• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: EruptionRuby & TsunamiSapphire (PG-14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TundraCanine

Shizuku
Years
Prologue:

"Mail call for Branson Allen!" Branson stood up on the dock. "I'm here!" he said, waving his arms. The mail man strode towards him. "This is a letter to you from the new Hoenn League! "What? Hoenn League?" Branson said surprised. "I thought they closed it down?" His question went unanswered. Darman chuckled. "Well looks like you'll be getting your journey pretty soon!" Branson smiled at the obvious comment. He laughed. "Haha, I guess you're right Darman!" "Well, open it up and lets have a peek eh?" Branson practically ripped the envelope apart, and carefully took its contents out.

It read:

Dear Branson Allen,

You must be ready for your Pokemon Journey to begin about now, yes? Here is your chance! Enclosed is a ticket for the S.S. Lapras, which will take you to the newly opened Hoenn League! There you will learn and train about Pokemon! You will also meet new friends as well. Just meet us at the Olivine Seaport in 3 days at noon. You are among the first to take part in the new Hoenn league, make us proud!

Branson folded the letter back up. "I guess I'm going to Hoenn for my Journey. Any preparation suggestions?" Darman put his hand on Branson's shoulder. "All i suggest taking is a backpack, and knowledge." Branson said his goodbye to Darman, and promptly ran towards his home.

News of the letter spread fast. Branson was getting compliments from everyone, even Jasmine. On the day of the boat arrival, Branson was saying his goodbyes to all the residents of Olivine. He was talking to Jasmine. "Well sis, looks like now, we'll both be trainers!
Jasmine smiled. "It sure does, and I'm proud of you. Be sure to contact me every now and then. Promise me it." Branson nodded. "Of course I will, I'm not just going to leave my sister in the dark while I'm on an adventure!"
They walked to the dock, and awaited for the S.S. Lapras.

When it finally arrived, Branson gave his sister a hug, and boarded. As he sailed off, all of Olivine waved to him, wishing him luck as he began his new adventure.

The entire time Branson was on the S.S. Lapras was spent pondering the types of Pokemon he would use. He and Jasmine were both fond of the Steel type. Maybe he would use one. The rest of his time was spent sleeping in anticipation of his arrival.

He finally arrived in Littleroot. He checked his card. He was supposed to meet a Professor Birch? He walked towards the lab. He entered the doors and was almost bowled over by a young girl. "Dad! A trainer is here!" He heard scrambling around and running. A middle aged man stood before him. "Hello, I'm Professor Birch, I will be giving you your first Pokemon! Or, I should say, helping you capture it. But first, which person are you?"

"I'm Branson" he said nervously. "I'm from Olivine in Johto." The Professor seemed to be overjoyed. "Well Branson, let me give you your Pokedex and your Started Ball, which will both help on deciding your first Pokemon! Then, I'll take you to the Started Park where I will set you loose to catch your first Pokemon companion."

Birch led Branson outside to a large area. "This is the Starter Park. I'll only give you one Starter Ball, so use it wisely on a Pokemon you know you'll love!" Branson walked through the gate. "Hmmm" he said. "Four areas" I think I'll start in the Desert, then move to the Lake, then the Forest, and finally the Cave. He set off.

On his way around the Desert, he saw many Pokemon, but none of them sparked his interest. It was the same story with the Forest and Lake. Nothing. He finally moved on to the Cave. His hopes were down. He walked around for a while, and saw nothing. He was about too turn back when he saw a shiny glint in the corner of his eye. He turned around. A small, rounded Pokemon was staring at him. He checked his Pokedex:

"Aron, the Iron Armor Pokémon. Aron has an impressive defense power and eats iron ore in order to build up the metal in its body. "

"Iron Armor Pokemon? Seems like a pretty interesting Pokemon to me! I think I'll catch it!" Branson readied the pokeball. He threw it, but at that moment, the Aron ran. He gave chase to it. They ran for a long time. Branson lost sight of the Aron. He scanned the area for it. The familiar shiny glint caught his eye again, but this time, all he saw was its two front legs. Branson rushed towards it. Apparently while it was running, it has not been paying attention and slipped on a cliff, and it was barely hanging on. "Um, hang on there, I'll help you up. As Branson reached for the small creature, it began to squirm, and almost fell even further. He grabbed it right as it let go, and pressed it close to his chest as he went out of the cave. The Aron showed no resistance then.

"Now, how about we try again. I'm Branson, and I would like you to come and travel with me." he said. The Iron Hide Pokemon stared up at him with its big blue eyes. It seemed to understand. It nuzzled the Started Ball that was latched the Branson's belt. "Really, you want to come with me?" Branson said. "Ok, well." He pushed the Aron off of him. "Lets try this once more!" he shouted as he tossed the ball. This time, Aron didn't run. It stood there with pride, and let itself be captured.

Branson met with Professor Birch. "Professor! I caught one!" The Professor smiled. "I knew you could do it. So, what did you catch?" Branson pressed the small button on the ball. His new friend popped out in a red beam. "Ah!" Birch exclaimed. "An Aron! Excellent choice!. With your sister being a steel type gym leader, I'm sure she will be pleased." Branson smiled. "Thank you sir." Birch continued. "Now, I suggest you get on Route 101 and begin your challenge, but first, would you like to give your Aron a name? Branson considered it. "I think I'll call her....Alloy!" "A fine name indeed, now go! You have a long road ahead of you!" Branson ran off towards his destination. This time, Alloy by his side.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
Years
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Today was the day! Bree stood in the middle of Cherrygrove Citys local playground, the little park that was usually littered with little kids, from ages 5 to 8, were nowhere to be seen at the moment. Perhaps she had come a bit too early. Bree was far to excited, so maybe that's why she had rushed over here with Girafarig after finishing the last of her daily run around town "Today is the last day I'll probably see these little kids" Bree thought with a soft smile as she ran her hand gently along Girafarig's pink spikes and in response he snorted lightly and twisted his neck to nudge her side with hiss nose "The brats are coming" he told her and she gave him a half-hearted disapproving look "That's not nice Girafarig" the Long Neck Pokémon just snorted again and rolled his eyes, while Bree just shook her head before glancing ahead, to see a group of kids running towards them, wide smiles on their faces, she pushed her glasses up from the tip of her nose "Right on schedule."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Bree! Bree! Hi Bree!" Several cute chubby faces of all shapes, colors and sizes crowded around the teen and her Pokémon "Hey guys" she grinned cheerfully down at the little kids who came to her faithfully for left over sweet treats that their parents would often forbid "How are my favorite customers doing?" Girafarig winced and took a slight step back, when they were suddenly bombarded with a bunch of shrill shrieks from the kids, all of them trying to shout over one another to tell her about their day. Bree managed to make out that apparently Jessica liked Tommy, Sara manged to fall into a Dunsparce hole and Alex got a detention for trying to make a Caterpie String Shot Lisa. She just smiled as they all tried to explain their days, even though she only heard bits and pieces of it, they all fell silent however when one of the kids asked if it was true that she was really leaving town to start her own Pokémon journey. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Bree sheepishly responded with a yeah and the kids began to tear up at the sad news, but before they could cry, Bree pulled out the bag of treats from the sack Girafarig carried, the long necked Pokémon giving a sigh of relief when the kids instantly dried their crocodile tears, the last thing he wanted or needed was a bunch of brats blowing his ears off with their sniffing and sniveling "Now, now guys. No crying, or Bree won't give you guys the special treat she--" Girafarig snorted and Bree quickly corrected herself, scowling at the smirking quadruped "my mom made" she said with a roll of her eyes.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Reaching into the bag, Bree pulled out several multicolored mini-bags, that were filled to the brim with an assortment of sweet and tied together with cute Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu bows, and handed them out to each kid with a wink and a smile "Now don't tell your parents kids, or mine, otherwise they'd really kill me for giving you this stuff. It'll be our secret alright?" They all nodded and stuffed their treats in their little school bags and Bree grinned at the kids, it was time for her to get going, she had to drop Girafarig back off at the house and grab her stuff, already dressed in her travel outfit. Which consisted of her favorite sleeveless sky blue jacket, that had a hood attached, over a powdery graphic white shirt that read "Rebel" in artistically scrawled neon pink that went her chest. She on a pink thigh-length skirt, with shorts underneath and a rhinestone belt that had one side hanging at her hip and the other side drooped low, long knee length sky blue and white striped socks covered her legs along with white and pink sneakers for her feet.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Now I gotta get going kids, so I'll see you when I come back okay!" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]We'll miss you Bree!" They chorused, tackling the girl to the ground as they all lunged to hug her, she accepted the hug with a wide smile her her face, moving her arms to wrap around each and every one of them to return the hug "Aww, I'm gonna miss you kids too!" she murmured into the tops of their heads "But don't worry, when I get back, I'll have a whole bunch of Pokémon with me and I'll let you guys meet them!" She released them from the hug and stood up, brushing the dirt from the back of her skirt and moving to stand beside Girafarig, his back already turned to head back home, a small smile gracing the Pokemon's features, even though at times he thought them annoying, especially when they liked to climb him and ride him like a Ponyta or pull at his horns and tail, the little brats had grown on him and now since Bree was going away, he wouldn't really be seeing them much, since this little detour wasn't along the regular route.

The girl would often stop by the park out of her own will to interact with the kids and bring them left over treats, despite the protests of her parents and the kids' parent's as well. It was going to feel odd, doing the run all his lonesome, without the company of the girl whom he had watch grow up from a babbling bundle of flesh, the only other times Girafarig would do the run by himself, was when she would get sick, but even then he would see her as soon as he got home, but now...
[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Now she was all grown up and going off on her own journey. Girafarig felt old. The Long Neck Pokémon sighed softly, before blinking out of his stupor from the light tap at his back Bree was grinning at him, a playful glint in her eyes as she took off running "C'mon old timer! I'll race you home!" Girafarig snorted, he'd show her, before taking off with a quick burst off speed from his Agility, easily passing Bree by with a cocky neigh "Aww no fair cheater!" Bree laughed as they race all the way back home, Girafarig ultimately winning in the end.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Her parents and Skarmory, her transporter to the closest port in Jhoto, were standing at the door. Both had smiles on their faces as they watched Girafarig gallop towards the house with Bree clinging to his neck, slightly soaked and a wide grin splitting her face, it had began to drizzle lightly during their run back to the house "Hey Mom! Hey Dad! Hey Skarmory! Finished all the deliveries, I'm ready grab Skar and head to Olivine now" once he made it onto the lawn, she slid off his back and stood before both her parents, taking her brown messenger bag from her mother, Anna, who smiled "Do you have everything you need Bree?" Bree nodded and shrugged her bag across her shoulder, opening the flap and double-checking for everything she packed "I'm all set! I've got my wallet, my clothes, toiletries, snacks. . .?"[/FONT]

