• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Prototype

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
Yeah I'll try it. Ive been looking for a good hack with mew & mewtwo as the plot

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
I'm not going to play the Red gen.II graphics patch. But don't worry, I have been keeping up with this hack. I can't wait until it is completed. I hope you put out good work for this hack and many other future hacks.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
Ohh and if its possible could you make pokemon that evolve by trade evolve normally. I'd love a gengar :P

I applied the patch but it doesnt have a different title screen or plot. The graphics are different thought is that all that was implemented in the demo so far?>

Last edited by a moderator:

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not going to play the Red gen.II graphics patch. But don't worry, I have been keeping up with this hack. I can't wait until it is completed. I hope you put out good work for this hack and many other future hacks.
Thank you very much!

Ohh and if its possible could you make pokemon that evolve by trade evolve normally. I'd love a gengar :P
Yes, my game already includes the ability for the four trade evolution Pokemon to evolve by level.
(which you would know if you read the first page of comments.... -_- )

I applied the patch but it doesnt have a different title screen or plot. The graphics are different thought is that all that was implemented in the demo so far?>
You're talking about the Gen. II graphics patch, right?
Well, yes.. it only updates the graphics... hence the name??
If you go to the graphics patch's thread, did you even read the first post? I explicitly disclaim that the graphics patch is not directly related to Prototype and does not have any of the storyline or map changes or anything like that. It plays exactly like the original Pokemon Red. But it has all the big features implimented in Prototype such as 6x6 backsprites and trainers in full color etc... which you would know if you read the readme or the first post of the graphics patch....

And I'm positive that if you look closer, you'll notice the titlescreen is different. It doesn't look like Prototype's titlescreen obviously, but the "POKéMON" title is greatly improved (actually taken from GSC) and the Charmander on the titlescreen in the new GSC sprite.

Also, the first post was about this hack, sure. But your second post was about the graphics patch, so it belongs in the graphics patch's thread.
Also, there's an edit button.. No need to double post after just ten minutes... >.<

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
sorry i didnt see the reply to the person where you said you would add the evolutions but it was kind of hidden. Also i got confused because you said "Try what ive done so far" and called it the demo so i thought it was part of prototype.

Last edited:

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
When this is done, message me and playing shall commence!!!!
I promise I will! :)
sorry i didnt see the reply to the person where you said you would add the evolutions but it was kind of hidden. Also i got confused because you said "Try what ive done so far" and called it the demo so i thought it was part of prototype.
Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry for sounding snobbish before. I was out of line.
This hack it seems very interesting how is the progress coming along?
Thank you! And I've had trouble finding time to work on this lately. This is my second semester of senior year and I have a lot of end of the year projects, and there are a lot of math team and science club competitions picking up so my weekends haven't been very free lately. I work on it when I can, but no exciting progress lately. :P
Your hack is a master piece!
Haha, thanks alot! Have you tried out the graphics patch?

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
That would be spectacular! I'll keep in touch with you, and let you know as soon as I have some real gameplay ready for a public release! :) Thanks!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Wow, It's not often you get to see a well done Red Hack, or a GB hack for that matter.

Well done! :3

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
alright thank you so much
No, thank you! I'll try my best to have something playable this summer. (first two gyms at least?)

This is still looking amazing! Hope to see more progress soon.
Yeah, I want all of you to know I am not gone, I've just been busy. This is my senior year of high school and I have been far too busy this semester to work on this. But I have three weeks of high school left as of today and then I'll be working hard on this again!

hmm... you should have add some more event about mewtwo....
What do you mean? My summary of the storyline should go more in depth on how Mewtwo is involved? Or the actual game should include him more? Because he is definitely heavily included in the game.

Love the Team Rocket's role in this hack, keep it up. :)
Thanks! I spent a long time ironing out the storyline details :)

Wow, It's not often you get to see a well done Red Hack, or a GB hack for that matter.

Well done! :3
Thank you so much! I'll try not to disappoint you!

Back