• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mozilla Firefox 0.9

aaaaaa

You know PGN, I bet if the HTTP logs were checked, you'd come up as using Explorer ^_^
Tends to be the trend with people who think its totally leet to bash Windows.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I only don't like Windows because I'm stuck with a crappy version of it. X3;; But I can't imagine using any other OS... x_x If I confuse the heck out of myself installing a simple program (heh.. oops x3), then I can't imagine how I'd function with a completely different OS. @_@

But... anyway... o.o; I've been getting away with downloading a lot of programs recently, so I might actually switch to this browser, since no one will notice~! X3;;

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
Years
I got the new Firefox, and I think it looks pretty good, I'm glad to see that it has fixed some of the bugs that I have found when trying to view forums (like making text go off of the screen). o_O; Anyways, I think that this new looks is pretty good, but I kind of liked the other buttons better. The homepage icon on the other one was at a different angle, and I liked it a bit more, the homepage icon on this one looks just like the one on IE. Anyways, the refresh button is the only one that I like more on this version.

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2006
a1337a said:
You know PGN, I bet if the HTTP logs were checked, you'd come up as using Explorer ^_^
He actually claims to be on Safari, so... o.o; Guess he could he useing IE for Mac.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Err, anyways the only reason I use this IE-based MYIE2 is so the vBulliten WYSIWYG editor will work in combination with word so it saves my arial font. *sweatdrop* Otherwise I?d probably be using Firefox, since I have little peeves with IE but I tolerate them since I spend most of my time on this vBulliten.

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
Years
a1337a said:
Nope. I'm using Apple Safari, not IE :P
l33t to bash Windows? Who would think that? I just don't like Windows because of:
-Viruses
-Worms
-Trojans
-Spyware
-Security Holes
-Exploits
...That's all I can think of...

aaaaaa

Do you know why such things occur more regularly on the Win32 platform?
Because everyone uses it.
Which kinda says something, no?
In the end, an Operating System is about usability.
And on that front, Windows wins.
It's not as mind-numbingly simple as a Mac, though simpleness has its place, when you want to perform a specific task, and that task happens to be one of the four Apple deem worthy of peoples time.
It's not as needlessly complicated as 'nix, though complexity; and the power it allows; has it's place in the server enviroment. Heck, pre OSX, the easiest way to make an Apple talk to a PC over a network was to go through a 'nix box.
But acheiving the balance, especially now on the NT core, is quite commendable.

At anyrate, I use Firefox for one particular chat site I go to, because Java is being a turd with Explorer. Otherwise..eh, it throws me back to the days of Navigator. It *still* feels bloated. It *still* renders too slow and it *still* doesn't comply with commonly accepted (though, in all fairness, not ratified) standards *cough* CSS *cough*

Thats my thoughts, anyway :D

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
That does suck, how FireFox doesn't read the CSS... so I never get to see the glow that you guys make. -_-

But it's not really all that bad, and you gotta love the tabs.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
a1337a said:
In the end, an Operating System is about usability.
And on that front, Windows wins.
I disagree with that. There is a Linux OS called Linspire. It says that it, "LinspireTM is a full-featured operating system like Microsoft Windows XP or Apple Mac OSX. Linspire offers you the power, stability and cost-savings of Linux with the ease of a windows environment. "
It cost money though. I would love to try this but I have no money so I use Red Hat Linux which is free.
Anyway, thanks for posting about the new Firefox. I needed to upgrade mind. I like the old Firefox theme and not this new one. And since when didn't Firefox read CSS? I'm pretty sure it does, doesn't it?

aRedMoon

Years
It doesn't read bits of CSS, like the CSS they use for the glow. =/

And I read about that Linspire... I have it downloaded somewhere but I dun have an extra computer to install it on. It looked pretty interesting when I read about it however.

aaaaaa

Yeah, Linspire and about a hundred others before it, all promise the usability of Windows.
None really deliver.

aRedMoon

Years
Bleh. I just upgraded on my computer today, and I'm not very impressed.

The toolbar buttons are rather, well, ugly IMO. I liked the ones they used for the previous version much better. And as far as I've been able to tell, there's been very little updated. I feel like that 30 second download was a waste of my time. =/

aRedMoon

Years
I think I'll do the same thing... the new icons are just attrocious.

Hopefully they're changed in a future release. x.x;

aRedMoon

Years
THanks for pointing me that site... I had totally forgotten how many there are out there. XD

*decided on labelled "Doodle" it's pretty nice.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
I have problems with IE crashing, so I use Firefox, except when I'm loading Java applets since they seem to work better in IE for me. I haven't got around to downloading the new FF though... my brother keeps changing the theme in FF and that makes it crash too (buggy computer o_O) so I forced him to make his own user profile XD. FF needs a fast user-switch function, I hate having to exit and open again because that makes my computer crash too...

aRedMoon

Years
FireFox switched themes pretty well in .9

But I've went back down to 0.8 because it kept crashing at 0.9. -.-;

Back