"[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Think of it as a little going away present" James, her father grinned and placed his palm atop her head, ruffling the messy strands of brown that managed to escape her side ponytail "You could give some to your Pokémon" Bree gave a dramatic groan while moving from under her dad's hand and fixing her mussed hair "As if I don't smell like a walking pastry enough. Thanks Dad, Mom." She glanced at both her parents before moving to hug them tightly "I'll make sure to call when I can" she mumbled pulling away, glancing at Girafarig, who stared evenly back "You better take good care of the customers Girafarig." He snorted lightly and shook his head in response, his mental prowess poking lightly at the back of her mind "Take care of yourself Bree, be careful" Bree nodded and hugged Girafarig just as tightly as she did her parents and he nuzzled her cheek before she pulled away, whispering softly "I will, no need to worry!" Shrugging her bag so it would rest comfortably at her hip and adjusting the strap so it wouldn't bite into her shoulder, Bree took one last glance at her home, her parents and Girafarig, before she mounted her father's Skarmory and flew her towards Olivine City, where should would get on the boat that would take her to the Hoenn Region.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]It didn't take her long to fly from Cherrygrove to Olivine, Skarmory was a pretty fast bird so it had only taken them about an hour to reach the dock, and just in time too cause it was about to pull off "At least I made it" she murmured handing her ticket to the ticket man and stepping onto the S.S Wailord, the captain of the ship was at the entrance, greeting those who stepped onto the boat for a few moments, before announcing that they would be taking off shortly, their next stop would be Snowpoint City and then they'd be rounding back to Hoenn.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Bree was lead to her room by one of the sailors on the ship, the room was like a medium-sized cubicle, made for 1 person, there was a bed propped up against the wall with a little table alongside it and in the far right corner of the room sat a round table with two chairs, the room was pretty bare, yet if felt comfortable "But these rooms aren't made for long time stay, just until we reach our destination" she thought shrugging off her bag and placing it and her glasses on the bedside table before she plopped onto her bed, bouncing back up slightly from the springiness of it. Sighing, Bree flopped back onto the bed, her head hitting the soft white pillow beneath her "Guess I'll nap until we get there" she murmured rolling onto her stomach and sliding her hands under the pillow, closing her eyes she drifted into a deep slumber, wondering what Pokémon she would get upon reaching Hoenn.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]We have now arrived in Hoenn's Littleroot Town, will all passengers please make sure all items and belongings are on their respective person, we will not be held responsible for any lost items of the sort.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]When Bree had awoken, the first thing she heard was the announcement, rubbing her eyes sleepily the brunette yawned and reached for her glasses, sliding them over her face, she blinked and glanced around her empty room, momentarily forgetting that she was on a ship "Did Girafarig take my stuff as a joke?" she asked herself aloud, before it slowly came back to her "Oh yeah! I'm on the S.S Wailord..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]A deep foghorn like sound bellowed loudly from above the ship, shaking Bree to her very core, she picked at her ear with her pinky to clear it out and then slid off the bed she was preoccupying and then slid on her pack "I guess that means we've docked..." she murmured opening her room door and stepping into the hallway of the ship, she had luckily gotten a room near the exit, so she was one of the first few people to get off the ship. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Whoa, this place is way bigger than Cherrygrove" Bree whistled appreciatively as she peered up at the large buildings and tall towers that were situated near the port "So umm. . . how am I supposed to find Professor Birch's Lab. . ." Bree glanced around the port for a couple moments before her eyes landed on a port attendant, he was checking the docks and the ship to make sure everything would be all set and ready for their next leave, Bree grinned and decided to ask him where the lab was "Umm, excuse me mister, I was wondering. . . would you happen to know where Professor Birch's lab might be?"

"Professor Birch?" The man questioned squinting at her, Bree nodded "Yeah. I'm here to get a Starter Pokémon!" The attendant hmm'd thoughtfully before turning to the right and pointing out to a path that would lead to his house "Just take that path there and you'll soon hit Professor Birch's lab isn't that hard to miss either"
[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Okay, thank you!" Bree waved briefly at the man before she ran in the direction he had pointed out, she followed this steady path for a few minutes and then suddenly she was there, standing before the laboratory of Professor Birch "It looks a lot smaller than Professor Elm's lab. . ." she thought before knocking lightly on the door, waiting a few beats the door suddenly opened, revealing a girl who looked to be about her age, she had brown hair and blue eyes. Bree blinked and May blinked back "Yes?" Bree gave a slight smile and asked softly "Ahh, are you Professor Birch?" May shook her head no and grinned "No, I'm his daughter May Birch." [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Oh. Uhh, my name's Bree Greene and I'm from Cherrygrove City, I'm here to get a starter from your dad" May nodded and whirled around, motioning for Bree to come inside "Dad! One of those trainers are here!" [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]". . ."[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]There wasn't an answer and May sighed, she gave Bree a tight smile and then excused herself from the room, slipping into the back where she guessed the professor was. Bree could only listen with wide eyes as a barrage of shouts came tumbling out the room, May was yelling at her father to stop being a lazy bum and wake up and do his job or go retire and find someone else to do it, and that was just putting it lightly. Bree sweat dropped as a middle aged man with brown hair and a bushy beard came tumbling out the room, sporting an egg sized lump on his head, May came filing out after him, shooting the older man a glare, which caused him to gulp before looking at Bree and clearing his throat in embarrassment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Greeting's young trainer, I am Professor Birch, who might you be?" [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Bree Greene from Cherrygrove City. I found an Ad about the reopening of the Hoenn League and I've come to get a Pokémon to start my journey."[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"I see, your one of the trainers that I was told about" he murmured scratching at his bearded chin, while Bree blinked Birch grinned and clapped his hands together, startling Bree "Well, lets go get you a Pokémon! " Birch grabbed her arm and dragged the confused girl outside his house "Take this Pokédex and these Pokéballs and head to the edge of town, that is where you will find the Starter Park, that's the place where you can catch your starter" he explained quickly while pushing her away from his house "W-Wait! Aren't you going to give me some type of word of encouragement?" Bree asked as she dug her feet in the ground, stopping the professor from pushing her any further. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]". . ."[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]There was a short pause and Birch looked at her thoughtfully "Not really, be safe I guess and good luck with catching your starter!" With that said, Professor Birch turned around and dashed back into his house, leaving Bree to blink stupidly at the spot where the older man once was, she stared at the items he had thrusted in her hands, a pink Pokédex and five red and white Pokéballs. Sighing, Bree shook her head and made way towards the edge of town as he instructed and eventually she reached the Starter Park. Bree gazed in awe at the large field, that had several different area's and were filled to the brim with all types of Pokémon. "This is the Starter Park" one of the woman who worked there told her with a flourish as she waved her hand about the 10 by 10 field "This is where you will catch your desired starter Pokémon, it can be anything you find." She explained "There are four area's to this park, There's the Forest, the Lake, Desert and the Cave area's."[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"You will need one of these. Its called a Starter Ball" The woman handed Bree, what looked like a regular old Pokéball, a Starter Ball "This is the ball that will help you instantly catch the starter of your choice, but you only can use it once and once you choose a Pokémon, there's no trading it in for another one because you didn't like your choice, so use it wisely and have fun" she chirped cheerfully before allowing Bree through "Hmm, lets check out the Forest Area first. . ."[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"For a place supposedly filled with Pokémon, I don't seem to be finding any. . ." Bree frowned sourly as she walked through the densely wooded area, she had been wandering around here for a good 2 or 3 minutes and there had not been one Pokémon in sight. "Man, where are they" Bree huffed and placed her hands on her hips, scanning the oddly empty area, for a place that was supposedly filled with Pokémon, it was eerily quiet here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Bree had noticed, that this part of the forest was pretty barren and it seemed like nothing lived here at all "Maybe I should go check out the other area's, since this one is empty" turning on her heel, Bree decided to go find that cave area, but as she glanced up ahead, she saw and odd little green and white Pokémon standing before her "Whoa... what's that?" Bree pulled out her Pokédex and scanned it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]
Spr_4p_280.png
[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Ralts[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]The Feeling Pokémon [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Ralts is the pre-evolved form of Kirlia. It can use the horns on its head to read human emotions. Ralts rarely shows itself to humans, but may occasionally approach when it senses positive or happy feelings. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Bree scrolled down the list and noticed it was a Psychic type and that it was a very shy reclusive Pokémon "I wonder why it came to me though..." Bree blinked at the Ralts, who tilted its head to the side and she guessed it blinked, but it was hard to tell "Are you alright?" Ralts just laughed and then darted into a nearby bush "What an odd Pokémon..." Bree looked thoughtful and then stared at the spot where the Psychic once stood "Guess I'll be headed towards those caves now" she murmured making her way to a different area besides this forest.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]S-Stop. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Bree stopped when she felt an oddly familiar prickling sensation at the back of her head, which was usually cause by Girafarig using Psychic to communicate. Did this mean Ralts wanted to talk to her? "Where are you Ralts? Is something wrong?" She glanced left and right and above and below for the little green helmeted Pokémon. There was a faint rustle from the bushes behind her and Bree whirled around, facing the Ralts who now stood before her "Ralts?" The Psychic tilted its head to the side once more "Ral. Ralts?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Its eyes began to glow blue and a line of blue began to outline her as well "H-Hey! Wha-What are you doing? Put me down!" Ralts just giggled as it used Confusion to lift Bree gently in the air and just leave her there "Stop that Ralts, this is so not cool!" She squealed, gripping at her skirt tightly to keep it from flying up, even if there were shorts underneath, this was still embarrassing "Ralts..." Ralts hmm'd thoughtfully for a moment before it complied with her request and place Bree gently on her feet, the girl scowled at Ralts, placing her hands on her hips "Now what was that for?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Its funny. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Bree blinked at the feel of Ralts poking at her mind, she found it odd that the Pokémon could speak with her, despite the face that they just met "So, why are you out here by yourself? Don't you have some family or friends to hang out with?" Ralts said nothing and Bree scratched her head, this Pokémon was really strange, one minute it would talk to her but in the next it would just be silent "Ralts..." it murmured shaking its head "Oh. . . well that sucks..." Bree trailed off with an awkward pause and then she glanced at Ralts thoughtfully "If... If your lonely, you know, you can always come with me. I'm pretty good with Psychic type Pokémon, since my mom has a Girafarig and he's part Psychic, so I'm used to this whole telepathy stuff and you look like you could need a friend" Ralts lifted its head in Bree's direction, feeling the gently feelings rolling off her in waves Ralts hmm'd momentarily before nodding, why not.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Ah, so you'll come?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Ralts." Ralts gave her a swift nod and Bree smiled, pulling out the Starter Ball "Alrighty then! Just tap the circle button and then you'll be mine" Ralts blinked once at the starter ball before he placed his hand on the button, there was a flash of red light and suddenly Ralts disappeared, the ball wobbled back and forth for a few moments and then it stopped, indicating Ralts was caught.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Bree smiled softly and then called her starter Ralts out, the Psychic looked at Bree, who motioned for him to follow her, they began making their way towards the entrance "I think I'll call you Dexter" Ralts didn't make a sound and she assumed he was alright with it. It didn't take long for the two of them to reach the entrance, the woman congratulated her on her capture of Ralts and wished her luck "I guess we should head back to see the Professor, but just a heads up he's really weird" she murmured to Ralts, who nodded taking her word for it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Hey Professor Birch! I'm back and I've got my starter, his name is Dexter!" Bree entered the lab with Dexter in her arms, Professor Birch was at his desk, sleeping soundly with drool coming from the side of his mouth "Ehh?" Bree felt a bead of sweat form at the back of her head and and glanced around for May, but the girl wasn't in at the moment "Uhh Dex, could you help me out a little and wake him up please?" Dexter nodded his eyes glowed blue and then Birch was lifted from his seat, upon feeling this the man began to wake up and was shocked to find he was floating "What the devil!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Rallllts" Dexter smirked and then slowly lowered the Professor to the ground, he glanced sourly at the Psychic and then at Bree "I see you have your starter" hiding a smile, Bree nodded "Well then, since you're pretty much set to go, head to Route 101 to begin your journey. I'll talk to you again sometime alright." Pretty much like before Bree was rushed out of the lab by the Professor, who slammed his door shut in her face and she guessed he went back to sleep Bree glanced at Dexter who tilted his head. You were right, he is weird. . . [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]"Uh-Huh" she nodded briefly before making her way to where she thought was the edge of town, their next stop was Route 101.[/FONT]

Years
*Jaw drops*

Wow, incredible post!

