• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New evolution methods.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
After walking X amount of steps, valueY increases by 1.
If valueY>setnumber
and
If Pokemon Y's Level>integer
Then PokemonY evolves into PokemonY2.

That would be nice. Also, fusion evolution!!!
I can see that working. Or maybe they can have a part in game utilizing play coins we gain from walking steps. After gaining a certain amount of coins we can get the proffesor or who it is to evolve our pokemon! After all Nintendo likes to have people run and do other sports it seems.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I call for evolution ONLY while holding a Fire Stone, knowing the move Flash Fire, and ONLY at Lv.50 for a super-psuedo legendary. If any of these are not true, no evolution.

...ah, well, that would never happen. But hey...we can be creative, right? I honestly don't know what else could be introduced other than introducing new evolution-inducing items, maybe another Stone (the God Stone...no, wait...), or something.

Cyclone

droomph

weeb
Years
Let's see…(please pay attention Game Freak!)

1) Weather is random, like rain (eg some places it doesn't rain, but in the places that do, it's totally random and with the seasons), and whenever you're in a certain climate, you have the chance to evolve the Pokémon. Not being able to evolve Pokémon for one or two months is a drag (snow in the summer?!) but the sheer awesomeness (for me at least) would make up for that.

2) Trade, but only with GTS. That would be cool, though I can see people abusing that sort of thing like they already have.

3) Trade, between languages. If this is about "worldwide" and "3D" and "connected" and stuff, how about trading through languages? That's a way to unite the whole world through your games!

4) Battle a certain amount - doesn't matter friendship, nor level - if you battle "x" times, your Pokémon will evolve regardless. Seems kinda…what's that word ¬¬…oh right, relevant. Anyways, seems kinda relevant if the legendary theme is based on Nordic mythology. Not being racist lol, you have to admit Thor and Odin and all those people are kinda war-like for their part. Or any mythological gods, for that matter, just because.

5) Have your Pokémon faint a certain amount of times. Failing is another way to learn! Then again, PETA will be all over that…

I'm out of ideas.

KazukoHimura

"I guess I'm just a bit hungry..."
Years
Hm, not just the play coins idea, but how about evolving if you go a certain number of steps...or maybe given that the 3DS has both cameras and QR code readers, maybe if you scan enough QR codes? (regardless of if they're normal or special 3DS codes or if they're supported or not). If the latter's the case, those who have access to Bulbapedia (I currently don't, due to browser locking me out) can just scan the heck out of those Pokedex 3D QR codes.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Another evolution method?

God forbid!

I'm having a hard time getting all evoltions as is ):

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybye they will interprate a evasion ppercentace in, pojemon evolves after levelnup over certain evaision percenrage

idk that sounds... kind of hard? Or at least I'm not sure why they would do something so specific unless it's something with super high evasion which would be scary competitively :x

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I liked stones so I hope there are new stones to evolve.. or more day/night/season/place evolutions. I am not a fan of "trade for this pokemon/ trade this pokemon holding this item" to be honest. Maybe I'm just a hermit player though! Haha!

Or maybe something like hitmon-chan/lee/top would be cool!

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
honestly don't know how GameFreak cold expand on how to evolve Pokemon. It would be cool if there was a new way, but I can't think of any.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
DNA!!!!1!!!!!!! you bring it to a lab and they mess with its DNA and evolve it for you

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Hope there's not any. Last time Gamefreak thought of something, it was "trade Karrablast for a Shelmet", which, well, sucked.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hope there's not any. Last time Gamefreak thought of something, it was "trade Karrablast for a Shelmet", which, well, sucked.

Well actually, what I was thinking was trading a Pokémon like Pachirisu for a Emolga would make both of those Pokémon evolve into the same new evolution of the Pokémon, unlike how Karrablast evolves into Escavalier and Shelmet evolved into Accelgor in Black/White. Which was between two Pokémon, but this one I'm thinking about is just one evolution, no matter which way you trade Pachirisu for Emolga or Emolga for Pachirisu.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well actually, what I was thinking was trading a Pokémon like Pachirisu for a Emolga would make both of those Pokémon evolve into the same new evolution of the Pokémon, unlike how Karrablast evolves into Escavalier and Shelmet evolved into Accelgor in Black/White. Which was between two Pokémon, but this one I'm thinking about is just one evolution, no matter which way you trade Pachirisu for Emolga or Emolga for Pachirisu.
In order for this to be done, there would need to be some sort of special item included. Otherwise what would be the reason they hadn't evolved in trade prior to these games?

That said, I don't think I'm on board with the idea of two different Pokémon like Pachirisu and Emolga evolving into the same thing. I don't think there's much appeal there. It sort of makes the other Pokémon redundant in a way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How about having a Pokemon only evolve after battling a certain Pokemon? Or one that only evolves over water/while Surfing?

I like the idea of a surfing evolution however I think underwater might be more likely as surfing world make it really easy :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe a Pokemon can only evolve during a certain season or by defeating a certain pokemon, like it's natural rival.

Evolving by defeating the natural rival would be interesting for Seviper and Zangoose, actually. I mean, each of them would thus have to evolve into something that'd beat the original. So poison/fighting, and ground/normal! And if that happened for other rivals that could be an interesting (though tiring) evolutionary method, just due to what can come from it really.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Maybe in double battles, if two of a certain pokemon use an attack on eachother, they will fuse together - thus evolving into a new pokemon! :)
I can imagine this working with three magnemites or two beldums!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It could be a special attack, not really like any old attack, but something along the lines of "magnet fusion" "steel fusion" etc, depending on what fuses. Might be a little too complicated, though, given that you'd need double battles for it for the most part. :(

Back