• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Plugging along with my Sapphire. No casualties yet.

After beating Roxanne, we made our way back toward Oldale Town and Sylvia the Zigzagoon used Cut to open up the alternate paths along the way. Then we went back to Rustboro, healed up at the Pokemon Center, and went north to see what was happening with the Devon guy. Agreed to help him get his Goods back, then went out onto Route 116. Caught a Nincada in the grass and named him John (and he, and everything since, went straight to the PC), then fought the trainers and made our way to Rusturf Tunnel. Caught a Whismur and named him Lemmy, then challenged and beat the grunt and rescued Peeko and took back the Goods. Poked around the tunnel a bit (and discovered that Vanessa's Trace is really handy with the Whismur, since she traces their Soundproof, then Uproar doesn't do anything). Went back out, gave the Goods back, talked to Mr. Stone, then set out for Mr. Briney's cottage. Interrupted him and Peeko and got him to sail us to Dewford.

Talked to everyone, got the Old Rod and caught a Magikarp and named her Daisy Mae. Went into the cave and caught a Zubat and named her Nan. Ground in the cave for a while and got Vanessa and Irv (who had recently evolved to a Dustox) up to level 14, then went in and challenged Brawly's gym, and plowed through it pretty easily. Freshly equipped with Flash on Vanessa, we went back to the cave and down and around. Caught a Sableye and named her Delia. Talked to Steven, then ground for a while in the caves and got everyone up to match Vanessa and Irv at lvl 14. Then it was off to Slateport.

Made our way through the trainers on the beach (I knew in advance to switch in Clyde on Tuber Ricky's Zigzagoon, so its Surf didn't do much at all). Ran around and talked to everyone and got everything squared away, and we're currently grinding on Route 110, underneath Cycling Road, where I caught a Gulpin and named him George.

Currently:

Hazel the Mudkip lvl 15
Clyde the Shroomish lvl 15
Brenda the Poochyena lvl 15
Sylvia the Zigzagoon lvl 16
Irv the Dustox lvl 16
Vanessa the Ralts lvl 16

*edit for an update*

Well, I just had my first casualty - Brenda the Mightyena went down to a High Jump Kick from Grandma Winstrate's Meditite.

My own damned fault, sort of. Obviously a Dark against a Fighting attack is stupid - I just didn't expect it to have a fighting attack at all, much less HJK. I had Vanessa the newly-evolved Kirlia in the lead and she was at a bit less than half HP and I just didn't want to risk her. My first choice was Irv the Dustox, but he was only at about 1/3. I debated switching him in anyway and just taking the first turn to heal, but then I thought, "you know... it's a low level Meditite and the odds are that all it's got yet is Confusion anyway, so Brenda would be best," and she had full HP too, so I went with her. On the first turn, it Meditated and she hit with a Bite for a bit less than half of its HP (neutral damage, since the Fighting resistance counters the Psychic weakness). And on the second turn it hit with that HJK, and that was that.

Before that, after grinding a bit at the bottom of Route 110, we went up to the Trick House - easily one of my favorite parts of RSE. Made our way through the tree maze and collected a Rare Candy. Then we went back out and, after healing, made our way up through Route 110, fighting the trainers and random wild stuff in the grass. Ran into May and had a pretty tough fight with her, but we all came through okay. Got the Itemfinder from her and immediately put it to use. Made it the rest of the way through the Route and into Mauville. Went around and talked to everyone, but didn't go out any of the routes. When I got the bike (Mach), we went back down Cycling Road, fighting the trainers along the way. Stopped in the Mart long enough to buy a Harbor Mail, then found Mr. Briney and sailed back to Dewford, because I remembered that soft slope in the cave there. Went through the cave, up the slope, then (eventually) negotiated the crumbling floor and collected the prize (PP Up? I don't even remember now), then went back to Mr. Briney and sailed back to Rustboro. Went in to the Devon office to report to Mr. Stone and got an Exp. Share for our trouble. Then it was back to Slateport and back up the Cycling Road. Gave the Harbor Mail to the woman in Mauville and got the Coin Case, then went out onto the routes around Mauville. Fought all the trainers down by the water to the east, then worked slowly (running back to Mauville to heal as necessary) through the trainers on Route 113. And caught a Marill in the grass there and named her Bella. Made it into Verdanturf Town and talked to Wally and his family, then went back to Mauville and up Route 111, where we encountered the Winstrate family and.... yeah.