Congratulations, Bree gets a Ralts, Male! Nicknamed Dexter!

I can't wait for Pichu's and Charizards and Hot n' Cold's....*faints*

Years
The steaming coffee in its cup on the glass table warmed his vision as well as his hands. Fingers clasped around the porcelain cup, he stared at the molasses-like brew, the added dashes of cinnamon and cream floating aimlessly on the surface like islands in a putrid, putrid sea. His breathing took in the aroma of the energizing beverage, slow, tedious inhalations.

Nick and Jasmine sat across from him at the same hastily-wiped glass table, in a small café near the boardwalk of Cerulean's
Main Street. Nick sipped his tea carefully, and Jasmine had nothing at all to eat. She simply looked across at her old friend and searched his eyes, smiling every so often their line of vision met, cordially fulfilled, and she would look away again, pondering. Nick did most of the talking, dipping into casual topics such as the state of the Viridian gym, or how Selena's pokemon were faring, and when that got too close to the truth, the talk would switch to the weather or another mundane subject.

Slowly, Josh was enlightened and inaugurated back into the world of the living, normal people. The glass statuettes.

Bit by bit, the time Josh had spent in rehabilitation, the time outside of his white prison, was revealed. Piece by piece, he realized now that it was soon to be spring again, months had passed as he lay comatose in the hellhole of submission that was his rehabilitation center. His memories of the place, however strong, were pushed far back into his mind and replaced with the everyday, bustling mentality of normalcy.

Nick flipped his spiky hair back and smiled.

"So father really doesn't think we're ready to open a martial arts-only dojo yet, but I-"

"Nick." Josh interrupted.

The kunoichi froze, and Jasmine looked up from the table, both curious as to what he had to say. He hadn't spoken a single word since they had arrived.

He had his next goal. He knew where he had to go in order for his recovering process to finally be complete.

"The New Hoenn League. When does it start?"

Nick's onyx eyes went wide. "Couple of days...."

"No, I need an exact date."

"Josh, what are you thinking?" Jasmine asked warily, but Josh shushed her with a hand motion as Nick wracked his brain for a precise time frame.

"March. The Tournament begins in early March, ends sometime in late September…"

"Huh." Josh mused over this, biting the inside of his lip. He had a gut feeling.

It had been a long time since his telekinesis had fled. It had been months since he heard the voices of the cities anymore, the voices of humans. He had no more flashes of intuition, he couldn't do anything anymore that gave him shortcuts in his life. But still, in spite of his seeming ordinariness now, his stomach turned with instinct.

"Jasmine, hop of Gee. We need to fly to Oak's lab." He ordered this, and stood, waiting expectantly. Nick and Jasmine raised eyebrows and exchanged glances, but Josh was in no mood to be questioned.

"C'mon! Let's fly! I have a feeling there's something waiting for us there. So let's go!" He folded his arms, and Jasmine looked long and hard into his face for a few discerning seconds.

He stared back, defiant.

"No, Jasmine. I'm not mental anymore, I'm not losing it, just trust me on this one. Please. Anything after this, after this, you can call my bullsh*it, but this time, just trust me."

Three seconds of doubt.

And then red laser flashed in the courtyard of the café and Josh smiled, leaping onto his Pidgeot and patting the bird like he was just returning from a short potty break, even though it had been months since he had seen him.

Jasmine smiled at Nick, and the ninja was flustered. He slapped a few pokedollars on the table, drained what was left of his tea, and leaped into place on Gee's strong back. Slowly, the customers around them gawked and shrieked as their hats were blown up by a powerful gust of uplifting wind, created by the bird pokemon's giant wings as he flew vertically, powerfully, into the sky.

While they flew, Gee's eyes found those of Josh, and his beak split in two with a smile.

<I'm not sure if I am saying this correctly, but…welcome back, kiddo.>

The elderly had a certain right, or so they felt, to silence and peace.

At the ripe age of sixty four, Professor Oak was inclined to believe that his afternoon tea-sipping session was close to the borders of holiness, and should not be interrupted or overturned for any reason. As he sat, arranging his tea cup and toast in the same place it was everyday before consumption on the desk, he pondered over the state of his daily workings and ranch.

The pokemon were doing well, of course, all of them. There were close to seven hundred of them now, all collected from various trainers or sent to the Professor by curious colleagues who found something special in that certain pokemon. Professor Oak, of course, had seen most of the oddities the world had to offer, and pokemon were certainly not a closed book to him.

Professor Samuel Oak, during teatime, let his brain wander away from his abnormalities, leaving a small space of time only for himself. His room was silent, a novel rarity that occurred only around this time of lazy day, late in the afternoon, and the wind blew in from the open window above his computer workspace, a sloping view of the hills could be seen from between the sills.

Calmly, like every day before this, at the exact same time, in the exact same way, Oak picked his tea cup slowly up in both hands, smiling to himself at the serenity he felt. He swirled the brew in its cup slightly, releasing the tantalizing aroma and inhaling it before putting his lips to the rim to take a small, studious sip.

A blast of wind from the opened window ripped through the room quite suddenly, shredding papers and sending the cup between his hands flying into the air and rolling away on the carpet, spilling its contents over the front of his lab coat. Fluttering, his lab worksheets floated down the ground, scattered haphazardly, and the Professor, who had not moved an inch, inhaled and let out a huge, regretful sigh.

His old eyes looked outside to find the feet of an enormous flying pokemon at eye level with his ground-level window. A Pidgeot, judging by the claw structure and color, had landed outside his lab, and he heard shuffling of more feet, human this time, and scrabbling as two people jumped off the back of the pokemon and went around to the front door.
A few moments later the door to his study was shot open, "Hey there, Professor. Sorry for dropping in without an invite."

He didn't recognize the face at first, for it was framed by straight, ear-gracing hair now. It was a more tired face, thinner, but the eyes were the same color, perhaps not with the exact same character in them, but the silver-colored hazel was unmistakable.

"Josh?!" His voice came out incredulous.

The boy nodded, smiling. "Yup. did it come yet?" Josh asked immediately, pivoting his head from side to side, scouring the lab as if looking for something in particular.

"Hi Professor Oak." Jasmine and Nick smiled sheepishly in unison, ignoring Josh's blunt question for better manners.

"Hello, nice to see you all, and what came?" Oak asked mildly.

Josh shrugged. "Something? Anything? For us?" Professor Oak shook his head, remembering as he found the tea stains on his jacket and wondered what the kids thought that had been. He hurriedly walked over to the closet behind the transfer capsule and whipped out a fresh jacket.

"Nothing has come, yet. I'm expecting three new Pokedex implants, they were originally for…." His voice dropped, but only momentarily, as Jasmine picked up on his sentence.

"So were they for us? We can still have those two, right?"

"Yes, of course, but they aren't due for another week or so-"

BRRRRRIIIIINGGGGGG

His speech was interrupted by the doorbell's shrill notice. Josh's head shot up, and he looked at a stunned Professor Oak, Jasmine, and Nick with a slight smile.

"I had a feeling."

Oak strode over, and the door opened to reveal a mailman in a tight blue suit, a grin on as he handed the Professor a large, flat package resembling a book in shape. The door closed again, and Professor Oak looked warily at Josh as he placed the packages on a nearby table.

"There's letters for you, included. Hand me your pokedexes, and I'll modify them while you read those."

Josh and Jasmine nodded, and the Professor shuffled away with their pokedexes in hand. Eagerly, the two trainers ripped their letters open, no return address, as Nick looked over both their shoulders.

The last letter, Professor Oak threw away into a nearby trashcan, slowly, deliberately, and with utter remorse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Pokemon Trainer Josh,

Congratulations!

Your entrance letter has been accepted and we are pleased to inform you that you have been approved to take part in the biggest Hoenn event of the year, the opening of The New Hoenn League! Out of a thousand entrants, only four hundred were accepted, including you, and we look forward to your participation! If there has been some change of schedule and you cannot participate in the league any longer, please send the enclosed Denied Form back to our offices as soon as possible, and we will take your name off the list.

If you still plan on entering, Trainers must report to thier specified starting location on March 6th where trainers will register their Hoenn ID's if they do not have one already, and it is also the place where pokemon entrant confirmation will take place. Please come prepared. You must report to Prof. Birch's laboratory in
Littleroot Town by 9 a.m.

For those trainers who live outside of the Hoenn region, an S.S. Lapras ticket is included for your trip to and from
Littleroot Town. For those in the Johto regions, the S.S. Wailord will leave from Olivine Port at 5:45 am, and for those residing in Kanto, the S.S. Lapras will depart from Vermillion Harbor at 7:20 am.
We look forward to seeing you there!

-From all of us, the staff, at the Crystal Cup Tournament

Below the letter, where the staff signed off, a permanent marker message had been scrawled;

May 17th:

I just got this letter back! Josh! Congrats! I registered you guys right around the time you came to visit
Two Island, but I forgot to tell you. Hope to see you there! Whoo! There's a letter for Jasmine and Selena too! So you better all come!
Love love,
Hay-Lin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josh stared at the date Hay-Lin wrote. May seventeenth. Below that, he looked at Jasmine's name, and the name next to it he could no longer say.

May seventeenth.

She….had been alive, then.

Jasmine finished her letter, and looked up at Josh.

Professor Oak forced a smile, it was small, as if he knew something was missing from their faces, some part of their nature had fled. But the smile still came when it was called, and the Professor's voice was as solid as ever.

"I'll come with you two. Less hassle for your parents, that way. You better get ready. The S.S. Lapras leaves tomorrow morning."

Josh grinned. This short trip was the perfect thing to get away from the police on his tail. This short trip was the band-aid on heiswound. The League would be his stitches.

The S.S. Lapras' deck was not an unfamiliar sight to Josh and Jasmine. Indeed, they had been on it several times before, but Professor Oak had never been on a boat this fast in his life, and despite his old age, he hung on the railing of the top balcony as the sea spray flew in his face, enthralled as his white lab coat whipped up in the air and nearly sliced surrounding passerbys.

Josh and Jasmine had opted to sit on the bench nearest the Professor and exchanged amused glances at the old man's excitement. Oak's voice was loud against the pounding of the sea waves against the hull.

"THIS IS THE BEST SHIP RIDE EVER!"

"WE KNOW, PROFESSOR!" Josh and Jasmine yelled back in unison.

"I'VE NEVER BEEN ON A BOAT THIS FAST! AND GRACEFUL!"

"YOU'VE SAID THAT FOUR TIMES ALREADY, PROFESSOR!!" Again, Josh and Jasmine chanted loudly in tired unison.

There was a small silence, and then a 'pfftt' noise resounded briefly, accompanied by a woman's indignant shriek.

"IF I SPIT, IT GOES BACKWARDS!!!!"

"WE KNOW, PROFESSOR!!!"

Jasmine, finally exasperated and giving in to Professor Oak's pleads to join him, stood up on the balcony railing alongside the older man. The wind whipped her clothes and face and eventually lightened hiermood, and Josh smiled slightly, looking back down to the newly updated pokedex he held in his hand. It was an update for Hoenn, sent to Oak from Professor Birch. Josh had been scrolling through the videos section, deleting old clips he no longer used, when he paused at the playing of one.

