• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Let's not forget that competitively Ice, one of Dragon's previously-only-two weaknesses was one of the worst defensive types due to the commonplace Flamethrowers, Close Combat, and Fire Blasts. Fairy only having to worry about Poison and Steel, the least used offensive types, is pretty handy if you ask me.

It's even more worse when consider that Ice's only major use competitively was being used as a coverage move, notably through non-Ice Pokemon that learn Ice Beam and such, mainly Water-types. Having Fairy being weak to the least used offensive types means they can stand up to Dragons better plus quite a good amount of Fairy-types have some variety in their moves, notable ones being Togekiss, Clefable and Slurpuff due to their versatile movepools.

Years
What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle?

I've had so much fun with Moonblast in the games that you don't even know. Most of the fairies I've used dominated battles even against opponents that they're weak against.. though Drasna's Dragalge certainly gave me problems. I didn't run into many steel types throughout the game either so using a fairy was quite handy most of the time. And hey, who doesn't like being able to kick a dragon's butt so easily when things get tough? :D;

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
More Fairy humor:
1451560_430003597129150_1721985324_n.jpg

Years
Username: Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
Why you like Fairies: Because they have really useful type effectiveness (Dragon, Dark and Frighting) and they looks cool and cute
Answer a Topic!:
What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle?Pritty Awesome and seem like Heavy Duty Attacking Pokemon Moonblast is a great sp atk move and Play rough is great for atk and deadly at the hands of Mega Mawile. Dazling Gleam is amazing for Double and Triple Battles attacking all opponents but not harming any of your pokemon.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott
Why you like Fairies: Because they are so cute and they can easily beat dragon,Fighting, and Dark type pokemon. aand also bcuz most of them has pink-white color scheme :p
Answer a Topic!: What is your favorite Fairy type? Why?
Whimsicott and Togekiss...cant choose between them. <3 They both have amazing designs <33

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Username: Minzy
Partner Pokemon: Mawile
Why you like Fairies: Every single one of them is the epitome of adorable - except maybe Klefki, it's just a keychain haha - and I really love cute Pokemon. As well, Fairy is a pretty resilient type considering it has only two weaknesses and a heap of immunities. The attacks available to Fairy-types also sound cute; Baby-Doll Eyes? Nothing beats that, you must admit.
What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?: Probably Togekiss or Mawile. I like them both equally, I think. Togekiss' evolutionary line has always been one of my favorites, because they're so adorable and I appreciated having Togepi as an egg in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal and I really loved it when I got it in FR/LG... somehow. I can't remember now, lol. But anyway, the line was made even better in DPPt cuz Togekiss is so versatile and huggable-looking. Mawile is flat out cool and always has been. It'll forever be my go-to moe. :}

CloysterOyster said:

Reminds me of

2013-06-21.jpg

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Here are all 3 of my Fairy monotype teams

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Yay, more members! Glad to see so many more fans of the Fairy type here, and I hope you all are having a great holiday season!
As it is the season, I have flown back home for Christmas, and due to that will be on a little less than I normally am. So, I ask that you all just please keep to the rules of this thread, please continue to discuss the topics on fairy types, you may continue to post cute/funny pictures (as long as they are PC appropriate), and I will give out two more topics for discussion!

What is your favorite Fairy type team?

Which Fairy type Pokemon do you find to be the best battler?

Happy holidays everyone, and be safe!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

Fairy-type team? I haven't used them enough to form an opinion, but I will tell you that Xerneas is the best Fairy to use in battle. Xerneas + Power Herb + Geomancy + Moonblast = instant KO for the opposing team. I used the same combo against people and wiped out half or more than half of their teams before they forfeited. Xerneas has to be the most powerful Pokemon in recent history, and of generation VI.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I haven't used enough Fairies to really build a team yet. I may do a Fairy type mono challenge. So I may have a team after that.

Gardevoir this thing is a beast. It's movepool is diverse enough to cover most threats. With 165 base Sp.A in its Mega Form it's an incredible sweeper. 2nd would have to be Azumarill for mainly the same reasons only on the Physical side.

Years

Mega
Mawile, with those insane Attack stats the things like a Tiger II Tank. Good user of Sucker Punch to, so a great counter to Ghost and Physic threats. The strong attack stats plus STAB bonus are ideal with those normally weak Steel attacks.