So I released Brenda and moved up the first one in the box, so the next in the order I caught them - John the Nincada. Good thing I went back to Rustboro long enough to talk to Mr. Stone and get that Exp. Share, since John is level 6 right at the moment.

Current:

Hazel the Marshtomp lvl 21
Vanessa the Kirlia lvl 20
Clyde the Shroomish lvl 20
Irv the Dustox lvl 19
Sylvia the Zigzagoon lvl 19
John the Nincada lvl 6

Released:

Brenda the Mightyena lvl 19

Last edited:

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
im starting a new nuzlocke challenge since i failed on my sapphire one. tate and Liza destroyed my team :( Im gonna play the ruby version.

caught a zigzagoon on route 101.

team so far.

Kugpao - Torchic

Rigby - Zigzagoon

update.

route 102 didnt catch a pokemon it was another zigzagoon. same with route 103. route 104 caught a talow named it ace. pettalburg woods caught a wormple named it mothra. battled roxanne one pokemon died mothra the beautifly. level 6 - level 12. went to the route before the rustburg tunnel. didnt catch a pokemon another zigzaggon. at the tunnel caught a whishmur. battled the magma grunt a second time. won the battle. went to briney's house took the boat to dewford. got the old rod. went to the granite cave. ran into an abra it telepoted. went through the cave. talk to steven gave him the letter. got the tm for steel wing. went to the dewford gym. lost my Ace aka Tailow. level 6-level 10. swept through brawly with kungpao. at the beach battled some trainers lost boombox my whishmur level 6 - level 8 went to slateport. went to the route above slate port. caught a gulpin named it slimer level 14. went to the museum lost my slimer in the first battle. won with kungpao.

Team sofar.

KungPao - Combusken level 20. (bulk up , ember , double kick , peck)

Rigby - Zigzagoon level 9 (tailwhip , growl , headbutt, tackle)

RIP

Mothra the beautifly Level 6 - level 12

Ace the tailow - level 6 - level 10

Boombox the wismur level 6 - level 8

Slimer the Gulpin level 14 - level 14

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
is it ok if i do an egglocke? if so ill start right away. ill be using Hardytekyoyo's save file which has like 10boxes of eggs
Username: riane
game:blaze black 2
rules: if a pokemon dies its dead and it goes into the box forever
can only catch the first pokemon on the route
pokemon caught on the route are used as vouchers for an egg inside pc
all pokemon must be nicknamed
i can use rare candies to lvl the egg to whatever level the caught pokemon voucher was
duplicate rule is off

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
You know what I realized now that I'm making a temporary return? I was only put on one of the champions list of the games i had played for the nuzlocke solos I played o.o

(reffering specifically to the posts I had in the original thread)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
update #1
Spoiler:

welp everyone died so im terrible at nuzlockes D:
dead:Albert Munchlax lvl 11
Kenpai Mudkip lvl 11
Zoro Timburr lvl 12
Lola Riolu lvl 13
Usopp Dratini lvl 13
Luffy Scraggy lvl 21

im going to try again fresh run
username:riane
game:blaze black 2
rules:if a pokemon dies its dead and it goes into the box forever
can only catch the first pokemon on the route
pokemon caught on the route are used as vouchers for an egg inside pc
all pokemon must be nicknamed
i can use rare candies to lvl the egg to whatever level the caught pokemon voucher was
duplicate rule is off

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Just a quick update - I've been mostly playing Black2, EV training and grinding and leveling and evolving and trying to figure out who I want on my team for the E4. On the Sapphire Nuzlocke, I'm still grinding John the Nincada so he can catch up with everyone else before going into the Mauville gym. I'm debating whether to leave him at about level 18 or 19, so he'll still have the Ground secondary typing and be sort of useful in Wattson's gym or just go ahead and level him up to 20 (which is where most everyone else is), but then he'll evolve to a Ninjask and won't be of any use at all against the Electrics. And I'm also debating what I'm going to do when he evolves - I don't really want to let a chance at a Shedinja go, but I'm not sure. I have to go out of my way to remove someone else from my party long enough to evolve him so there's a space for the Shedinja, and it's an "extra" pokemon - one I didn't catch by the Nuzlocke rules. But it's also a direct consequence of evolving one I did catch, so that could go either way. I think I'm going to go ahead and make the space and get the Shedinja, then just put it in the box. If I even get to the point of adding it to my party (it'll be the seventh in the box), it'll actually be sort of interesting, since Shedinjas only have two states - not getting hit at all and fainting. And one faint and he'll get released anyway. And it does fit the spirit of a Nuzlocke - aside from experimenting a bit back when I first played RSE, I've never actually used one for any length of time.