Jasmine had taken it, and it was of Josh and the Unmentionable sitting at a table together, in
Cinnabar Island's pokemon center, having their conversation about Richie, who, at the time, had been dating the Unmentionable.

The sound was too faint to be heard over the screaming wind, but he knew what was said as if he had said it just a few minutes before.

The video ended, and Josh began to laugh after a few minutes of soaking silence. Had that really been them? Were they really that airy, once? So unoccupied with what lay ahead of them, even in the face of an eclipse, innocence reigned. And how stupid had he been, trying to help the Unmentionable in his love affairs? What had possessed him to do that?

He shook his head, smiling sadly. He had once been an idiot. A very large, very naïve, very blasé moron.

That time in the pokemon center, where they laughed about Kanto's Funniest Home videos and how he had won when he was a child, that last Gym Battle where they met Tsuyoshi, the timid kid in the Vulpix suit, would be and had been the last breath of freedom. The chains had wrapped around their waists and held them to the sinking cement blocks of their own graves, shortly after that.

The sea breeze splashed in his face, awakening reality. He stored the pokedex away, and turned his eyes to the crystalline sun.

They were on their way to Hoenn in the hopes that they would attend the New Hoenn League. They would begin their journeys in different locations, Josh at
Litteroot Town and Jasmine somewhere around Lavaridge.

And hopefully this new region, these people and places, the sunsets through the jungle and the tribal beat of waves on the golden beaches, would be his remedy.

His vaccine. His salvation.

"GOOOooOOOOd morning, Hoenn! It's turning out to be a beautiful day, Littleroot! Today is Saturday, March 6th, and it's currently eight thirty a.m! Temperatures are starting out in the early sixties and rising slowly to early seventies, wind speeds of 8 miles per hour and a humidity rate of zero percent! Keep those heaters and warm clothes handy, today'll be a cold one-

The snooze button was mashed with vigorous, angry force channeled through a sleepy palm that was retracted back under the covers, cutting off the radio announcer's annoyingly chipper voice. Shifting and groaning noises came from the bed, until white sheets were thrown off and the figure previously sleeping hauled itself out, one foot at a time, and one centimeter of distance a second until they found themselves in front of the bathroom mirror.

The gaping cabinet mirror revealed stately rows of orange pill containers, all full, only one was more than halfway empty. Medicinal pillars to the sky. The same hand that killed the announcer's voice reached out for the half-full bottle and carefully measured out two pills, swallowing and then cupping water from the sink to wash the capsules down with.

With the hand came a disgruntled voice that made gagging noises and sighed hugely as the pills settled in the lake of their stomach's acid.

The open mirror was closed with a bang, and reflecting glass showed the sixteen-year old face of Josh Gold Sugimori. Bark, dark brown dusty hair, symmetrical swept-back bangs and ear length hair from where he had cropped it in a mentally unhealthy rage a year ago hung around his forehead. Silver-hazel eyes that he couldn't cut, no matter how insane he was, eyes that were just waking up, still. A placid, peachy face that wasn't fully conscious, body wearing a rumpled t-shirt, an ever-faithful reminder to days of old, that read; PALLET BASKETBALL.

The S.S. Lapras was air-conditioned, but Josh couldn't feel the coolness until he exited the shower twenty minutes later, hair soaking and scalp freezing. He had no time to pamper his hair, not today. Today was a big day, and no matter how much vanity his hair demanded of him, he would not let the dead protein atop his head make him late.

Today was a very important day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josh and Professor Oak walked down the docks of Littleroot Town, Jasmine continued to take the boat to Lavaridge.

"So where is Professor Birch's lab?" Josh turned to the senior professor, who merely smiled and pointed to a far off house-like structure.

"Really? Your lab is MUCH bigger than this one." Josh chuckled as the two spread open the wide double doors of Prof. Birch's lab.

"PROFESSOR! GOOD MORNING!" Josh shouted, barging in with Professor Oak, who was standing behind him.

Professor Birch poked his head out from behind a shelf with a wide grin.

"There you are! Glad you came."

"Whew! Thanks…I thought I was late." Josh chuckled,

"Oh you are, hideously." The professor smiled mildly and shook hands with Oak,

"Good to see you Professor." Birch smiled, Oak merely smiled back. A young girl with brown hair, and a beautiful figure appeared and hugged Birch.

"Hey daddy." Josh could feel his face started to glow red, she was really pretty.

"Well yes, here are five pokeballs and one Starter Ball." Josh was handed these new types of pokeballs, that looked a bit more futuristic than the others. He smiled, he liked these new pokeballs.

"Josh, you should head out to Starter Park. Me and Professor Oak here will stay behind." Professor Birch said.

"Yes Josh, I need to head to Lavaridge with Jasmine anyways." Josh smiled and walked out of the lab, before looking at Birch's daughter and waving goodbye.

The desert was a barren wasteland, sand whipped up in all directions. He raised his arm in front of his face to shield his eyes from the whipped up sand.

'Why did I even come to the desert area?!' He thought to himself, only to trip over a small object submerged in the sand.

"Crap!" He swore under his breath, he looked back to see a glowing orange orb in the floor. A shimmering black bead moved and seemed to stare at Josh. He was stunned, and slightly disgusted at the same time. Josh proceeded to grab a nearby broken branch and poke the object.

"Traaaan..." The object muttered, Josh backed up and out popped a small orange pokemon. Its large jaw separated and growling,

"Oh yea...this guy's mine." Josh smirked. He grasped his Starter Ball, and gripped it at the small indents. With the other hand, he grabbed the broken branch with his other hand and proceeded to lunge at the pokemon as if in a sword fight.

"TRAAAPICNH!" Josh smirked.

"NOW!" Josh yelled as he launched the Starter Ball, the pokemon absorbed into the ball. It fell to the floor and shuffled in the sand for a bit, Josh squinted his eyes and tried to look for the ball. A bright red light began to glow, indicating it was captured.

He ran over and clipped the ball to his waist, "So the journey begins..."

Years
*faints*

Amazing! Wow, good post...words serve no justice.

Congratulations! Josh gets a Trapinch, Male!

400 People....a lot of Trainers. I liked what happened before, although I'm a bit confused...and I really liked how you described the new Poke Ball!

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
PROLOGUE:

"So...you're leaving today, huh?" Lucio turned to look at the tall boy standing beside him; his pale face looked like marble in the sunlight and his deep brown eyes looked into his with a slight sadness.

"Yes," Lucio answered. He smirked slightly, "Don't be sad, David, I'll be back sooner than you can say 'I miss you'." The boy, David, attempted to smile, but he frowned. Cio, as he was known to his friends, frowned as well, "Talk to me, David. Please?"

David turned to face Lucio and his eyes welled with tears, "I...I don't want you to go."

Lucio put his hands on David's cheek and wiped away the tears that were running down his face with his thumbs, his fingers being tickled by the boy's stubble, "It won't be for long," He said, and then went in for a kiss. David kissed him back, and for a moment it was as if time had stood still. Releasing himself from David's lips, Lucio smirked, "Better?"

David blushed a deep pink, "O-okay...But," He said, firmly grasping Lucio's arm, "You'd better call as soon as you get there, okay?"

Their conversation was interupted by the sound of the harbor intercome, "PASSENGERS PLEASE HAVE YOUR TICKETS READY! THE S.S. WAILORD FOR HOENN WILL BE DEPARTING SOON!"

Lucio sighed, grabbed his duffel bag and slung it over his shoulder, "I guess it's time..." He kissed David again, lightly, "I'll call, I promise."

As he turned to board the ship, David ran up, "Wait!" Lucio stopped and turned, "I want you to have this as a reminder of us." He handed him a white envelope with a simple seal in the shape of a black heart.

"What is it?" Lucio asked.

"Open it in Hoenn." David answered. The ship's horn wailed, signalling that the ship was about to depart. Biting his lower lip, David quickly ran off the boarding ramp and turned to see the ship was begining its departure, "Bye! I'll be waiting for you!"

Lucio cupped is hands around his mouth and shoted back, "I'll miss you! I'll be back beofre you know it, I promise!"

As the ship entered open water, Lucio pocketed the letter, he'd open it as soon as the ship docked in Littleroot. Leaning against the railing on the ship's starboard side, the boy contemplated various things that'd been troubling him. I'll be in Hoenn in a few hours...David's holding on to my Pokemon for me, but will they be all right...will David be all right?

He sighed heavily and decided to get some rest before he arrived in Hoenn. Adjusting the strap of his duffel bag, he made his way to his cabin. Hoenn would be waiting for him when he awoke...

"ATTENTION PASSENGERS AND CREW, WE HAVE JUST DOCKED IN LITTLEROOT TOWN, HOENN. PLEASE GATHER YOUR BELONGINGS, PASSENGERS, AND HAVE YOUR TRAINER CARDS ON HAND TO DEPART. CREW, READY THE MOPS AND BUCKETS AND COMENSE CLEANING!"

Lucio was already waiting at the ship's ramp to depart. The guard viewed his card and gave him the go ahead to leave. Walking out of the ship and onto the ground of the Hoenn region, Lucio took a deep breath, It all starts now.

He made his way to Professor Birch's Lab, as indicated by the card he'd recieved in the mail three weeks earlier. Prof. Birch was the one who'd give Lucio his starter Pokemon and then he'd begin his journey of this new, exotic place.

The walk to the lab was short, but Lucio enjoyed the scenery of the quiet town of Littleroot. He smiled as a pack of wild Mightyena ran through the trees close to the trail. Walking up the steps to the lab's front door, and entering, Lucio found himself to be unusually nervous. For a brief moment, he was enveloped in a green aura, before it evaporated and he chuckled.

A man of about 40, wearing a lab coat over a pair of khakis and a black shirt walked up to him, "Hello! You must be...uhh..." He seemed confused and began rubbing he beard. His hair was chesnut brown and he was slightly burly.

"His name's Lucio, Dad! Lu-See-Oh, got it? He's one of the Trainers who came for the league." The answer came from a girl who looked to be Lucio's age. She walked over and smiled, "I'm May Birch. This is my dad, Professor Birch."

Lucio smiled and extended a hand to the professor, "A pleasure to meet you both. I'm Lucio Mordise, but you can call me Cio. I came because of the invitation?" He produced the card he'd recieved in the mail and showed the professor.

"Ah! Yes, now I remember! Hahahah, terribly sorry, Lucio!" Birch boasted. He laughed heartily as he led Lucio over to a desk cluttered with papers, folders, and text books. Prof. Birch shuffled through the papers and found a small box, "A-hah! Here it is!" He opened the box, revealing a PokeBall, except colored Yellow and Black, "This," Birch explained, handing it to Lucio, "is a Starter Ball. It has the same function as a Master Ball, except it will only capture basic Pokemon without fail. Outside the lab is an area I built called Starter Park. May and I have bred and imported dozens of Pokemon for new Trainers to capture in the park. I want you to go out and capture your own starter Pokemon."

May giggled, "It's really fun. I'll go with you if you want?"

Lucio smiled, "Thank you, Prof. Birch and May. I'll go by myself if you don't mind, May." May frowned for a moment but then shrugged and left.

