• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[TehTehTehTeh's] XSE Basic/Medium tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2008
i tried putting the script but after everything the script does not work in the game.
(i walk over the supposed script tile but nothing happens)

#dynamic 0x??????

#org @begin
lock
message @stop
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0
release
end

#org @stop
= I should take my pokemon \non the table first.

#org @move
#raw 0x10 0xFE

and how do i make it so that i cannot pass this script without taking my pokemon?
the take pokemon script is success.

'-----------------------
#org 0x??????
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x871AED1 '"Guess I'll use Larvitar today."
callstd 0x6
givepokemon 0xF6 0x5 0xCB 0x0 0x0 0x0
hidesprite 0x1
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x71AED1
= Guess I'll use Larvitar today.

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
i tried putting the script but after everything the script does not work in the game.
(i walk over the supposed script tile but nothing happens)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Well its pretty easy 2 say wats wrong
did u compile it with those question marks for the offset? thts wat i goota ask
then if u did go into FSF if u have it or go into AdvanceMap and search for free space (in AdvMap go to the magnifine glass) for this script it would be something like oh probably 500 - 1000 bytes

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2008
Well, it's kinda obvious i used an actual offset.

And i just tried using a 500 byte space offset, but my body hangs when i step on the tile while the game music plays as normal.

so it's kinda no diff to all the times i trial and error.
still need help *sobs*

thx anyway

Years
  • ny
  • Seen Jun 30, 2009
best tut ever

this is the best tut ever i cant wait till the next 3 parts it taught me how to script easily but it will take me some time to remeber all the stuff haha but yea thanks

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years

And i just tried using a 500 byte space offset, but my body hangs when i step on the tile while the game music plays as normal.

still need help *sobs*

thx anyway

well then u have a problem in AdvMap
click on the script tile and you have to fill the variable boxes(i think thts what its called) like if its (Example) in Pallet Town the one where oak gets u to his lab has 4050 in one and 0003 in another (but this would only work in the 3.0 map bank for some reason (thts how it works for me anyway)

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014

still need help *sobs*

thx anyway

Spoiler:

This worked perfectly on my ROM.
Put the Unknown: 0003
and the varnumber: 5040, 4050, or 7C40.
When you did the givepokemon script, did you put setflag 0x828 before the release command?
Sorry it didn't help.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Spoiler:

This worked perfectly on my ROM.
Put the Unknown: 0003
and the varnumber: 5040, 4050, or 7C40.
When you did the givepokemon script, did you put setflag 0x828 before the release command?
Sorry it didn't help.
Another pointless tidbit of information, when you are scripting a line of movements in XSE (example #raw 0x10 0xFE )
You can get rid of the 0x parts, because anything after #raw, XSE reads as hex.
(#raw 10 FE )
Saves time I think, but try 0300 as the Unknown as well. (If the other one, 0003 doesn't work.
( I know I gave a lot of useless info, but I think removing 0x from movement codes are faster) Lawl

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2008
Give Pokemon, Wild Battle

Try this for givepokemon:
givepokemon 0x9 0x70 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
and then for battle:
wildbattle 0x250 0x70 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

Hi I'm having a problem scripting every time I click on the guy or pokemon to activate the script it won't active meaning it won't give the the blastoise or I can't fight Ho-oh (note: It was a test run)

#dynamic 0x3B4DF4

#org @emergencygivepokemon
lock
faceplayer
message @give
boxset 6
givepokemon 9 70 0 0 0 0
release
end

#org @give
= Quick!/pTake Blastoise to kill/nHo-oh!

Ho-Oh script:

#dynamic 0x3B4DF5

#org @bossfight
lock
faceplayer
message @Ho-Oh
boxset 6
cry 0xA1 250
nop
nop
wildbattle 250 70 0 0 0 0
fadescreen 0
#raw 53 0F 80
setflag 200
release
end

#org @Ho-Oh
= HO-OH: KYOOOO

and also I can't press the compile button because it won't come up, but the debug thing next to it when I click on it it compiles

also I downloaded this from studio pokemon XSE

I am not sure why this does not work.
I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out.
I am only a beginner at scripting.

