• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Galar Region Anime Discussion

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Wanted to point out 2 more sport things that could be hinting at a possible Sport Competitions. Both Grant and Korrina's gyms were both very Sport like. We basically had a Roller Dirby Gym for Korrina and we had Rock Climbing for Grant.

Now it is possible that these stadiums could be gyms, but with a Sport theme similar to Grant. Ash had to climb the rock walls in order to get to Grant if I remember correctly. It is also possible that these Stadiums could sever as a dual purpose for Competitions and Gyms.

Honestly reading this gave me an Orangue League feel, when Ash had to do certain things to get some of the badges (rather than just battling the Gym Leader). I think it'd be interesting if Galar's Pokemon Gyms were a mix between Orange Island and normal gyms. There's two phases (kinda like how GRant's had "two phases") in which the trainer has to do something and win before they can fight the gym leader in question.

idk just a thought that would be a nice twist from your typical gym battles. And the fact that the gyms were different in Orange League is part of why that arc is so unique.

Years
I am hoping it will have an female trainer based on Gen 8 playable trainer and have her travel around with him everywhere, also be an PokeAtletic, and specialize in sport.

Misty and Brock may not return in the anime, but they will still be mentioned and/or appear in the flashback.

(sorry for my poor English)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Honestly because Galar might be so close to Kalos I would love to maybe see Clemont and Bonnie again. Maybe Serena too but she went off to a different region entirely at the end of XYZ. Doesn't mean she still can't show. Also still waiting for Iris and Cilan to reappear sigh.

But as much as I loved seeing Misty and Brock in SM I would love to see more call backs to the rest of his journey for Galar. I mean, they said that for SM it would be like he only traveled Kanto (and possibly Johto)? but that didn't really become the case since there was Mega Evolution, Sudowoodo, etc etc. If it was really the case he wouldn't have seen all of that hahah. It's understandable if some people can come back because of VAs and such but i love love love call backs so please let's get some more in with Galar!

Even if they're more subtle like the call backs to Cilan in XY (yes they were there I made a gifset of it don't @ me)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Honestly I wouldn't mind Iris again, if only for a 2-3 Episode special. Anything more than that and there might be a semi-revolt among the fanbase that still watches the Anime. Granted she's gotten more post-series air time than Serena has and due to the proximity of Galar to Kalos(based on the fact that UK is right by France), not only could Clemont and Bonnie make a return but so could Serena. The odds for that are quite high too if only because she has just 3 Pokemon on her team. Every main Female, barring Iris sadly, has gotten a full team prior to their departure from the group. The only problem with Serena coming back is that she's in Hoenn and would need a reason to be there in the first place. I mean I know she's got what it takes to be a Rhyhorn racer(which could be as big there as it is in Kalos) but that was never her chosen path. The only way, as I see it, for her to make a return is if Contests were in that region(hence Dawn could make a return as well.. seriously I'd go nuts if they had Dawn + XY crew or Dawn + Serena) or something else entirely(what that is, I have no freaking idea).

At this point though, its all speculation. We have no idea what they intend to do but odds are Ash is going to take on the role of the Male Protagonist as they have no reason not to have him continue.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Not gonna lie the main reason why I want Iris to show up is because I want to know what her deal is on Fairy types. I mean, she hated Ice types and the cold because of their advantage against Dragons. What does she think about the fairy types because of their even bigger advantages to Dragon? I really wanted her to show up in XY because of that and because Ash got a Noibat but alas they broke the streak and she didn't come back.

Galar is looking to be very athletic so if they did indeed have a reason for Serena to do Rhyhorn Racing I can totally see that being a thing in Galar. Otherwise they'd have to come up with their own reason though honestly it doesn't even really have to be for Pokemon Showcase reasons. After all Dawn came for the tournament which had nothing to do with contests.

Speculating is the best we can do right now since we're still months ahead with little to no information. We'll definitely be able to narrow down the speculations and have more concrete ones and less pipe dreams once we have more information in the coming months. But until then hey we can just dream!!

Have I mentioned that between the starters I want Ash to get Sobble? Between the three I feel like it fits him the more (though Scorbunny would be a close second with Grookey as the last one I'd choose for him. Sobble is cute and I feel like it'd fit him in general while Scorbunny would fit him for being an energetic little thing like him!!)

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Not gonna lie the main reason why I want Iris to show up is because I want to know what her deal is on Fairy types. I mean, she hated Ice types and the cold because of their advantage against Dragons. What does she think about the fairy types because of their even bigger advantages to Dragon? I really wanted her to show up in XY because of that and because Ash got a Noibat but alas they broke the streak and she didn't come back.