Prof. Birch grinned, "Ah, a soloist, I see! Well, here, take these supplies with you. You'll need them for your journey." The professor produced a larger box containg five regular PokeBalls, a Potion, and a PokeDex, "The PokeBalls are essential for capturing wild Pokemon. The Potion is in case your Pokemon get injured. And, finally, the PokeDex will record data on any Pokemon you encounter."

Lucio nodded, "Thank you, Professor. I'll be going now." Lucio packed his duffel bag with the supplies and departed from the lab. He gripped the Starter Ball, it looked modified compared to the PokeBalls in Johto, maybe it was part of the campaign to make Hoenn popular again. He scratched his scalp with his free hand and chuckled, I'm finally here! And now I'm going to capture my first Hoenn region Pokemon!

He had traversed the majority of the Starter Park with little interest. I've been here for over an hour and I'm pretty sure I know a majority of this region's Pokemon: Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple, and it repeats from there...He thought to himself. Finally, he arrvied at the cave sector and was surprised when he found what looked like a floating blue...rock? Lucio whipped out the PokeDex and checked the Pokemon's data:

Beldum, the Iron Ball Pokemon. Instead of blood, a powerful magnetic energy runs through this Pokemon. When two of them gather together, a strange force causes them to evolve into Metang.

"So that's what you are..." Lucio murmured under his breath. The Beldum just stared with lazy interest. "Well, Beldum, you're..." He prepared to throw the ball, "MINE!" The Starter Ball flew true and engulfed the Beldum in a bright red light before encasing it.

The ball fell to the floor and wiggled for a moment before stopping with a satisfying ping. Lucio picked it up and clipped the ball to his bag, "Let's go..."

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
It's my big day, Katie thought in bed. You get to start a new life in the Hoenn region. Katie woke up and hopped out of her comfortable pink bed. She slipped into her clothes and headed downstairs. "See ya gramps!" Katie exclaimed excitedly to her 68 year old grandfather who she lives with. She stepped out of her house into the great outdoors. She strutted along by the Celadon Department Store as well as Erika's Pokemon Gym, and passed the Pokemon Center along the way. "Hey Katie, what's happenin'?" Katie's best friend Josef said to her. "I'm waiting for a bus to Fuchsia City. I'm heading towards the Hoenn region!" she excitedly told Josef. "I thought that Hoenn died quite a while ago!" "Yeah, well I'm reviving it!" She waited in front of Celadon City Fountain for a bus to arrive. There it did, and it took her to Fuchsia City.

She pulled up in front of the vast Safari Zone of Fuchsia City. She had finally arrived in Fuchsia City. After a 3 hour bus ride, she had finally arrived and was know waiting at Fuchsia Dock for the SS Lapras to arrive. After 30 minutes sitting on the bus, the huge Water Pokemon-like boat arrived at Fuchsia Dock. She sprinted towards the loading point. "Tickets!" the security guard asked Katie as she excitedly trotted on the boat. "Yeah, right here," Katie responded. The boat was amazing. It was full of life and there was a large aquarium featuring Pokemon like Magikarp, Goldeen, Finneon, and Corsola. It was amazing. It looked exactly like a Lapras. I guess that's where it got it's name. The SS Lapras. Oh my God, I can't hold it in anymore. I just want to scream I'm so excited! Katie thought.

She loaded the boat. A voice came over the PA. "All aboard!" the voice boomed across what seemed like the whole Kanto region. No one else boarded, so Katie figured that they would be leaving. She figured correctly. They left immediately after that and Katie took a seat in her suite. She along with 3 other trainers were placed in "penthouse suites" which were really large rooms on the top of the boat. On their trip to Hoenn, they made many stops. Pinkan Island, Pallet Town, Cinnabar Island, New Bark Town, and many more stops. By the time they had finally hit all stops except for Littleroot, there were only the 4 trainers left on the boat. The boat had finally docked in Littleroot after 4 days of water travel. Finally, we arrived! Katie screamed in her head. The docking board unloaded, and the 4 trainers got off of the boat.

Katie strutted off of the boat and after her first step in Littleroot Town she was ecstatic. Her breath was taking away by the view. There was a beautiful open port and many tall buildings and towers that shot up into the sky. There was an easy to see laboratory that looked like it was out of a movie from the 30th century. She looked around the town and say the house of the famed trainers Brendan and May. She could see the Hoenn Pokemon Hall Of Fame. She could see everything from just standing on the ground. She got her breath back and started heading towards the Hoenn Region welcome center. Above it was a huge streamer that said "Welcome to the grand re-opening of the Hoenn region!" She walked towards the security center and confronted the guard.

"Welcome... is it Katie? We are really glad that you are here. You are the first trainer to enter the Hoenn region in quite some time now. Professor Birch and her daughter May and looking for you in the Hoenn Region Pokemon Lab. Follow this map to reach them. First you come down Welcome Street and on their third road which is Stratusphere Street. Head down that road and on the intersection of Stratusphere and Sunshine Lane there is the lab," the guard displayed in large detail. "Well, thanks for having me! I hope that I can give this region more hustle and bustle than it does currently!" Katie replied, and she headed down Welcome Street. She passed many shoppes and the Littleroot Pokemon Center. She found Stratusphere Street and finally had reached the lab. She was surprised at the population at the town. She saw about 30 people in total. She jumped up the steps and arrived at the lab doors.

Katie walked through the doors of the high-tech modern lab to see a huge display of Pokemon items. Pokemon Balls, Pokemon Dex Entries, Pokemon Displays, Pokemon everything! Katie stepped through the large lab and headed towards two eccentric-looking characters. The one on the right looked like a girl in her mid twenties with a red bow in her head, flowing brown hair and sort of chubby legs. She wore blue jeans and a red long-sleeve polo shirt. She had two blue and white gloves on and she held a Pokemon Ball in one hand and her hair in the other. The man next to her looked about fifty and had gray hair that looked like it had been burnt to a crisp previously. He had a brown shirt covered by a white scientist's outfit. He had big red glasses and brown sneakers. Katie strutted towards this "Professor Birch" and excitedly said "I'm so happy to be here!"

"Well we are excited to have you here!" the professor responded. "I'm Professor Birch, and this is my daughter May. We have been waiting for trainers to visit Hoenn for quite some time now. We really respect that you've chosen Hoenn as your next destination point." "Well thanks for having me!" Katie exclaimed. "What am I here for?" "Well, as you know, the Hoenn region has been almost deserted for a long time. We figure if you beat the Pokemon Gym Leaders and beat the Ever Grande League, than it would get the fame it deserves and people would come here, and on your side you would be a famed trainer!" Birch excitedly said. "Yeah, the Hoenn region is beautiful. I think you will enjoy it here," May explained. "Well that's awesome! So where do I get my first Hoenn Pokemon?" Katie wondered, then asked. "Well you see, off on Route 101, we have constructed this area known as Starter Park. You get one ball called a started ball, and the first Pokemon you see will be caught. You might have to gain it's friendship, but it will be caught," Birch explained. "Cool!"

Katie arrived at Route 101 and immediately could spot Starter Park. Who couldn't? It was a huge area that looked like it went on for miles! She trotted up to the reception center and said "I was sent by Birch. Here is my starter ball." "Go on ahead," the guard said. It seemed like she was trying to not care but she was really excited. Katie arrived in a huge area and quickly spotted a lake, a cave, a forest, and a grassland. Katie had previously beaten the Kanto league with a Venusaur, so she headed for the forest because that's what she loved. She saw many Pokemon, but none that appealed to her while walking through the dense Starter Park woods. After about 3 hours of hiking, she spied a Pokemon that looked like it was smashing rocks. Katie whistled. The Pokemon looked at her and she looked at it. It was an instant connection. The Pokemon, known as Bagon, quit smashing rocks and was just attention-caught by Katie. She tiptoed over to it, not trying to startle it. "Hey baby, mama just wants to catch you so I can take care of you and take you out of this Safari!" Katie cooed. She gently tapped the ball on Bagon's head. "Bay, bay!" Bagon responded excitedly. Bagon had easily accepted Katie's proposition and Katie had caught him. There was an instant relationship.

Years
Chapter 1

~CHAPTER 1~

Trainers from all over the world has come to Hoenn. This Rebirth maybe the greatest thing Hoenn has ever had.

The Trainers we are focused on are now entering Route 101, to test out their new partners. What will happen there? Don't ask me, they're the ones in control~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guidelines:

1. Your character enters Route 101, and gets to know their Pokemon more.

2. They use the Poke Dex to know what moves their Starters know, their Gender, everything important.

3. They battle one wild Pokemon.

4. They don't capture a Pokemon in Route 101. Well, they can't.

5. They leave Route 101, and enter Oldale Town. They heal their Pokemon, and take a break or whatever before heading out again.

6. They visit Oldale Ruins, which has ancient pictures that tell of the ancient battle between Groudon & Kyogre, and how Rayquaza broke them up, and how they went to sleep ever since then. Oldale Ruins is under Oldale Town. An old lady tells them what the pictures mean, for she is the guild there.

7. They leave Oldale Town, and go north to Route 103.

8. They battle a Trainer. What they have is up to you, but they need to be at least Level 2 and have one Pokemon only.

9. They can capture a Pokemon, just so you know.

10. They go back to Oldale, go to the Pokemon Center, go to sleep, and will venture out to Petalburg in the morning.

11. They can't go yet due to construction of a house, which is blocking the entrance to Route 102, the way to Petalburg City.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon in Route 101:

Zigzagoon
Spr_4d_263.png

The TinyRaccoon Pokemon

Zigzagoon restlessly wanders everywhere at all times. This Pokémon does so because it is very curious. It becomes interested in anything that it happens to see. This Pokémon may play dead to fool foes in battle.

Gender Differences: None.

Type: Normal

Abilities: Pick Up, Gluttony.
Pick Up allows it to pick up random items, and Gluttony allows Zigzagoon to eat a berry earlier than usual.

Moves: Tackle, Growl.

Levels as a wild Pokemon: 2-3.

Poochyena
Spr_4d_261.png

The Bite Pokemon

At first sight, Poochyena takes a bite at anything that moves. This Pokémon chases after prey until the victim becomes exhausted. However, it may turn tail if the prey strikes back.

Type: Dark

Abilities: Run Away & Quick Feet.
Run Away allows Poochyena to always run away from a battle, Quick Feet boosts it's speed if there's a status problem.

Moves: Tackle.

Wurmple
Spr_4p_265.png

The Worm Pokemon

Using the spikes on its rear end, Wurmple peels the bark off trees and feeds on the sap that oozes out. This Pokémon's feet are tipped with suction pads that allow it to cling to glass without slipping. The thread it spits from its mouth, which becomes gooey when it touches air, slows the movement of its foes.

Type: Bug

Abilities: Shield Dust.
Shield Dust negates the effects of extra effects on moves, such as Body Slam, which will do normal damage.

Moves: String Shot, Tackle.

Pokemon at night:

Zubat
Spr_4h_041_m.png

The Bat Pokemon

Zubat remains quietly unmoving in a dark spot during the bright daylight hours. It does so because prolonged exposure to the sun causes its body to become slightly burned. During the daytime, it stays in caves or under the eaves of old houses, sleeping while hanging upside down.

Gender Differences: Females have shorter fangs.

Types: Poison/Flying

Abilities: Inner Focus.
Inner Focus makes Zubat never flinch.

Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic.

Level as a Wild Pokemon: 5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Route 103:

The same as Route 101, except for this guy:

Wingull
Spr_4p_278.png

The Seagull Pokemon

Wingull has the habit of carrying prey and valuables in its beak and hiding them in all sorts of locations. This Pokémon rides the winds and flies as if it were skating across the sky.

