• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Outside of just the realm of Pokemon

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Would you like it if the games were to make mentions/references speaking about characters from other Nintendo titles? Like say your mother or someone said "your journey was just like Link's in that it was strong" (let's just pretend I have knowledge of that lool) etc, something along those lines, and made references to them as the world they're in is the reality and everyone else is in video game world. Or if they made mention to other Nintendo games a lot, in order to boost sales? Do you think this is possible, or would you like if they kept it just the Pokemon reality? Keep in mind that in recent games wii's, and so on have been found in your room so the idea of mentioning other characters such as Bowser being similar to a Pokemon or something isn't exactly totally unlikely.

Would you like to see that in these games, given that the region is most likely far away from the locations that a lot of Nintendo games are set in so it wouldn't seem as strange if they referenced other "worlds" as in other countries. There's also the fact that now they are on 3DS and you can actually buy stuff on eshop related to other games, subliminally advertising other titles in this way could be of use, which couldn't be done in previous games, seeing as they weren't specifically on 3DS and buying them involved physically going to the shops whereas now you can just check the 3DS itself. As well as this, with the recent Nintendo Direct conference (of January 8th) being able to be found on the 3DS, chances are other Nintendo Direct conferences are on there and people could easily find out about the characters/games that the games are referencing easily, right in their hands, without needing external "searching" (and the fact that trailers are there too). This could actually be a really positive way for Nintendo to advertise their other titles now really.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
I can't say I would like that very much..I don't like the idea of the game making references from other games. I would like pokemon to be its own game because before you know it, it might turn out like kingdom hearts. I can't stand the idea of Nintendo putting characters from other games into pokemon, and even just making references from other games would annoy me.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would be really nice if Pokémon X and Pokémon Y had some other Nintendo characters in them that are outside the Pokémon franchise. How about we see something similar to what was seen in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time where in the courtyard you saw pictures of Mario? It would be nice to see posters of some other Nintendo game like a poster of Nintendo Land or something like that, or what about Pikmin 3? Knowing that Pikmin 3 will be coming out in a few months.

Just even a poster in someone's house of some Nintendo game would be really nice to see in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. ^^

Guy

just a guy
Years
Pokémon exists in its own reality and its own universe. It wouldn't make sense if they were to suddenly start bringing in other Nintendo characters into the mix as if they were real beings. Mentioned as video game characters played from the Wii consoles we find in our room, sure. But as real people existing in the world of Pokémon, I highly doubt it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Actually, Nintendo made it kind of possible! Has anyone played Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3Ds? It made tons of references of Nintendo characters. Maybe just for comical purposes, but it did!

As for pokemon, I dunno. I wouldn't say that in the world of pokemon, they would make direct references to Nintendo characters; maybe small hints of say, instead of Link, just... a boy in green. But, it'd be kind of weird if they started doing that, imo. It'd be an Easter Egg at best, but other than that? Not very likely.

Last edited:

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
Years
Well I mean we already got the Smash Bros. series which in a sense introduced the Pokémon world with all the different franchises Nintendo owns. Now, I know that obviously Smash isn't an actual Pokémon game but consider it for an instance. Final Fantasy I made a reference to Link in a gravestone, without giving to much explanation about it, and nothing really happened. I believe that small references just like that could enchance the game experience of any player... maybe, I don't know... As long as they don't make Bowser a Pokémon... Imagine in the next Smash Bros. game playing as Poke-Bowser... :S That would be weird...

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Actually, Nintendo made it kind of possible! Has anyone played Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3Ds? It made tons of references of Nintendo characters. Maybe just for comical purposes, but it did!

As for pokemon, I dunno. I wouldn't say that in the world of pokemon, they would make direct references to Nintendo characters; maybe small hints of say, instead of Link, just... a boy in green. But, it'd be kind of weird if they started doing that, imo. It'd be an Easter Egg at best, but other than that? Not very likely.

I think that'd be interesting in a way, especially if they kept the description sort of vague yet noticeable by someone who's played other franchises. With X and Y using cel-shaded graphics and how the protagonist is always silent, how funny would it be if a coastal town(assuming the games have one) local referenced Toon Link from Wind Waker by saying something like 'your silence reminds me of a mysterious (elf-looking) blonde guy in green who sailed through here x months/years ago'.

Sure it would kind of ruin the uniqueness of the Pokemon world but I think it'd be some good fun to leave in easter eggs like that every so often. I just would hope obsessed people wouldn't force an explanation for such a thing.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I do remember this one reference the games made to Mario (i think it was Pokemon Yellow?). Examining the TV in Copycat's house would say something like:

"There is a game on with Mario wearing a bucket on his head." - an obvious reference to the game "Mario & Wario".

So it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility to include a few references or easter eggs. I hope X and Y actually have a few.

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
not really

I'd prefer Pokemon be kept pokemon

mentioning other pokemon regions?

Sure, go for it, but not other Nintendo titles

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think it might really be possible, which is why I mentioned it in the first post. :3 I think if they just made small references to other games, such as like "Hey have you played ___" for like, a in-game video-game enthusiastic and each week near releases it updates via wifi, or something along those lines so you're always up to date? :x COULD WORK FOR ADVERTISING.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... maybe if there's an art museum in the game, maybe it could have a sculpture of Mario or something inside the museum so that a character outside of the Pokémon franchise could make a cameo appearance.

Maybe if you play some other character's Wii U in some other town, it would say something like "It's a Wii U! It has Yoshi's Epic Yarn in it." or something along those lines.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah that could happen, or if maybe the games change each day based on a random choice by GF before the games are released, in regards to what Wii U games are in there, for example.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I'm gonna say that your room will have a Wii U. Anyway I would like that for example if a random trainer is dressed like Mario. But has a total diffirent name and doesn't mention it. They could also say something like: "Have you heard of that boy who saved the whole world?" It's not a direct reference to link. You could also think of Nate from Black2/White2 or some there hero of the pokemon games. But anyway I would really like it if they reference other Nintendo titles.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm gonna say that your room will have a Wii U. Anyway I would like that for example if a random trainer is dressed like Mario. But has a total diffirent name and doesn't mention it. They could also say something like: "Have you heard of that boy who saved the whole world?" It's not a direct reference to link. You could also think of Nate from Black2/White2 or some there hero of the pokemon games. But anyway I would really like it if they reference other Nintendo titles.

Lmao that'd be awesome @ dressed like Mario. Perhaps he could also tell another story too, like in detail of his adventures but ofc at the point of view as someone else. And given where the games are located it can totally be from another "world"!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Probopass is a reference to Mario, and according to some Blastoise might be the Pokébowser of the series.
In zelda they have the pikafox mask so maybe we can get a link like mask. Or a pokémon. Which reminds me there's this theory that the lake trio are based on the triforce. So we have some references... now to wait for our Kid Icarus mons.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I guess it'd be ok, so long as they don't overuse it and exaggerate it, like where the player realizes he's in a game, or even part of Nintendo, tends to annoy me, I like playing as if it were me in the actual game, but then you go to that GF building and somebody says "Hey, I'm the Pixel Artist for this game" then I'm just playing the game, I'm weird like that xD

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I wouldn't want it to be more than an easter egg, like "Here Lies Link" gravestone in the Final Fantasy remake. Pokemon already did a crossover game so I don't see why they can't have Pokemon Conquest as a common folk story in whatever region this is in. Or they could have a character called Samus make a cameo and is actually a parallel world version of Samus Aran. There's also decorations that could reference other Nintendo games like a triforce poster.

Back