Years

Gardevoir definitely, for same reasons as stated by Christopher. It's got a movepool diverse enough to cover most threats, and once it gets Hyper Voice its Mega form will be breaking through Substitutes like no tomorrow. Azumarill also gets a mention thanks to its amazing physical strength due to Huge Power.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Togekiss. It just has to be. With combination of Serene Grace, Thunder Wave, and Air Slash, it could take away all chances of your opponents landing hits on you and defeat them without any sort of trouble. Togekiss could learn Roost, too. With this move, it should be able to recover itself whenever it needs to and always keep itself healthy. :] Sylveon would have to be my favorite, too. I've used it many times while battling online; it performs pretty decently.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Togekiss. It just has to be. With combination of Serene Grace, Thunder Wave, and Air Slash, it could take away all chances of your opponents landing hits on you and defeat them without any sort of trouble. Togekiss could learn Roost, too. With this move, it should be able to recover itself whenever it needs to and always keep itself healthy. :] Sylveon would have to be my favorite, too. I've used it many times while battling online; it performs pretty decently.

Fully agreed, except that I don't make use of Roost/T-Wave at all when I used Togekiss. :P

Another really good one is Mega-Mawile. Put that beast under TR and it pretty much has it's way with any Pokemon that /thinks/ it can switch in and do anything!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'd have to say that for me, it's gotta be Klefki. Sure maybe not as an offensive presence, but it serves its purpose as a physical wall pretty damn well. Prankster Thunder Wave, Spikes, Substitute, Calm Mind, Torment, Light Screen + Reflect, Swagger, Toxic, and Switcheroo are all of its useful non attacking moves, and it's a beast to try and stop it from setting anything up.

Plus not to mention the access to Draining Kiss and Foul Play. Draining kiss sapping HP from the Pokemon and actually giving you back a whopping 75% of the damage dealt by it, combined with Klefki's low HP stat makes for a huge recovery rate for Klefki. Not to mention when paired with leftovers and Substitute.

Klefki is just an amazing force in battle. It really is, if you haven't already tried one.

Years

I'll be creating a fairy team relatively soon.. whenever I complete my mountain dex in X, that is. No movesets or held items have been decided yet but this is my plan:

Sylveon with Pixilate, Timid or Modest, female
Azumarill with Huge Power, Jolly, female
Florges with Flower Veil, Calm, female
Whimsicott with Prankster, Bold, female (have this baby thanks to Jell!)

Aaand that's what has been planned so far. :) Probably going to put Dedenne and Gardevoir or Togekiss in there somewhere as well.

Mega Mawile without question.. but Azumarill has gotten really buffed with the addition of its fairy typing too. Huge Power for Mawile makes it quite the threat and Azumarill can also take advantage of the same ability + Play Rough to utilize their immense attack stats. Whoa!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If I were to create a team based on fairy-types only, it would include Whimsicott, Aromatisse, Togekiss, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, and Clefable. Clefable has Magic Guard and Unaware (which are two, great abilities, in my opinion), and with access to moves like Wish, Cosmic Power, Aromatherapy, and Thunder Wave, it could make quite an amazing wall. As for the rest, their job would be to just take out the opponent's Pokémon.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Oh my gosh, the OP looks so pretty ♥

Username: Miau
Partner Pokemon: Edelweiss the Florges
Why you like Fairies: They're cute, but can hit really hard. And I love all the different inspirations behind each Fairy-type Pokemon, and how even though there aren't many of them, they're very diverse, from delicate flowers like Floette, to the trickster Whimsicott and just look at Carbink and Klefki!

What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?
I love Florges, it just looks so beautiful in all the pretty colors, I had a White flower Florges in X, that I raised from a teeny tiny Flabebe that I caught early in the game. She proved to be really great in battle too, she was in my first Hall of Fame team!

Design-wise, I also like Spritzee/Aromatisse a lot, and out of the re-typed Pokemon, Clefable and Whimsicott are definitely my favorites.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome MIAU! Sorry I was gone for a while everybody. But I finally graduated hairdressing school!
So to celebrate, I'm giving a new topic, and a little present will be coming soon for all existing members! c:

If given the opportunity from Nintendo to make your own Fairy-type Pokemon, what would it be? Moveset? Egg moves? Base stats? Place it all in a spoiler for everyone to see! Write a description on how it would look!

My own:
Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: Lilith
Partner Pokemon:
K0lA6OW.png

Why you like Fairies: They are cute and mystical! I wanted to use Florges in XY from the start, and then Luke traded me a shiny blue Flabebe, wheee!
Answer a Topic!: What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?
Oh maaan. I love Whimsicott, Mega-Gardevoir, Mega-Mawile, Togekiss, Florges, Clefable, Azumarill, and Sylveon. They all have adorable expressions and designs. I love how some draw their power from the moon or even from their emotions, such as Gardevoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back