• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Dont know about that, to me it looks ok. (Besides, I dont think FR's hero back had a black outline, anyway)

Well, I post the last screenshots I had just to show a few fixes and tile changes. Starting from tomorrow (today... Well, after I get some sleep, you get the idea...), the new screenshots.

image06ql2.png
image09rm5.png
image10fs3.png

they are definatly improved maps,good job,now I definatly think this will be finished.

someone put your hack is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17PZxDY1fds

Last edited:

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
hahaha i put the video

i just wanted people to see your hack!!!

i did the same thing with As Stars Go Out's gold remake

your remake is so awesome! i know all of us are actuallysaying this gold hack is going to be finished!!!!! finally!!!!! hope you finish man!! cant wait for next beta!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Haha! Saw the video, quite interesting... (and a few funny comments from its author)

Well, anyway. Since I reached Cianwood (it was a pain editing all those trainer battles, but nothing compared to what awaits in the Lighthouse), I'm finally able to start posting my new screenshots. I have many!, here goes the first set, for Illex Forest and Route 34.

image11px0.png
image12to9.png
image13km7.png
image14ql1.png
image15qm4.png
image16jm8.png

As you may have guessed, I used the island's day-care. So you can leave two pokes. The mini game with the Farfetch (yes, I know it looks like something else) is quite funny (not as complicated as the original, but you may need to use your head anyway)

I need to study for a while, I have a test this Monday, but I may do something this weekend (when I feel I've studied enough). Be seeing ya!

Last edited:

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
man, who made that police sprite? its awesome!!!

but, i dont remember fighting a police officer in g/s/c????

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
Years
those are rangers or security, i forgot... but i do remember them being there because i am currently playing Silver for my 100th time lol

Blackandy

Rock On!
Years
and it's not going to be excactly the same as g/s/c. Nice update zel looking forward to it more everytime you update

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
zel, will the Ilex Forest have the Celebi event in it?

Not yet. It's gonna be in when I decide its the moment for the player to receive the GS-Ball (It's too early at this time)

man, who made that police sprite? its awesome!!!

but, i dont remember fighting a police officer in g/s/c????

The sprite was made by myself. I just used a Ranger's (i think) pose and just painted it blue. No big deal. And, it may look with a bit "giant" head, cause I just copied the original head from Gold, just recoloring it. I'm quite lazy, as you see...

Keep up the good work. By the way will you make Kanto
Also another video is up.

Kanto's already done in FR :) So I just need to script and update. Which video?, I saw flipboi's video, but didn't find anything else. I'm all ok with posting videos, as long as my name shows up somewhere.

Gonna be free in an hour, so I'll start the Lighthouse, wish me luck!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
yeh, i made the other video!!!

hey zel, you know that stone on that route between new bark town and cheryygrove? when i clicked a on it, it froze the game!!! check part 2 of ur hack to see! ( i cant post the url, dont have enough post :/)

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Good luck. :)
Olivine Lighthouse is one of my favorite locations because of the Ampharos, which is one of my favorite Pokemon. I'm sure you'll do great on it.

By the way... do you get the running shoes at a point?

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I was wondering about the Running Shoes as well. It'd be cool to have them, even if it didn't appear in the original GSC games, including the VS Seeker you get at the beginning instead of the Gear. Oh, and you're progressing greatly compared to other GSC remakes from what I read:) This is actually the first Advance generation game that keeps me playing. The others are becomming pretty boring after some time. I've never understood Nintendo on why they didn't continued with the Johto games, so please don't give up on this, zel!

Last edited:

Plateface

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 12, 2007
ive honeslty had enough of kanto. keep the focus on johto, it deserves it. :) looking very nice, cant wait to play it when its ready. *gives 5 thumbs up* lol.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
yeh, i made the other video!!!

hey zel, you know that stone on that route between new bark town and cheryygrove? when i clicked a on it, it froze the game!!! check part 2 of ur hack to see! ( i cant post the url, dont have enough post :/)

Seen your second video, once again, funny comments. By the way, you should have read my first post, it includes the list of glitches you'll find through the game. (it's not updated)

By the way... do you get the running shoes at a point?

Hmmm... Still not decided on when to give the player the running shoes (I was thinking on winning them from somewhere. Perhaps some hidden event?)

Anyway, I'll post a few screenshots. It's Goldenrod's time!

image17hg1.png
image18yl1.png
image19ni3.png

I've finished mapping the Lighthouse, I've changed a few tiles (I've used a few tiles from the original Gold), and done the warps, so you can fall into the holes and all that. All that's left is to put the trainers, and Jasmine and Ampha at the top.

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
awesome I can't wait for the next beta which sounds like it is going to be soon

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Goldenrod looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when playing it :)
Do you expect to release a new beta (somewhere) next week, zel? I've got a week off from school next week so I could test it :)

Btw, why doesn't anyone take notice from my posts? Am I that unclear in what I write?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back