The only other news is that Sylvia evolved. And it's back to grinding John...

Current team:

Hazel the Marshtomp lvl 21
Clyde the Shroomish lvl 20
Vanessa the Kirlia lvl 20
Irv the Dustox lvl 20
Sylvia the Linoone lvl 20
John the Nincada lvl 15

Released:
Brenda the Mightyena

*Edit for an update*

Left John as a Nincada, at level 18, and went into Wattson's gym. I led with him and then either left him in if it was something that would go down to enough Scratches (Electrike, for instance) or switched in Hazel if I needed an actual Ground attack (Magnemite and Wattson's Magneton). It was a breeze, and John leveled up to 19 along the way. Then I went back to the Pokemon Center, pulled Hazel out of the party temporarily and went and ground John a bit more, until he leveled up and evolved. Then I put the Shedinja in the box and put Hazel back, and it was north to the desert. Got the Secret Power TM and put it on Hazel, fought all the trainers and caught a Machop on Route 112 and named him Virgil. Fought the hikers, then caught a Torkoal in Fiery Path and named him Clive. Finished up Route 112, rested at the Rest House (I had forgotten about the insistent old lady - it's funny that you have to actually refuse or else she keeps you there, resting over and over, apparently forever), then it was on to the ash-strewn Route 113. Caught a Spinda (no surprise there) and named him Keith, then got into Lavaridge Town. Talked to everyone, picked up all the stuff, then went out toward Route 115 and Meteor Falls. Caught a Swablu and named him Jasper, and we're currently saved outside Meteor Falls.

Team:
Hazel the Marshtomp lvl 24
Clyde the Breloom lvl 23
Vanessa the Kirlia lvl 22
Irv the Dustox lvl 21
John the Ninjask lvl 23
Sylvia the Linoone lvl 22

Released:
Brenda the Mightyena

Last edited:
Years
Hello, I firstly started this challenge on FireRed a long time ago, but due to my computer dying on me last year, I never managed to finish it.
Now that I have a brand new laptop, I'm going to start a new challenge instead, on rijonadventures!
So please disregard totally my old challenge submission, thanks!
Username: Griever7x
Game: rijonadventures
Rules: Heal 5 times per pokecenter, buy 5 times per pokemart.

First update!
I chose bulbasaur at the start, defeated my rival, then quickly did the standard parcel delivering and got my 5 pokeballs. I then headed to the merson cave, where the first pokemon I found was... drums rolling... a lv3 Zubat! I had no doubt I'd find Zubat in a cave, and I'm pretty happy about it, cause I love this lil vampire's last evolution! Surviving the cave though, was a real challenge, but luckily I found a reliable way to farm by only defeating the wild Paras with Leech Life. Oh I forgot, of course I released Bulbasaur. Ahead in the cave I found some tough opposition in the form of Team Rocket, the most notable pokemon was a nasty Houndour lv10! I defeated it with only 3 hp remaining, he suicided thanks to my Zubat's Supersonic! Delving deeper into the cave, I found two fossils lying below a water source: the dome and helix fossils. I chose the dome fossil, but I won't revive it. I then had to fight my way out of the cave against a lv10 Butterfree, which proved to be even tougher than the Houndour, thanks to its Confusion, but I managed to defeat it with Supersonic again. Phew! Finally some light again. I find myself in the Merson Pass now, and proceed to capture my second Pokemon! It's a Meowth! Sweet, sweet. His Pickup ability will be pretty neat!
My team:
Vampiric, lv14 Zubat
Felid, lv11 Meowth

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Lost Vanessa last night, to Archie's Golbat.

