• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
That's pretty weird because it's the exact same connection. In addition, my 3DS connects to the wi-fi automatically before I launch Black. Still the hearts were red.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
In Nuvema Town, my Dowsing machine keeps detecting an item in the southwest corner that seems to be completely blocked off by a wall. Does anyone with an Action Replay know what that thing is?

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
What happens if I DO NOT wake a Pokemon from being tucked in to Dream World? Will i still be able to do my Dream world thing?

In Nuvema Town, my Dowsing machine keeps detecting an item in the southwest corner that seems to be completely blocked off by a wall. Does anyone with an Action Replay know what that thing is?

That would be an item FOUND while going to south-east Route 17, as accessed BEFORE entering that gatehouse.

SURF is needed to get to that area. A skinny sort of path along the rocky cliff on one side, trees on the other. Happy hunting ^__^

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What happens if I DO NOT wake a Pokemon from being tucked in to Dream World? Will i still be able to do my Dream world thing?

When you hit Game Sync, you only have the option to wake up your Pokemon if you haven't done so yet, so you will automatically if you want to tuck another in and do the Dream World again.

Before I transfer all my Pokemon from Soul Silver to White, will the notched-ear Pichu remain notched-ear?

No, it won't, from what I read. :/

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
No, You cannot transfer the notched-ear Pichu to White. It wont allow it. It's just like trading it to another game.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
If they would ban me because I use an Acekard, would that mean I will be just unable to use Wi-Fi or will they somehow ban my game?

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
If i EV train my yanmask to its limited on Sp.attack will i be able to push it to a second limit once it evolves?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If i EV train my yanmask to its limited on Sp.attack will i be able to push it to a second limit once it evolves?

No, evolution doesn't reset EVs, so you can still only have the max 255 (252) in each stat.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
There is a man in Opelucid city who says he needs a pokemon who knows charge from a futuristic world, do i need to give a a pokemon that know charge from black version or what?

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
Years
Destiny Bond and still lose?

Me and my brother was battling and we were both down to our last pokemon. As a battle strategy (and refusing to lose) I decided to use destiny bond. We both ended up fainting our last pokemon from me using the move. Thinking it was going to be a draw, the screen came up saying that my brother won and I lost. How did this happen?! I mean, I read all over the internet and it said that whoever faints from the move Destiny Bond will faint before the pokemon that uses the move. But it also says that they faint at the same time. But I still lost and I was the one that used the move. Can someone explain to me why this happened?

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Me and my brother was battling and we were both down to our last pokemon. As a battle strategy (and refusing to lose) I decided to use destiny bond. We both ended up fainting our last pokemon from me using the move. Thinking it was going to be a draw, the screen came up saying that my brother won and I lost. How did this happen?! I mean, I read all over the internet and it said that whoever faints from the move Destiny Bond will faint before the pokemon that uses the move. But it also says that they faint at the same time. But I still lost and I was the one that used the move. Can someone explain to me why this happened?

Might be a Self KO Clause.

Self-KO Clause (also known as Kamikaze Clause): The player automatically loses if his last Pokémon uses Selfdestruct or Explosion. Destiny Bond and Perish Song also fail when used by the last Pokémon.

@hiff8:

That would be correct. The easiest one to do would be Klink, since it already knows Charge when you catch it.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
My POKERUS

I was EV training my Yamask so i put him in team of 100% pokerus infected pokemon after i finish i got to put some back in box and notice NONE of them have pokerus anymore WTF happend????!!?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
I was EV training my Yamask so i put him in team of 100% pokerus infected pokemon after i finish i got to put some back in box and notice NONE of them have pokerus anymore WTF happend????!!?
Must have hit midnight (00:00) with those pokemon outside of the PC. When this happens, pokemon lose the ability to spread pokerus to other pokemon. This is indicated (at least it was in gen 4, not sure in gen 5) by a small yellow smiley face in the summary.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Adding on to the above poster, whatever Pokemon that has the smiley will still have the effects of Pokerus, but it wont be able to spread it anymore.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Thanks that was helpful 1 more question completly unrelated if you go to the marvoules bridge there will be a man and a woman standing side by side talk to the man he will say the scenery is gorgeous talk to the woman( or get close to her ) her image flickers and disappears he says "did did she just disappear?" and then she reappears later my guess is that it is the mystery event pokemon Keledo cause shes staring at the sea and its a water type am i right?

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Thanks that was helpful 1 more question completly unrelated if you go to the marvoules bridge there will be a man and a woman standing side by side talk to the man he will say the scenery is gorgeous talk to the woman( or get close to her ) her image flickers and disappears he says "did did she just disappear?" and then she reappears later my guess is that it is the mystery event pokemon Keledo cause shes staring at the sea and its a water type am i right?

Actually no. I think you're talking about something else. The girl is actually a ghost (as explained by an old lady), that used to play with her ABra before the bridge was built.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Is it possible to EV train a Pokemon after it has reached level 100?

Yup, in this game, unlike the others, EVs are calculated after every battle so you can EV train level 100s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back