• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gyms to close in Pokémon GO for remodelling

Melody

Banned
Years
With any luck this revamp will include much more extensive serverside checks so that Gyms can't be cheated or ganked. For example I can see limits being placed, one challenger at a time every hour. Weakening of the gym is only persisted on a per-trainer basis, meaning that any other trainer must also fight everything on it.

Egg glitching would be completely ended. No more Gyms that can't be toppled.

Maybe Gyms will have other limitations and nerfs put on them too, so that no longer can a group of colluding players place High CP Pokemon on all gym levels. Maybe the CP of the Gym Pokemon will be scaled by how deep you are in the Gym and how many tiers it has.

Reactions: Z25

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Nice. I really hope the CP will be scaled by tier like Melody said. It's frustrating when you and your friends are casual players, and can barely touch most gyms. Because of that I don't even touch them, I just catch Pokemon, and that makes the game duller than it probably should be.

We could just play more, it's true, but it's hard to do when you have busy work schedules. I would love it if lower level players could earn easier EXP from gyms. ;.;

Also, I'm hoping their designs on the map get an upgrade?

Years
  • Age 72
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
The gyms here are still open and very active they have not shut down

Back