From where I left off - we went through Meteor Falls - fainted a Lunatone trying to get it down far enough to catch it, then just plowed through the trainers and the wild pokemon. After the showdown with Team Aqua, we left through the bottom entrance and went out onto the hills, then worked our way down to Rustboro and healed. Then went through Rusturf tunnel and broke the rocks for the couple and collected the Strength HM, back to Mauville, back up the canyon routes and to the cable car, then up to the top for the showdown with Team Aqua. It was mostly uneventful except for Vanessa - I had her in against Archie's Golbat and on the first turn, it confused her and she hit herself for 8 points of damage out of 53 total. Not a big deal, and I didn't have anyone else who was well-suited to handle the Golbat while I was confident that she'd one-shot it, so I just left her in. And on the next turn, the Golbat lucked into a crit on a Wing Attack that knocked her down to 5 points, and all I could do was watch in horror as, sure enough, she hit herself again. Sometimes RNG hates me.

So I mopped the floor with Archie, then went on to Lavaridge and released Vanessa. Then, since I conveniently had an open slot, I got the Wynaut egg and ran back and forth until it hatched (named it Mike), then moved it to the end of the line and moved the next pokemon out of the box - a Whismur named Lemmy that I caught all the way back on Route 115. Then went down Jagged Pass, fought the trainers along the way, and caught a Numel and named him Willard. Then spent the rest of the night, mostly on Route 117, grinding Lemmy up to catch up to the team and evolve to a Loudred. We've now worked our way back around through the ash on Route 113 (and got a Yellow Flute and a Blue Flute), then back down to the cable car again, and back up to Lavaridge, where we fought all the trainers and are currently saved on the edge of town, probably ready to go challenge Flannery.

Current:
Hazel the Marshtomp lvl 26
Clyde the Breloom lvl 26
Irv the Dustox lvl 24
John the Nincada lvl 25
Sylvia the Linoone lvl 24
Lemmy the Loudred lvl 24

Released:
Brenda the Mightyena
Vanessa the Kirlia

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: NecrumWarrior
Game: LeafGreen

This will be my third attempt at a nuzlocke, with the first two ending in utter failure. My first one was also LeafGreen, and i died at Agatha, so close to the end. My second was HeartGold, where I lost in Chuck's gym. I like to think I'm better now than I was a year ago, so i decided to try once again, hopefully this time I will have a plan to beat Agatha...

BassBlood

Bass Player Extraordinaire
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2013
Well... I failed
Dale died in grinding due to a pidove's critical hit
Flarus died due to a magnemite's sonicboom
Rex,Legolas and Fabien all died to Roxy's whirlipede.
BUT
I will try again. And this time my starter is
Aqua the oshawott, lv.5, female, naive nature.

Sirfetch’d

Ok I guess I will do this(first Nuzlocke! wish me luck!)

Username: jellicentfan1
Game: Emerald

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
First update!

• Started, named myself Jake, etc.
  • Got Aero the Mudkip, saved Birch, defeated May
  • Caught Nica the Zigzagoon on Route 103
  • Caught Servine the Poochyena on Route 102
  • Helped Wally
  • Caught woohooFTW the Wurmple on Route 104
  • Caught Mobile the Shroomish in Petalburg Woods
  • Defeated Roxanne
  • Caught GL Jake the Nincada on Route 116
  • Saved Peeko and got the Devon Goods
  • Caught Golurk the Makuhita in Granite Cave, delivered the goods to Steven
  • Defeated Brawly
  • Saved Captain Stern and delivered the Devon Goods
  • Caught Livewire the Electrike on Route 110
  • Went through the Trick House, defeated May
  • Beat Wally
  • Caught Twihiki the Marill on Route 117
  • Defeated Wattson