Yeah, agreed. Darn shame she had to be the first to be denied an appearance. At least with Serena, she's essentially a sitting duck if she went to Alola.

Galar is looking to be very athletic so if they did indeed have a reason for Serena to do Rhyhorn Racing I can totally see that being a thing in Galar. Otherwise they'd have to come up with their own reason though honestly it doesn't even really have to be for Pokemon Showcase reasons. After all Dawn came for the tournament which had nothing to do with contests.

Personally, I'd prefer if they DON'T go that route (also, technically, Serena's no longer a Showcase performer, as she changed her goal to contests at the suggestion of Palemo, so IF she goes to Galar, it would need to be contest-related). I wasn't really fond of how Dawn reappeared in Unova despite it lacking contests since, 1., she was left with literally nothing to do regarding her goal, and 2., it also resulted in the implication that she effectively interrupted her own journey in Hoenn, something that not even Ash is known to do (and before anyone mentions the Kanto reunion arc, that doesn't count since that whole trip was made at the behest of Professor Kukui, so Ash really didn't have a say in that matter).

Speculating is the best we can do right now since we're still months ahead with little to no information. We'll definitely be able to narrow down the speculations and have more concrete ones and less pipe dreams once we have more information in the coming months. But until then hey we can just dream!!

Have I mentioned that between the starters I want Ash to get Sobble? Between the three I feel like it fits him the more (though Scorbunny would be a close second with Grookey as the last one I'd choose for him. Sobble is cute and I feel like it'd fit him in general while Scorbunny would fit him for being an energetic little thing like him!!)

Yeah, and besides, technically, we don't even know if Ash is even going to go to Galar or if there's going to be an anime adaptation of Galar. For all we know, it would be the same as the Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island animated adaptation (if you're going to say "there was no such show", I'll reply with "exactly.").

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I don't think that Meltan will be carried over. It would take away a spot from an actual new Pokemon (especially if Ash gets all 3 starters).

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I don't think that Meltan will be carried over. It would take away a spot from an actual new Pokemon (especially if Ash gets all 3 starters).

And that's not even getting into how it's unclear if Ash is even going to go to Galar anyways. For all we know, the writers might as well just try to have Ash win Alola (especially when they got extremely negative responses over how Ash lost the Kalos League and would NOT want to incur that outrage yet again.).

In any case, we'll see whether Meltan evolves into Melmetal.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

When Ash went to Sinnoh, he had Aipom with him. Who's to say he won't have Meltan or Melmetal with him and then leave him at the lab for him to be studied by the region's Professor? Also. I'm calling it now that Ash loses Alola. He's frankly had an easy time with several "Ash-Pulls" giving him wins that shouldn't have happened in the first place. The win against Hapu being the latest and most glaring one. I can forgive Episode 5 against Brock but I'm not going to forgive 2019 and over 1000 Episodes later. They have to stop having Ash face Ground Types with Pikachu. It should never win... especially if the opponent isn't a Rock Type where Iron Tail does Normal damage and the opponent gets stronger Defensively after every Physical Attack. Period. Sprinklers were one thing. To say the ocean caused the effects of Soak? Yeah I call Shenanigans on that(South Park term for BS).

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
When Ash went to Sinnoh, he had Aipom with him. Who's to say he won't have Meltan or Melmetal with him and then leave him at the lab for him to be studied by the region's Professor? Also. I'm calling it now that Ash loses Alola. He's frankly had an easy time with several "Ash-Pulls" giving him wins that shouldn't have happened in the first place. The win against Hapu being the latest and most glaring one. I can forgive Episode 5 against Brock but I'm not going to forgive 2019 and over 1000 Episodes later. They have to stop having Ash face Ground Types with Pikachu. It should never win... especially if the opponent isn't a Rock Type where Iron Tail does Normal damage and the opponent gets stronger Defensively after every Physical Attack. Period. Sprinklers were one thing. To say the ocean caused the effects of Soak? Yeah I call Shenanigans on that(South Park term for BS).