Types: Water/Flying

Abilities: Keen Eye.
Keen Eye allows Wingull's accuracy to never decrease.

Moves: Growl, Water Gun.

Level as a wild Pokemon: 2-5.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can catch Pokemon in Route 103, okay? So have fun~

Wait, in order to get a shiny Pokemon, you must have a really really really really really good post, even then you're limited to only 1 Shiny.

Alright, now you may post~

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
"You must be Bagon!" Katie told her little dragon-type Pokemon. "Bay! Bag!" he responded. Katie and Bagon were walking towards Route 101 and heading towards the small town in the distance, Oldale Town. They trotted along, Pokemon and Trainer. So, I heard that you evolve into Salamence. That means you can fly once you evolve!" Katie explained to Bagon. Bagon's eye glittered. It was imagining itself soaring through the sky, ripping through the clouds. Katie took notice and realized how much Bagon wanted to fly.

Katie flipped open her Edition III Pokedex and pointed it towards Bagon.

"Bagon, the Rock Head Pokemon. Bagon harbors a never-ending dream of one day soaring high among the clouds. As if trying to dispel its frustration over its inability to fly, this Pokémon slams its hard head against huge rocks and shatters them into pebbles. Your Bagon has the ability Rock Head, and knows the moves Rage, Bite, Fire Fang and Dragon Dance," the Pokedex instructed. Katie closed her Pokedex. "Wow, you're a special little guy aren't ya?" Katie asked. Katie walked into the tall grass, and a Pokemon jumped at her.

Katie once again ripped out her Pokedex.

"Poochyena, the Bite Pokemon. Poochyena is an omnivore - it will eat anything. A distinguishing feature is how large its fangs are compared to its body. This Pokémon tries to intimidate its foes by making the hair on its tail bristle out. This Poochyena has the abilities Run Away and Quick Feet, and knows the move Tackle," it explained. "Bagon, go! Use Fire Fang!" "Babababababababagon!" Bagon cried. It dug it's red fangs into the dark skin of the Poochyena. "HowOOOOOOO!" Poochyena screeched in pain. It then collapsed into a lump of dog. "Whoa, Bagon, you're strong!"

Katie and Bagon trotted in to Oldale Town.

6. They visit Oldale Ruins, which has ancient pictures that tell of the ancient battle between Groudon & Kyogre, and how Rayquaza broke them up, and how they went to sleep ever since then. Oldale Ruins is under Oldale Town. An old lady tells them what the pictures mean, for she is the guild there.

7. They leave Oldale Town, and go north to Route 103.

8. They battle a Trainer. What they have is up to you, but they need to be at least Level 2 and have one Pokemon only.

9. They can capture a Pokemon, just so you know.

10. They go back to Oldale, go to the Pokemon Center, go to sleep, and will venture out to Petalburg in the morning.

11. They can't go yet due to construction of a house, which is blocking the entrance to Route 102, the way to Petalburg City.

Last edited:

TundraCanine

Shizuku
Years
Part 1:

Branson strode through the long grasses of Route 101, looking for any Pokemon. It was almost completely void of wild Pokemon. He kept on walking through the long mixtures of weeds and grasses. Eventually, he came upon a log, which he sat on. He pulled out the Starter Ball and tossed it up and down. He caught it, and pressed the button. His new Steel type Pokemon popped out in a red beam. "Ar....Aron!" his Pokemon greeted happily, jumping onto his lap. "Well, you didn't act like this when I first saw you." Branson said. "Change of personality?" Alloy did a sort of barking sound, which Branson could not comprehend. "Ah well, we'll be spending lots of time together, plenty of things to get to know."

A rustling, scratchy sound, interrupted Branson's speech with Alloy. "GOON!" he heard, and a slender, brown Pokemon appeared. "ZIG! ZIG!" it barked. Branson jumped up, switching on his Pokedex in the process. It read:
Spr_4d_263.png

"Zigzagoon, the TinyRaccoon Pokémon. Zigzagoon is extremely curious and so ends up walking in a zigzag path between things that interest it."

Branson closed his Pokedex. "Hmm? This Zigzagoon seems more agitated than curious." It had started hopping up and down in an angry manner.
"Ok, looks like a good time for our first battle! Alloy, GO!" Branson said as he pointed to the restless Zigzagoon. Alloy didn't move. "Um, Alloy, that means attack....." His little Aron still didn't move, it just stared at him blankly. "Oh right" Branson said as he slapped his forehead. He checked Alloy's data on the Pokedex for her moves. "Lets see...." he hummed.

Tackle
Harden
Head Smash
Body Slam

"Oh, ok, lets try this...."Alloy, use Tackle!" This time, she seemed to have understood. She took a running start and slammed into the Zigzagoon, catching it by surprise. As it flew backwards, it recovered quickly. Then it launched its own Tackle, in which Alloy cowered in fear of. Sadly, his attack glanced off of her, and her confidence returned. "Alloy, Tackle again! " she rushed him again, this time at full speed. Another direct hit! The Zigzagoon fell to the ground, and barely stood up again. Branson knew this was the Zigzagoon's final stand. "Ok Alloy, finish it up with Head Smash!" Alloy ran at her top speed, her head beginning to glow. As she neared the Tiny Raccoon Pokemon, it attempted to run, but Alloy had already slammed into it with her attack. It flew into the air, and landed. Before they could attack again, it stood up, looked back, and promptly ran off.

"Alloy! I knew you could do it!" Branson said as he scooped her up in his arms, hugging her. she gave one of her more affectionate barks. He left her out oof her Ball, and they walked towards Odale Town together.

Last edited:

Lachryma

ラクリマ ღ lost in thought
Years
Prologue ~ VS Slakoth
"…After a long day, as well as a long battle, our heroes continue on their journey throughout the Tohjo region, hoping to solve the unsolved mysteries that lie within Tohjo. Tune in next week to find out what they get themselves into this ti…" The TV was off before the female voice was finished speaking. Claire had already seen this episode tons of times. A made up region, with a made up set of characters, going around and battling with Pokemon Claire had never seen before. From "Bidoof" to "Buizel" to even the supposedly rare "Shaymin", Claire wasn't too interested in the series anymore. Nowadays, it was there if she needed some nostalgia.

Simply put, nothing went on in Orre like it used to. Team Cipher and Team Snagem were what made Orre so interesting, that is, until they were taken care of not once, but twice, while Claire was still young and incapable of stopping them herself. Whenever she heard the reports on the news, she wished it could be her they were talking about, where she took down the head honcho, and managed to snag all the Shadow Pokemon. But that was never the case. Her parents wouldn't even let her travel outside of Phenac on her own, so she was by herself. Of course, this had lead to trouble.

The second time Cipher was creating and using Shadow Pokemon, they had taken over Phenac. Claire and her family were caught up in this incident and locked away under the Pre Gym, until a red-haired adolescent freed them. Whatever happened to those days? Why can't they come back, so I can play the role of the hero, or at least find an excuse to travel? Claire asked herself. The answer was, simply, something like this would never happen again, no matter how much Claire wished it would.

Claire's desire to travel never changed. And yet, she was a caged bird, unable to fly far without running into an end. Whenever she asked her parents if she could go, they always insisted that someone had to go with her. They wouldn't even let her go with a full team of Pokemon unless she was with somebody. Claire was not pleased. But she respected her parents' decision, wishing to avoid conflict.

~x~

"Claire's becoming a real beauty, isn't she?"

"Yes, but I still can't help but worry about her. She's still into adventure, right?"

"Indeed. To be honest, that's something I've wanted to talk with you about… You see, I think Claire may be reaching the point where she needs to get out on her own for a change."

"What? But dear, we can't have her travel alone!"

"Well, what if we let her travel someplace where the Lune family isn't well-known? After all, outside of the Orre region, not many people know of our wealth."

"…You're right. But where to let her travel?"

~x~

"This 'grand re-opening' thing… This could be the perfect chance for Claire to travel!"

"This seems suspicious, though. How would they KNOW we're out here? And better yet, why us? Nobody in our family, let along Claire, is known for battling."

"Actually, there's something I've been hiding from you…"

"Sarah? You battle?"

"No, technically speaking. I… I've taken part in some of the contests while you were away on business trips."

"I see. And you think the reason why we got this form was because they thought some of your talent would be in our daughter?"

"I suppose so, Harold."

"But I don't even think Claire can battle, let alone perform in contests!"

"She's watched that silly adventure show long enough. Let's give her a chance."

"But…when?"

"Her birthday is in a few days…"

~x~

When Claire's birthday did come around, her parents surprised her with a trip to Hoenn on a luxury cruise ship, known as the S.S. Lapras. Claire, of course, thought this was just another one of her parents' business trips, and she could only come along because it was her birthday. However, she found it odd that her parents asked her to pack a bunch of clothes and other stuff needed. After all, whenever she did go with her parents on trips like these, she always returned home within a week. When they boarded the ship, she questioned her parents, and all they did was smile at her.

As the ship moved smoothly across the water, Claire pondered the reasons why her parents were acting so strangely. Divorce came to mind, but Claire shrugged that off. She didn't want to think such horrible thoughts. Then there was the possibility of her family eventually going bankrupt. She wouldn't mind that, because it would mean the chances of traveling would be more likely.

"Claire? May we come in?" the sound of her mother's voice caused Claire's thoughts to evaporate. Sighing, she let them in. Over the next hour, her parents told her of their plans for her. They told her of Hoenn's grand re-opening, and how Claire was to receive a Pokemon of her very own. They also mentioned that she would be able to travel Hoenn alone (with the exception of her Pokemon), and at this point, Claire wanted to hear no more. Best. Day. Ever, she told herself as she went out to the ship's deck. She let the wind blow gently in her face, and watched as the ship grew closer and closer to a dock.

When the boat finally stopped, Claire and her parents departed. Claire was then given a Poke Ball, one with a grass sticker on it.

"You're giving me Topi?" she asked her parents. They nodded.

"You're going to need a Pokemon before you get your own. And since Topi can fly back to us, we're lending him to you. Oh, and here's the card with directions to the lab." Claire was given a small index card, and when she looked at it, she sighed.

"The lab is only what? About half a mile away?"

"You can never be too careful." Her parents smiled that same smile, and after what seemed like forever, Claire was finally free to head towards the lab. Within minutes, she had arrived. It was getting to be in the evening, as the sun was setting in the west. Claire entered the building quietly, only to be startled by a sudden noise.

"What do you mean, there are still some people who haven't gotten their starters?"

"Dad, some people have yet to arrive! So don't close the park down yet!" A young girl was fighting with someone who seemed to be her father, and boy, was she ticked. Claire approached them cautiously, and waited for them to calm down. When they finally noticed her, she bowed politely.

"Good evening. I am Claire Lune. I believe I was signed up for Hoenn's grand re-opening?" She didn't bat an eye at either the girl or her father, but stayed bowing.

"Ahhh, you're Miss Lune. I'm Professor Birch, and this is my kid, May," the man replied.

"Pleased to meet you, Claire," May said with a smile. "I guess you'll want your starter then?"

"If I may get one at this time. I realize I did come rather late."

"Oh, you still have time. In fact, why don't we show you the way to Starter Park?" That said, the three headed out the door towards Route 101. On the way, May explained to Claire how the park worked.

"So, if I have things correctly, I have to catch the Pokemon I want myself? And because most of the other trainers selected have already arrived, the choices are now strictly limited?" Claire asked.

