• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Try getting rid of the @battle.
It should then begin like this:
Code:
pbCommonAnimation(...
Hope this helps!

I've been updating to the latest version (one came out yesterday, if you don't know yet). I haven't updated for about 2 months, so it's going to take a while...

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Sat Aug 09 17:44:36 -0400 2008 - Server Error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. - bind(2)
./LIB/gserver.rb:193:in `initialize'
./LIB/gserver.rb:193:in `new'
./LIB/gserver.rb:193:in `start'
./LIB/gserver.rb:189:in `synchronize'
./LIB/gserver.rb:189:in `start'

GETTING THISE SERVER ERROR...what do i do?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Sat Aug 09 17:44:36 -0400 2008 - Server Error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. - bind(2)
./LIB/gserver.rb:193:in `initialize'
./LIB/gserver.rb:193:in `new'
./LIB/gserver.rb:193:in `start'
./LIB/gserver.rb:189:in `synchronize'
./LIB/gserver.rb:189:in `start'

GETTING THISE SERVER ERROR...what do i do?

get a diffrent internet server, because that error is saying that you have dialup or something simaler that only lets 1 person contact your server address (your ip address). atleast that is what i thing, check to find out if that's what it means by messageing poccil.

by the way, how would i make it so that shiny pokemon could not evolve?

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
by the way, how would i make it so that shiny pokemon could not evolve?

make it hold an everstone. lol. :P
but seriously, if you could find the flag that says that the pokemon is shiny, i image that one could type up a script that would force shiny pokemon not to evolve. kinda easier said than done. >_>

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
is there a server that works for everyone that someone can point me in the direction of please?

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
how does one call the user's and opponent's gender within the PokeBattle_Battle script? also, how do i call the variable for time within the PokeBattle_Battle script?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yaoimutt: In the Scripts window, press Ctrl+Shift+F (search all scripts), then search EVERSTONE. One of the results should look similar to this:
Code:
if pokemon.item==PBItems::EVERSTONE
return false
end
Copy and paste them, but change the first to
Code:
if pokemon.isShiny?
I don't have the scripts in front of me, so I'm not sure...
Partyghoul: I'm not sure about the user / opponent, but pokemon.gender returns the gender.
Time's easy. If you need the hour, use Time.now.hour, otherwise replace hour with min or sec.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I have a question to ask... Is it possible to implement a Boulder-based event as in Victory road the player must push the boulders into a specific area to make it possible to advance to further area. Also in Seaform Island the boulder must be pushed down to the flowing water to access Articuno. Please help.

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
I have a question to ask... Is it possible to implement a Boulder-based event as in Victory road the player must push the boulders into a specific area to make it possible to advance to further area. Also in Seaform Island the boulder must be pushed down to the flowing water to access Articuno. Please help.

i think it's possible with switches. once the event boulder gets pushed into the event hole, have the event turn on a switch so a boulder will appear down below. just make sure to have the top boulder disappear. and when you leave the floor or cave, reset the switches. sounds good, in theory.

I meant when you select Boy, I want a picture to show up!

((In my case, a Team Rocket Grunt

alright, go into the metadata.txt within the PBS folder and edit PkMnTRAINER_Male to say whatever you have your rocket defined as within the trainernames.txt

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
how do i get rid of certain options in the options menu and make the battle system look different?

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
To change the Battle, just open the Script Editor and scroll down to the PokeBattle_...-Scripts.
I dont know exatly about the Options-Menu. But when looking around in the scripting Editor of the RPG MK you should find something.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Question: When implementing new moves, what are the function codes for defining what the moves actually do?

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
To change the Battle, just open the Script Editor and scroll down to the PokeBattle_...-Scripts.
I dont know exatly about the Options-Menu. But when looking around in the scripting Editor of the RPG MK you should find something.

ok but how would i change it so my battle scene looks simular to this 0.o..

cbsek3.png

and with all of the dp menu system and everythhing, or make a window pop up when a battle occurs and have the fight, bag, run, and pokemon options under the screen, how would i do this. (including how to make the menu look like this)
moz-screenshot.jpg

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
fugdy, IMO you just change the graphics...just look at the /Graphics/Pictures-Folder....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back