Which leaves us here
UCdXvbZ.png
s1JGWMT.png

Boxed:
  • Servine the Poochyena
  • GL Jake the Nincada
  • Twihiki the Marill

Dead:
  • None

Sirfetch’d

• Obtained Golurk the Treecko on route 101(named after my good friend GolurkIdDaBomb)
  • Saved the prof.
  • Caught a Zigzagoon on route 103
  • Caught Derk the Lotad on route 102
  • Did the Petalburg thing with Wally
  • Caught Servine the Marill on route 104
  • defeated the Poochyena in Petablurg woods(dang Golurk and his crit)
  • Route 116 another Poochyena but this time I was sucessful.Named it Nica.
  • defeated Roxanne, Golurk battled like a boss.
  • Caught GL Jake in Rusturuf Tunnel
  • Saved Peecko and delivered goods.
  • Caught Jake the Zubat in Dewford Cave
  • Beat Brawly
  • Arrived at Slateport where Nica the Poochyena died:(
  • route 110 caught sophie the Plusle and defeated may but Twi the Zigzagoon died :(
  • Arrived at Mauville.

The Pokemon captured:

Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

And the team before I battle around Mauville and face Wattson is: (training 4 rn waiting for better ones)

RG7G1ei.png

Years
Arg, I failed.
2nd gym leader had a seel and a lapras and both of them knew icy wind.
I only had a crobat lv25 and a persian lv28, and while there was a big level gap, I still lost, a slow persian is useless :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2014
I can't help wanting to be the first to do this.
Mudinjakarp
Colosseum

Last edited:
Years
Update 1

*By the way, all the names of these pokemon are people who go on the server

• Picked Derk the Torchic
  • Caught Mid the Wurmple
  • After some quick grinding, Mid evolved - and then evolved again into Dustox!
  • Helped Wally yada yada
  • Caught Nick the Poochyena
  • Caught Windy the Silcoon
  • Went to the route above Rustboro and caught Olli the Taillow (It was Alex's idea for the name)
  • Caught Servine the Whismur.... who promptly died from a crit in Rusturf Tunnel :(
  • Grinded until Derk and Windy evolved and Olli was at a suitable level
  • Fought Roxanne, swept with Derk
  • Took care of the Team Aqua guy
  • Went to fight May, she was easy... and then while I was using absorb with windy on Mudkip... she got a crit.
  • Windy fainted.
  • Went to Dewford, caught Dr. Cyber the tentacool, and DrCyberSis the tentacool.. and accidentally killed a Magikarp.
  • Caught Hikari the zubat in Granite Cave
  • Beat Brawly solely with Mid the Dustox, swept through his trainers with Olli and Mid
  • Got to Slateport and trained off of the trainers, did Aqua Plot thing
  • Caught an Electrike named Sophie, who almost died like five times in a row @_@
Team: Sophie the Electrike, Derk the Combusken, Mid the Dustox, Olli the Taillow, Hikari the Zubat and Dr. Cyber the Tentacool

Box: DrCyberSis the Tentacool and Nick the Poochyena

Deaths: Servine the Whismur and Windy the Beautifly

cMtsafv.png

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
Username: ChocolateCrunch
Game: Pokémon Emerald

Update 1

• Started the game - named myself Choco.
  • Obtained REX the Torchic, saved Professor Birch from some angry Zigzagoon.
  • Beat May in our first Rival Battle (luckily no wild Pokémon appeared on the Route), returned back to Birch's Lab and received the POKéDEX and 5 POKé BALLS.
  • Encountered a Zigzagoon on Route 103 but unluckily got a critical hit.
  • Encountered a Poochyena on Route 102 and successfully caught him, named it ELF.

My current Team: REX the Torchic - Level 7 and ELF the Poochyena - Level 3. Hopefully I will have some actual screenshots soon!

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Started my challenge by picking a girl, like I always do for Nuzlocke. Named myself Leaf. My last run was named Green so it seemed appropriate. Named my Rival Red for the heck of it.

-Chose Squirtle, named it Vinny
-Defeated Red with a Critical
-Got Parcel from Viridian City
-Returned Parcel to Prof Oak
-Route 1: Mizune (Rattata F)
-Route 22: Kong (Mankey M)
-Route 2: Nezumi (Rattata F)
-Viridian Forest: Nny (Weedle M)
-Grinded til Squirtle was lvl 9 and rest were lvl 7
-Nny evolved into Kakuna
-Defeated Red on Route 22
-Cleared Virirdian Forest
-Grinded some more
-Nny evolved into Beedrill
-Challenged Brock
-Defeated Brock

No deaths so far, thank god. I did have a couple close calls, mostly with poison.

Team:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back