"That's correct!" May exclaimed. "But don't worry, I don't think the remaining Pokemon are too bad." Claire nodded at this, and then realized she still had Topi with her. Pulling the Poke Ball from her pocket, she opened it up and looked at the Tropius. The fact that she had a Pokemon caught the professor and May by surprise.

"OK, Topi, you can go back to my parents now," Claire said politely. The Tropius nodded and flew off, its Poke Ball in its mouth. After it was out of sight, the three were at the Starter Park. A special sort of Poke Ball was shoved into her hands (a "Starter Ball", if Claire recalled correctly), and Claire was left on her own in the large field. Besides the flying Pokemon overhead (Claire figured they weren't a part of the park, especially if choices were limited), there wasn't a single Pokemon in sight. Sighing, Claire began towards the center, where it seemed like she would have luck. Unfortunately, this only led her to the forest area, which had many trees, making many suitable hiding places for Pokemon.

An hour passed, and Claire was beginning to grow tired of walking. But, this was part of her adventure, so she couldn't stop now. She sat down under a tree, and yawned. I wonder if I could get a Pokemon another way… Just then, she heard a rustling sound from above her. Looking up, Claire noticed a small patch of tan coming from the tree.

"Gotcha!" she cried out, throwing the Starter Ball at the tan. All of a sudden, a claw came out of nowhere and knocked the ball back in Claire's direction. The brown patch began to move a little, and after a few minutes a Pokemon's face came into view. It was that of a Slakoth's, a Pokemon Claire had seen quite a bit back in Orre. Of course, she knew of its slowness, but a Pokemon was a Pokemon, so what else could she do.

"All right, you ready? I'm gonna catch you!" Claire exclaimed. She threw the ball again, and just like before, the Slakoth knocked it back at her. For a slow Pokemon, its reflexes sure are quick! Claire thought in astonishment. She tried to change her angle so she could catch the Pokemon off-guard, but nonetheless, the Slakoth blocked each and every one of her moves. Growing tired of this, Claire began to walk away. Quite honestly, she was a bit let down. Her first chance to catch a Pokemon, and she was failing miserably. If this were any ordinary Poke Ball, I wouldn't be able to use it anymore… And if I can't catch even a Slakoth, I'm definitely a terrible trainer… she told herself.

Claire rested under a different tree in the forest this time, hoping that she'd find another Pokemon. At the same time, she was hungry, and pulled out a rice ball her parents carefully put together from her bag. However, just as she had gotten her mouth towards it, something jumped from the tree and landed face-forward onto the rice ball. It was a Slakoth. No, the Slakoth that Claire had encountered earlier. It began chewing slowly on the rice ball, its claws digging deeply into the sides.

"H-hey! That was meant for me!" Claire shouted as she tossed the Pokemon against the opposite side of the tree. The Slakoth looked over at her lazily, and continued to munch on the rice ball. Wait a second… Claire realized. I wonder… She approached the Slakoth, and bowed politely at it.

"You're hungry, aren't you? I have more rice balls, if you'd like them." Even though the Slakoth's face seemed to remain emotionless, Claire could tell it wanted more. She took her bag off and reached inside, pulling out a few more rice balls. "Let me at least have one, though, OK?" she asked it. The Pokemon slowly raised a claw, as if acknowledging her. She then passed the remaining rice balls over to the Pokemon, and after another hour or so, it was stuffed. Claire smiled at the Pokemon, just now noticing how cute it was. The Pokemon inched its way towards Claire, and placed a paw on the Starter Ball. Claire looked at it in surprise.

"Are you telling me you wanna come along?" The Pokemon raised a paw again, and Claire smiled. She calmly tapped the ball against the Slakoth, and it opened without a problem. A few moments later, the ball indicated that the Slakoth had been caught, for good. Finally done in the area, Claire made her way to the entrance, relieved that she was actually able to catch her first Pokemon. Maybe I should try a similar method on all Pokemon I encounter. After all, one way to anybody's hearts is through their stomach, right?

(OOC: She'll be giving the Slakoth the nickname in chapter 1, 'k?)

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
Chapter 1:

(In this chapter, Lucio is capable of having a converstaion with Stele. If you don't agree with this I can change it. The only reason I included it is because Lucio has the ability to sense human emotion and vaguely sense Pokemon emotion. Since Beldum is part Psychic, I implemented that with Lucio's ability, allowing him to speak to Stele but ONLY Stele and ONLY when they are in direct contact.)

Lucio and Stele had left Littleroot and were now entering the threshold of Route 101. Lucio doesn't believe in keeping his Pokemon in confined spaces. Stele floated lazily beside him, his one red eye looking dozey. "Ya know, Stele, I know almost nothing about you! Maybe the PokeDex can..." He trailed off as he dug through the pockets of his duffel bag and finally pulled out the PokeDex, "Ah! Here it is! Now, lezee," he opened the device and typing in the name BELDUM on the PokeDex's keypad, "there! Okay so what do we have here?"

Beldum, the Iron Ball Pokemon

Typing: Steel/Psychic
Size: 2' 00"
Weight: 209.9 lbs.
Egg Group: Mineral
Ability: Clear Body, prevents the user from have its statistics reduced
Attacks:
Take Down-Normal-BP: 90-ACC: 85-PP: 20-The user charges at the enemy and suffers recoil damage.
Iron Defense-Steel-BP: N/A-ACC: N/A-PP:15-Raises user's Defense 2 levels
Zen Headbutt-Psychic-BP: 80-ACC: 90-PP: 15-Has a 15% chacne of causing the opponent to flinch

Beldum have a powerful magnetic current flowing through their bodies instead of blood. Its head is capable of rotating 360 degrees, allowing it to sense the psychic auras of everything around it. Beldum is capable of using telekinetic powers to speak with people mentally.

"Wow, this thing gives a lot of information," Lucio muttered, slightly dazed by the sudden overload of information on his new partner, "Hahahah, well I think I know you a bit better now, Stele!" Stele simply floatd lazily as they walked, not seeming to be interested. Lucio frowned slightly, "But," he put his hand on Stele's head, "I don't know you personally."

Stele's eye opened widely. For a moment, he just stared at his new Master, but then, Stele closed his eye and a surge of energy rushed through Lucio's arm and into his head, making him feel lightheaded.

You...you're not like other humans I've met..., Stele said via thought.

Lucio was slightly taken aback that his Pokemon was talking to him, but he put that aside, You're right. I'm not like most humans. I can read peoples' thoughts, but Pokemon are a lot tougher.

I see...tell me, Lucio, why it is you chose me of all Pokemon to be your partner? In his mind, Stele's voice made him sound bored, Lucio noted.

Well, because my...my boyfriend, his name's David, is a big lover of Steel- and Dark-Type Pokemon, so I was determined to capture one or the other. You're a very interesting Pokemon, Stele.

Hmmm...I see...so, this-, but Stele's thought was cut-off as he was swept aside by a wild Poochyena's Tackle. Lucio simply wavers where he stands, the sudden break in Stele and his mental connection causing him to stall a moment. Stele decides to act out of command and charges at Poochyena with a Take Down. The blue Pokemon pitches at the Poochyena and connects for an attack that sends the Dark-Type flying into a near-by rock. It hits it with a cry and slumps to the ground.

"Wha..." Lucio shakes his head, "Ugh..." He sees the Poochyena attempting to get back on its feet and Stele floating, slightly slower than he had been a moment ago, He's hurt...the Poochyena attacked and he defended us with Take Down. Lucio rubbed his temple, "Stele! Quick! Iron Defense!"

Stele's head rotated so he could see his Master. Hearing the command, Stele nodded, or did as close to a nod as he could, and was suddenly shimmering steel; Iron Defense. The silver faded and Stele was his natural Beldum-blue.

"Good! Now, use Take Down!"

Stele bursted forth, blasting the rock that the wild Poochyena was using as a support to rubble. The Poochyena, however, was gone. Run Away, Lucio thought with annoyance. He walked over to Stele, who seemed more haggard than earlier and rubbed his spherical head, "Good work, buddy. You did well."

Thank you, Lucio, Stele said with a hint of exhaustion, I'm afraid I must rest soon.

Lucio nodded, "Right. We'll get you to the Pokemon Center in Oldale Town. Come on, it's not too far from here."

You are a good Master, Lucio, Stele said.

Lucio and Stele arrived in Oldale not much later. Having his Beldum quickly healed in the local Pokemon Center, Lucio asked some of the townsfolk about the Hoenn region and its past. The subject of a "Great War" kept arising, leaving the boy puzzled.

After Stele was fully healed, the companions decided to visit the local ruins. Lucio heard of them from an elderly man in the Pokemon Center. He'd said that his wife was the guide of the ruins and translated the pictures there.

Ancient ruins? Could they be describing the Great War? Stele had inquired when Lucio had mentioned it.

"Everyone I've spoken to mention's some 'Great War', but what is it?" Lucio answered.

As if on cue, a voice answered his question, "The Great War is the name given to the battle between Kyogre and Groudon, the Legendary Beasts of Sea and Land." The answer came from an elderly women in plain white robes with dingy gray hair and a pale, wrinkled face that made her look harmless, almost innocent.

Lucio blinked, "Um, I'm sorry, who are you?"

"I," the old lady said with in a dramatic tone, "am the guardian of the Oldale Ruins. These ruins describe the ancient battle that ensued between land and sea and that was stopped by the legendary Rayquaza, the ancient beast that created the layer of ozone which makes Earth habitable."

Lucio smiled kindly, "I see. Your husband told me about you. Thank you for clearing my ignorance, I'm Lucio."

"Ohohohohohoh, what flattery! A pleasure to meet you, Lucio!" The old lady boasted, "Would you care to view the ancient glyphs describimg the events that ensued centuries ago?"

Stele seemed interested because he was floating quickly to and fro, so Lucio took it as a sign that he should look and nodded.

"Come," the old lady turned and gestured with her hand, "you're mind will be broadened by the knowledge of the ancients."

The old lady described the events of the Great War to Lucio as he passed slabs of rock depicting cataclysmic scenes; land and sea colliding, a great red beast fighting an enormous blue whale, and a green serpent descending from above to cease the fighting.

After he viewed the pcitures and was told the whole tale, Lucio thanled the old woman and left. Stele nudged him in the shoulder and attached himself to his back, Was that not interesting?

"Yeah," Lucio answered, "I never knew about that...I guess every region has its own myths and legends, huh?"

What do you mean?

"Well, in Johto, where I'm from, we believe that the land was created by Ho-Oh and Lugia."

Odd...I've never heard of them...

Lucio just shook his head and chuckled as they left Oldale and entered Route 103.

The request was loud and completely unexpected. Lucio and Stele were looking for a Pokemon that Lucio was in search of when a young boy ambushed them challenging him to a battle. Lucio dispatched of him and his Level 2 Wurmple quickly.

Route 103 seemed fruitless of his sought-after Pokemon so he returned to Oldale for the night to rest. Tommorow, he'd head to Petalburg.

