• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What part annoyed you the most in the 3d Gen Games?

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Victory Road and Wallace/Juan's gym in RSE, as well as mach biking over the cracks to get to Rayquaza.

In FRLG, team rockets hideout on the Sevii Islands was such a headache for me.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
When they ended :(

No seriously, I can't think of anything that really annoyed me. Pokemon Emerald is a masterpiece. I love it, and 3rd Gen is clearly the best. Water routes? Loved them. Sky Tower? Didn't mind it that much. Victory Road? Not too hard. Gym Leaders? Just some of the puzzles.

Years
Some of the Gym puzzles in Hoenn were really annoying. Getting to the Gym Leader was more difficult than beating them.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
1.The Victory Road in R/S/E and FR/LG I'm too lazy to go there so I use cheats
2.The VS Seeker
3.Gym Puzzles (Especially Lt. Surge's Gym)
4.Battling Your Rival in FR/LG
5.Deserts
6.Zubat's everywhere in a Cave

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Lt. Surge's gym was designed by Satan
I second (or third?) this.

I thought the most annoying parts were the first routes of FR/LG when they tried to give you Teachy TV and you didn't have running shoes. And also Wally catching Ralts in R/S/E.

Mystify

confused
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
The stupid help menu from the FireRed and LeafGreen games. I had a tendency to accidentally bump the LR buttons into things and the help screen would pop up with that stupid little jingle. Even worse was the fact that it made another jingle when you closed it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
How the happy golbat fails evolving after EVERY level-up until you get the national dex in FR/LG...

...And about that VS-Seeker... I actually really really miss the possibility to rebattle trainers starting from Gen V... So I saw the VS Seeker in those games as a great improvement.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
no physical special split.
it was real annoying going back to gen3 after the newer gens to find many pokemons being set back because of this.

Memoric

Real Eyes
Years
If it's a place that needs Flash, I automatically hate it.

But really, Flash is one of the most useless moves (battling with Splash, IMO) in the games. Plus, I don't really like the concept of HM Slaves, so it's either I use one or I wing it....

SKY PILLAR, I HATE YOU TOO. It's just Arceus-hard.

And the Zubats for every cave? I'd rather not about them. Crobat is useful...

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
I was always annoyed by weather effects. Every round the game would take time to remind you 'it's still raining!' or 'the sun is still shining bright!' or 'yep, there's still hail'.

Even to this day, those weather effects, while cool, still annoy me because they really slow down the battles.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
fighting may right on the route right before you get to the city with the electric gym. Always had trouble with her

And all the trolling tentacools in the oceans. in both firered/leafgreen and emerald. ugh

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Half the world covered in water. I like exploration but Hoenn had me checking the ****ing Town Map every 10 tiles in the later routes. Think about it: the Town Map. The most useless key item in all the games. I don't know if it's a merit or a flaw.

Also, most Pokémon have crap level up movepools and there's no physical/special split, which makes it hard for me to get back to Hoenn. Things they fixed in Sinnoh.

Lavaridge and Sootopolis City locations. Very difficult to reach without Fly.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Sootopolis is the only thing I was annoyed by in the Hoenn region.
Everything in FR/LG annoys me, it's just all so... terrible.. The game was awful.

Years
I think towards the end of RSE really annoyed me. All the surfing around and diving finding Sootopolis and Kyogre before that, I think it's just a bit too much. Also, Victory Road was really annoying because it felt so long and the amount of HMs you have to use is really annoying so you are bound to bring in at least 1 HM slave. All the back and forth traveling in the game wasn't really my favorite thing, either.

Back