If his win is as bad as you say, I fully agree he didn't deserve that win. However, I highly disagree with you about hoping he'd lose Alola. Think about it for a minute: Alola until now never even had a league competition. Do you REALLY think that having Ash lose what is essentially the first annual league of a region is a good idea? It would be an even more embarrassing loss than in Unova (and considering that loss involved losing to someone who made even Ash at his most stupid seem like a bona fide genius, and getting a rank down, that's saying something). And that's not even getting into how badly received Kalos was for how they just had Ash lose despite heavily implying that he'd actually win the league for once (combined with the reveal that Alola didn't even have gyms, either). Besides, what makes you think he'd lose anyways? For all we know, the writers might as well treat the league like they did the Orange Islands and have him win then face Galar anyways (let's face it, realistically, there wouldn't even be enough challengers to make it seem like the standard leagues, going by the cast we do have), even have Meltan/Melmetal essentially act as that region's "GS Ball", and that's of course assuming they're even going to have Ash continue on to Galar anyways and not simply retire him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ok how about we don't comment how Ash might not go to Galar in every comment because it never pushed the topic in a healthy direction at the end of BW nor at the end of XYZ.

League discussions should also go in their own thread unless its speculation on how it leads him to Galar.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Ok how about we don't comment how Ash might not go to Galar in every comment because it never pushed the topic in a healthy direction at the end of BW nor at the end of XYZ.

League discussions should also go in their own thread unless its speculation on how it leads him to Galar.

Gee, that's going to be tricky, since it isn't particularly clear regarding Ash's future. The only thing we can state is that, if that deleted tweet is to be believed, whoever will be in Gen 8's anime, if there is one anyway, will probably have to face eight stadiums as they were gyms

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well I don't expect this thread to really get active until we have more to speculate from and thats ok!! Because once there is more information then we can jump back and do all the speculating!

But all that repeated comment does is eventually cause an argument on whether or not ash is coming back with the only "evidence" between ratings and the fact that Ash has never been replaced. There's no need for that, honestly, and because he hasn't been replaced yet i think itd be better to just speculate on the grounds that he will continue his journey.

Then, if by chance he is being replaced we can always re-speculate. No fault in that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
People are theorizing that they'll be next to eachother because of where the UK and France are on the map (in the fact that they are much closer to one another than the regions Alola and Hoenn were based off of). Of course, this is just theory and while it's a small chance, it's still a larger chance than any other regions we've had since Johto/Kanto (who are connected because of where they are in real life).

Honestly I suppose it depends on the route they decide to go with the anime whether or not we'll be seeing past people.

Last edited:
Years
i'm speculating an awesome team for ash just like in xy. also expecting ash to get only one starter from galar. don't know, just a feeling :8

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I would love for him to get another solid team like DP or XY. Though also would love to see just as much Pokemon interaction between eachother or even with the humans like Sun and Moon. It's honestly one of my favorite things about the series especially since it felt like there was a fair lack of it in XY (like I vaguely remember the Pokemon interacting with one another but like. nothing really stands out). Also why I really love Best Wishes.

If they can find an even better balance between the good things about XY, the good things about Best Wishes and Sun Moon, and those good things about DP, then we'd have a fantastic series imo!!

As for starters I can see him with any of the starters. I'm rooting for Sobble but I wouldn't be upset with any of them. I'm thinking one starter as well but I suppose it depends on who his companions ends up being.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
Years
I'm hoping the female protagonist would be one of the companions of course, I'm not fond of BW's 2 Gym Leader companion which 'killed' Hilda or even Rose which I've anticipated sadly. Also, I would actually like the companions to actually have more members on their team. Most of Ash companion never seem to have a team more than 3. DP Brock, Cilan and Serena are some of the examples, and also the entire SM crew, but cant really blame 'em for having such massive casts.

If Ash did went to Galar, I'm probably fine with any starters he gets as long as he don't catch all three of them, look how messy it was back at BW. For me, Sobble doesn't fit for Ash so far (I like Sobble a lot it just that I scared it might ended up where Froakie was with that Ash-Greninja shenanigan). Grookey might go the stealing Ash's cap route again like Aipom/Mankey, and Scorbunny seems fitting for the female protagonist... :3

Lastly, I hope the XY production crew will come back to do the Galar anime. Not hating on SM production, they did a great job for Alola Region as it fits the storyline very well (cheerful, funny and cute, all characters are stationed in specific places most of the time), but for gyms returning and travel across a region, I'd prefer the XY crew more (most likely due to they have more of a shonen theme i guess)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Non of the Galar starters fit Ash at all. Hopefully he will get a starter and it could be all three of them, you never know. We have no way to tell how the Galar anime will be like until the SM anime comes too an end. We don't need another XY since that series wasn't that well like, Ash could get three of the Galar starters or maybe even one, if he does go to the Galar region.

Years
Female Protagoinst having Scorbunny will resemble to that of an XY & AG that May & Serena brougt them as Starter Pokemon while Ash obtains simply Sobble as its starter Pokemon.

Back