TundraCanine

Shizuku
Years
Part 2:

Branson and Alloy entered Odale Town, looking around at the incredibly small town. A few houses, a PokeCenter, and a PokeMart could hardly qualify as a town. They explored what they could of the small town before heading to the PokeCenter, where Branson got some food for him and Alloy to share. Branson sat down at a table and filled a small bowl of food up for Alloy. She gave her little bark of enjoyment. As he continued to eat, he noticed an old building near the edge of town. He finished his lunch quickly, and scooped up Alloy before she had a chance to finish.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He dashed out to the building, which looked more like a temple. He dashed inside, Alloy still held tightly in his hands. She squirmed around for a minute and eventually was released. Branson stood in awe at the sight of the ruins. Pictures were inscribed everywhere, but one stood out the most. It depicted three large beasts that seemed to be fighting. One was in the ocean, one was in the sky, and one was on land. "How interesting, I wonder why they were fighting." Branson said quietly. An old, raspy voice startled him. "Only two of them were fighting. Rayquaza was trying to end it." Branson jerked around, almost kicking Alloy in the process. "Wha?!?" Behind him was a small and frail old lady. "You must be new to the Hoenn region, for almost everyone knows about the story of how Groudon and Kyogre were fighting, and how Rayquaza descended from the sky to stop them. After the battle, they both went into a long state of dormancy." Branson was astonished. "Wow, they really fought so hard that another legendary Pokemon had to stop them?" His question was unanswered. He looked around. There was no old lady. "Where did she....." he whispered. He looked around the large ruins. No sign of the elder. Feeling a bit uneasy, Branson hurried out, Alloy tagging along.

"Ok Alloy, we can't advance on our journey if we stay in Odale. Lets go up north, and see if we can't find anything interesting eh?" Alloy gave her special little bark. Oh how Branson loved that sound. They rushed northward, running side by side. After a couple hundred yards or so, they halted and peeked around. "Hmm, this doesn't look much different that Route 101...." Branson said. He was startled by what seemed to be a loud, pre-pubescent screech. "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A POKEMON BATTLE!" Branson jabbed around, seeing a small kid of what? Age 10?

"Ha, well kid, lets go! I'll battle you right now!" The small child seemed to get angry at this. "I'LL BEAT YOU WITH THE POKEMON MY MOMMY BOUGHT FOR ME!" he yelled. Branson had to suppress the rapidly increasing laughter that was building up.

"GO! WURMPLE! I CHOOSE YOU!" the kid screamed, in an increasingly annoying manner.
"Alloy!" Branson said firmly. "Go on! Show him what we can do!" At this, Alloy jumped up, and landed in front of the Wurmple. The battle did not last long. Alloy's Tackle and Headsmash combo left the kid in tears. Branson walked off in a dignified manner. "Kid, listen to a few words of wisdom. A big mouth won't get you anywhere unless you can back it up." Branson said as he strode off, happy with their first victory.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As Branson and Alloy walked off towards Odale, they were ambushed by what seemed to be a small, black puppy. It snarled. "Hmm, ok. Two battles subsequently. This'll be fun! Alloy seemed ready this time. She took her stance without Branson even telling her to. "Haha! There you go, we're going to make a great team!" She barked her affection at him. Branson pulled out his Pokedex.

Spr_4d_261.png

"Poochyena, the Bite Pokémon. Poochyena is the pre-evolved form of Mightyena. Its biting strength is superior Pokémon, and has the endurance to chase opponents down until completely exhausted. "

"Ok Alloy, use Tackle!" As usual, Alloy took her running start at the opponent, but this Poochyena was smart. It sidestepped her attack and bit her. "Darn!" Branson said. "Alloy, retaliate with Body Slam!" Alloy smartly got up, and slammed with her weight into the Poochyena, sending it sprawling. "Alloy, hit it again with Tackle!" Once again, the Poochyena was hurled into the air. "Dang, this Poochyena can sure take a hit!" Branson laughed. "I know! I'll add it to my team!"
"Alloy, use Head Smash!" Alloy's head glowed, and she charged. At that time, the Poochyena charged with its own tackle attack. They collided in a blast, and both were sent airborne. Branson gasped. Both Pokemon were struggling to get up. He knew this was the time to capture it, before anymore damage was done. He chucked his Pokeball at the shaggy, black beast, and it was absorbed in a red beam. The Pokeball rolled around on the ground, glowing. Eventually, it stopped, and stood still. "Yea! Woohoo! I caught my second Pokemon in Hoenn!" Branson Jumped in joy. He grabbed his tired Pokemon, and gave her a hug. "You did good, now lets go get some rest." He said, looking at the darkening sky.

They entered the PokemonCenter, and Branson gave his two Pokemon to the Nurse to heal. When she was done, Branson thanked her, and proceeded to let Alloy out. She looked much better. He looked to the Nurse. "May I rent a room for the night as well?" He asked. "Of course" She said, rummaging around a drawer. "Here is your key. You will be staying in Room 6." Branson nodded and ran up the stairs.

Once inside the room, he took off his bag, and went straight to the shower, watching through the door as Alloy crawled onto the bed and laid down. Oh how a hot shower felt so good! Branson stayed in the running water for around ten minutes. He stepped out and pulled a towel around him. He walked into the room and noticed Alloy, asleep, on the edge of the bed. He smiled. He had had this Pokemon for less than a day, and already loved her incredibly so. He slipped on his sleeping clothes, and scooted himself into the bed, pulling his little Pokemon up next to him. Sleep came soon after.

Last edited:
Years
Pretty good posts, guys.

Congratulations, Stele became Level 6!

Congratulations, Alloy became Level 7!

Congratulations, Branson caught a Poochyena, Level 3!

Okay guys, I'm okay that Branson caught a Poochyena (I probably should have put wait for my approval, but WTH), and Stele, since he's a Pseudo, he levels up slower than most. Hope you guys are okay with this.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Chapter 1: Enter: Beatrice and Lucifer! The joke's on you now!

"Urf....What happened last night?" Bea opened her eyes to a dark and damp place. It took a minute for her to register what was going on, "Oh, that's right... I stowed away on this ship...Arceus, it's cold in here...and it smells too." Beatrice whined. She had a pounding headache and was freezing cold. She had stowed away in the ship's cargo hold in an attempt to get away from 1. The police, 2. To get to Hoenn without paying for a ticket. She shivered a little as she felt the boat rock back and forth as if it was mocking her.

Drip, Drip. Water was dripping from a leaky pipe and she could feel the creaking sound of boots on wood. "Suppose I should get out of this dump, sneak in have some breakfast, a nice hot shower, and a toilet." Bea muttered. This sounded extremely nice because of the way she had been staying recently. She couldn't remember the last time she had a shower and she could literally feel the guck and muck on her head. Dare she say? She felt like a human Grimer.

She got up on her feet. They felt stiff and cold, like she'd slept on an ice cube all night. "I soooo need a shower." Bea sighed.

-----​

Bea slowly crept past all the sailors watching the bottom hulls of the ship and snuck up into the guest room dormitories. She checked each room to see which ones were unlocked. She nearly screamed 'Thank Arceus!' when she saw the 1st class dormitories were all unlocked. She entered one and took a hot shower.

When's the last time I've had a hot shower like this? 3-4 weeks? It's much better than that icky, icy, spring water...She "borrowed" some of the shampoo the family had brought and "borrowed" some clothing and would wear them till she had a chance to wash her own clothing. Then she'd sell the clothing for a high amount of Poke. That's how it worked with a lifestyle like Bea's. She put the clothing on and put her shoes back on. Just as she was about to leave...the guest of the suite came back.

"Ehehehe, hello...?" Bea let out a nervous laugh.

Silence.

"THIIIIEEEEEEEEEFFFF!" The girl screamed and with that several people came running, "THIIIIEEEEFFF!'' The girl screamed again.

"AAAAH CRAP!" Bea yelled and dashed past the screaming girl and with hoards of security guards on her. I could probably lose them in the hoards of people but I get caught...Damn it. Bea thought to herself.

"Stop that girl! She's a thief!" One of the security guards yelled. Soon more security guards joined the chase. Bea looked and saw a shore in the horizon. "Guess I've got no choice." Bea thought. She hopped onto the railing. The sea breeze tickling her nose. "I'd really love to stay and chat but I've got things to do and people to see." Beatrice winked at the guards. And fell off the railing.

Purposely.

The guards gasped as they saw her nearly plunge face first into the water, but then they noticed she was using her dirty shirt as a parachute. She landed face first into a pile of sand in the town of Littleroot. Nearly choking on shadow she got up and looked around. "Note to self: When being chased by security guards pray to Arceus that you won't fall face first into the water and die." She laughed.

The town was quaint. A population of no more than 300. She giggled to herself and looked at a sign that was station outside the beach.

"Professor Birch's Lab - Now accepting new trainers!"

"Worth a shot!" Bea smiled and memorized the directions to the lab.

---​

"Ermmm...Hello?" Bea peeked into the mess that was the lab. She looked around. Papers scattered about, empty pokeballs lay open on the floor.

"Dad! The labs a mess! How do you expect to find anything in here?!" A femine voice yelled out.

"This is not a mess! This is research!" A more manly voice yelled back.

"Oh?! So this old hot dog is "research"?!" The girl yelled back.

Bea stepped inside the lab. "Ermm, hello?" Bea called out again. This time her call was answered back by a teenager, probably no older than Bea.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't see you. Welcome to Professor Birches lab..." May stopped mid sentence when began gritting her teeth, " Where trainers come to get supplies for their first Pokémon."

"And where I have an abusive daughter.." An older man whimpered in the corner.

"O...kay...I just came here to get a Pokémon..." Bea said. She was beginning to feel a little bit awkward and that was definitely a first.

"Sadly, we don't hand out starters any more...we give them a "Starter Ball" and send them to Starter Park. Much more fun that way! I'm assuming you want one?"

"Yes!" Bea nearly screamed because of the excitement. The girl smiled and handed her what seemed to pokeball but it seemed more futuristic.

"Those only work in Starter Park. It's just outside the lab. Have fun~ Oh and take this." The girl smiled and handed her the starter ball and led her out to a small area.

---​

Starter Park was separated into 4 different types of areas and there was only one area that appealed to Beatrice. The Lake area. The forest area was to outdooorsy for Beatrice and to many things could hide places, the cave was dark and she didn't like the dark, and the desert area was to dry.

"So this is the lake area. It's so pretty." Bea's eyes sparkled with admiration. She watched the gently swaying of the lake and sat next to it. The water wasn't crystal clear but it did look clean, not clean enough so that she could see what was lurking in the depths of the lake.

The only thing she could see were two beady black eyes peering at her from the depths. Bea looked at it for what seemed hours until bubbles started appearing and then....She was hit with the hardest rollout she had ever felt.

"UWAAAAH!" Bea fell back and was rubbing her head while she heard the mocking laugh of...of something.

"Spheeeaaal, Spheaal!" It laughed and rolled around like a giant pinball. Beatrice's face blushed red with humiliation.

"You don't play a prank, on the prank master!" Beatrice yelled and threw the starter Pokeball at it. Click! It was caught instantly, ".....It's so....so.....SO CUTE! KAWAAAAIIII!" Bea yelled at her sudden change of mind at the Pokemon.

---​

"Ah, so that's your starter, Spheal? She's been in Starter Park for awhile now. It's a jokester and it hasn't had much luck finding a trainer. it's quite prideful too. Good luck with it." Birch smiled at Beatrice, Beatrice merely smiled back.

"I'm sure we'll get a long great, I'm quite the prankster myself." Beatrice smiled.

"Are you going to name it?" May asked.

"You said it was prideful, right? Then Lucifer. After the corresponding demon of pride." Bea smiled, the two lab helpers looked at her curiously as she waved goodbye to them. This was the start of a new journey, a new adventure and Beatrice would meet many friends along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back