#Dynamic 0x9C8E80
#org @start
checkflag 0x860
if 0x0 goto @hey!
if 0x1 goto @end
end
#org @hey!
lock
msgbox @icant
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @back
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @icant
= I can't go out of (name) town/nwithout a pokemon.
#org @back
#raw 0x00 0xFE
#org @end
release
end

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ok, some info to anyone who has trouble compiling scripts in XSE.
When you want to compile, and the compile button doesn't pop up, that means your ROM is not loaded.
But get this, you don't NEED to load your ROM in order to compile.
You can save your script (Like you should anyway) into a folder, somewhere on your computer.
Then, you can go to "Tools" and select "Batch Compiler" Then, simply choose the ROM, and the folder where your scripts are saved.
The scripts will be shown in a list, with check boxes next to them.
Check off each script that you want to compile, and it will compile them to the rom.

There is a bod thing doing this though.
If your Offsets are the same thing. (example, I use the word start for almost all of my beginning offsets.

Example of script:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start )
If they are all the same, it will be a bit difficult locating and telling apart your scripts.

The good thing about doing batch compiling, is that you can compile large numbers of scripts into your ROM at once!

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
This was something I was looking for today!
Thanks a lot, I was thinking of making the transferring of scripting from Poke Script to XSE.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
This was something I was looking for today!
Thanks a lot, I was thinking of making the transferring of scripting from Poke Script to XSE.
I just realized that that would be a great, and helpful program! (Unfortunately, I can't use Visual Basic, because my PC is just to slow, Almost to slow to even run an emulator to test my ROMs)
But if you need help transferring a Pokescript into XSE format, I could do it.

Also, Does anyone know of a programing language, that I can use to make programs, that would work on a slow PC. (I think mine has like, either 256mb of RAM, or 512mb of RAM, really slow you see...)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I just realized that that would be a great, and helpful program! (Unfortunately, I can't use Visual Basic, because my PC is just to slow, Almost to slow to even run an emulator to test my ROMs)
But if you need help transferring a Pokescript into XSE format, I could do it.

Also, Does anyone know of a programing language, that I can use to make programs, that would work on a slow PC. (I think mine has like, either 256mb of RAM, or 512mb of RAM, really slow you see...)
How will it be useful? They aren't even that different, to be honest. If you knew what you were doing in PokeScript, then XSE should be a breeze.

Also VB6 worked fine on my computer for years, and I had 192MB of RAM. >_>

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
How will it be useful? They aren't even that different, to be honest. If you knew what you were doing in PokeScript, then XSE should be a breeze.

Also VB6 worked fine on my computer for years, and I had 192MB of RAM. >_>
Well, then it must be my processing speed... And I think it would be useful for the people that cant seem to grasp how to convert Pokescript OR ScriptEd into XSE, don't get me wrong, I am very skilled in both.
I just think it would be helpful for preople that for some reason cant learn XSE for some reason...
(My PM box always getting filled with my friends telling me to make there Pokescript stuff work in XSE for them, I tell them to just learn XSE, but they just don't get it...)
But where can I find VB6? I cant find it, Googled it and everything.
(I tried VB6, Visual Basic 6, and a whole bunch of other things, but I can't find it...)

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Can a mod change the name of this thread to " [TehTehTehTeh's] XSE Basic/Medium tutorial"

EDIT: Thanks!

Jamiras843

Dee-dee-dee
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
I find these tutorials pretty helpfull each one has a little information the others did not.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
A basic one would look like this, just incorporate a givepokemon event into the script where you want it to be.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @givepokemon
lock
faceplayer
Message @give
boxset 6
givepokemon 1 5 0 0 0 0
release
end

@org @give
= Here is a Bulbasaur
Sorry if anyone else has asked but what would a mareep be for the xse scipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back