• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is there a script command that will check a specific pkmn in the player's party..?

I mean, the script will be activated when a certain pkmn is with your party.

Example, If the player doesn't have a HOPPIP, the script won't work.

Also, is the script command /lv/h01 is the command that will show the player's name in the message box in the script..?

Thanks in advance.

Years
is there a hack to make starter pokemon shiny?
What do you mean? If you mean you want to make pokemon shiny in your hack...
You'll have to read and then apply mastermind X's tutorial to a rom, and then rescript the beginning of the rom.

Is there a script command that will check a specific pkmn in the player's party..?

I mean, the script will be activated when a certain pkmn is with your party.

Example, If the player doesn't have a HOPPIP, the script won't work.

Also, is the script command /lv/h01 is the command that will show the player's name in the message box in the script..?

Thanks in advance.

Shouldn't this be posted in the script discussion section? Anyway, there is one way that I use for a checkpokemon.
Code:
setvar 0x4036 0x81
copyvar 0x8004 0x4036
special2 LASTRESULT 0x17C
compare LASTRESULT 1
if b_true goto $yes
The only thing that you'll have to change is this, "setvar 0x4036 0x81," 0x81 is the pokemon's number.
I've heard of an easier way but I haven't tested it out, yet.
Code:
#raw 0x7D 0x1 0xPOKEMON
I'm not 100% sure what to add after it. It would most likely either be written as...
Code:
#raw 0x7D 0x1 0xPOKEMON
if 1 goto $gotit
or...
Code:
#raw 0x7D 0x1 0xPOKEMON
if 6 goto $donthaveit
Maybe someone could check this because I'm not sure. But I know the one involving setvar works.

To show the players name in a script, you need to use \v\h01

Oh and did you still want to see those scripts? Cry, (I forgot the what else)

*Poliwag*

PollyWaggle
Years
Hey all, i have a question- obviously XD
Would it be possible to expand the pokedex so that it could include sinnoh pokemon? I am aware there are spaces between celebi and treecko but i was wondering if data could be pointed to blank offsets, thus expanding the pokedex. If it is possible how is it done?

Also, i have another question, would it be possible to implement 2-on-2 battle like in D/P. In other words, could you get another trainer to follow you, and battle with you?

help greatly appreciated

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
thanks thethethethe. Now I have another question. What is the item number of a rare Candy and a Metal Coat in PKMN Ruby..? For instance, a Master Bal is 0x01.., so may I know what's the item number of a Rare Candy and Metal Coat..?

Thanks in advance. ^^

Years
thanks thethethethe. Now I have another question. What is the item number of a rare Candy and a Metal Coat in PKMN Ruby..? For instance, a Master Bal is 0x01.., so may I know what's the item number of a Rare Candy and Metal Coat..?

Thanks in advance. ^^

Well the item codes are the same between FR/LG/R/S/E.
Rare Candy 0x44
Metal Coat 0xC7

*Poliwag*

PollyWaggle
Years
@Poke-roy There could be many problems with your scripts, if you explain what the problem is in more detail, i may be able to help. Besides, this question is really more related to the script discussions thread.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
does anybody know the grachics number in unlz for ! that comes up before a battle?

this is for fire red

thanks in advance
link

Years
I have a question I have script that are good but they don't work ingame what's wrong?

This question has nothing to do with scripting because it is not because of the scripts so it belongs here.XD

And I have antoher question does anybody have a list of all the Towns and routes from pokemon Fire Red?

Years
i had a problem with searching for palettes on APE everytime i tried searching it sed no palette found so i was able to find my palettes in 2 different ways. this is for any1 also having trouble with the APE and the search function. first i search for the colors in the palette in the order they belonged the 2nd way was i opened up OWE found the OWs palette i wanted to edit the i imported my own OW and checked the box Import Palette then i saved it. i opened up APE searched for the colors the i used on my custom OW i imported and it worked and i got the offset numbers. i know i probably wrote a horrible mini tut but if any body needs palette offset numbers to Emerald, FR or LG then just pm or i will try and make a new thread to request palette offset numbers for those who have trouble with APE or dont know how to search for it using hex

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
What hex editor would you recommend for hacking crystal?

I searched hex editor here and people said "use one with tlb support" and didn't mention a specific text editor.

EDIT: Scratch that, someone pointed me to here: romhacking.net/utils/291/

*sigh* can't wait till I have 15 posts...

Last edited:

*Poliwag*

PollyWaggle
Years
@poke-roy a world map of kanto can be found at
gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/918915/32579. This map details the towns, routes and the sevii islands so it should help you out ;)
(you'll have to do the w w w. yourself as i don't have 15 posts, meaning i can't post urls)

Years
@poke-roy a world map of kanto can be found at
gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/918915/32579. This map details the towns, routes and the sevii islands so it should help you out ;)
(you'll have to do the w w w. yourself as i don't have 15 posts, meaning i can't post urls)

if you put a url in the adressthingy in your webbrowser without www. it works to..:)
and thanks..:D

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
What hex editor would you recommend for hacking crystal?

I searched hex editor here and people said "use one with tlb support" and didn't mention a specific text editor.

EDIT: Scratch that, someone pointed me to here: romhacking.net/utils/291/

*sigh* can't wait till I have 15 posts...
Well, you shouldn't get 15 posts by spamming.(Off-topic)

As for your question, They meant one with '.tbl' support, like Translhextion 1.6
or Thingy 32 or Hex Workshop, etc.

And for your first question, don't ask it anymore, ok.

-cooley

Years
does anyone know the offset to male back sprites on emerald? and how can i change the palettes on the images like backsprites, and male item bag?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
How do I change the palette of this: http: //img81.imageshack.us/img81/8003/palettechangecf7.png ?
(Cant post links yet, so remove the space between http: and // yourself please.)
Thanks in advance.

Chikase Fortala

Trading Mannn
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2007
Does anyone know a tutorial page or the script to change Oaks walking script. I am making a hack and i need to change it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2018
yellow remake

trying to hack a remake of yellow. i got pikachu on the bike with [player] but i still need to change the begging where your rival is getting his pokemon. i have 2 questions. 1 does anyone know how to get the pikachu sprite to follow you and too does anyone know how to change that begging sprict where your rival gets his pokemon. i need him to just stand there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back