasn't in the mood to chase him, and was prepared to catch Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball anyway. :)

Years
well I catched suicune like 2-3 weeks ago and I was SOOOOOOOOOO ****ing dumb
I was like running in grass with repels for like 1 hour but then I realized that in fron of my party there was a mewtwo which was level 70 and you're pokemon at the fron hast to be level 50 or lower and then I was like ;OSKGHBNSKJ KDSDB GKSNV V NGFBHGCBLbNG
and then I got it in like 5 wasted repels when I put my victrebell in fron (which was level 47)

squirrelfeet

i never encountered them in GenIII. I could never find them for some reason...After catching all 3 in Silver then Crystal, I intentionally defeated Suicune, Entei and Raikou in SS and got the Shiny event ones instead. I did like how Entei turned the water red if you fought him while surfing.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't really use them once I catch them so I don't really make that much of an effort to find them. If they come, alright, I'll chuck some sort of ball at it but I won't go chasing it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I never got one in FRLG. I don't like them enough to even get to the point where I can, haha. I know I've run into my respective dog before, but never got it. Also, please keep this a FRLG topic, not GSC/HGSS! :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I haven't in FRLG. I don't really intend to since I'm too lazy to look for them plus with the Gen III Roar Glitch makes it more of challenge.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I didn't spend much time in Kanto after the E4, but I did run into Entei once. I had no Masterball, nor the patience to continue to track him. :P

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
.....This is a first for me.....I had absolutely no idea. I probably would've just stored it in my PC if I did catch it back when I was playing Fire Red furiously, mainly because I like Entei, and because I pick Charmander, I would have always gotten suicune.

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2012
Suicune, but I accidentally fainted it. I had used my Master Ball on Mewtwo and kept trying to get it down to where I could use a great ball (the only ball I had left) but then I got frustrated that I couldn't catch it, so I started attacking it again. All but my Dragonite were fainted at this point, too.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I was doing something in the routes near Vermilion city,can't remember.But i was so surprised when i ran into Suicune.I don't remember what i caught it with though.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Yah, I caught Suicune in my Silver a long time ago. It was the only of the three beasts I ever encountered, and I was really happy anyways, because it was the one whose design I liked the most. It took me quite a while before I caught it, because I had to realise I could track it down through the Pokedex first, and I didn't think of any strategies to help me catch it, so mainly I just went looking for it and threw Pokeballs at it untill I caught it. I later learned of the cloning trick, which could be a way to clone masterballs too through one of my friends, whom I then helped catching the three beasts of his game. But in my own game, only ever Suicune.

Years
I can say that I have effectively failed at the task of capturing the legendary dogs/hounds. By the time when one was able to catch them I had already used my master ball so I would have to use Ultra Balls and they always failed. At some point in FR/LG I got tired of trying to catch them and did other things.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I've caught all three before, in my G/S/C games. I never encountered them in FRLG though.

gossamer

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've caught a Suicune in my FireRed and Entei in my LeafGreen. It's what I always keep my Master Ball for, which makes Mewtwo an absolute pain to catch.. "^^

Back